Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Bikers ignoring a fellow biker down  (Read 2172 times)

Offline OomD

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
Re: Bikers ignoring a fellow biker down
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2019, 07:01:26 am »
You investigate and help, if possible. It's just being human. Not even because you ride a bike or anything, its just the right thing to do.

Couple of years ago, on my first GS, my son and I took the canal roads to Beestekraal. I overcooked one corner too, went down and tumbled a bit onto the embankment about a meter or 2 lower than the road, and the bike ended up teetering on the edge of the canal. Out of nowhere, seemingly, 4 locals popped up and helped us drag the bike up to the road again. And they were not even bikers.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2019, 07:12:32 am »
You investigate and help, if possible. It's just being human. Not even because you ride a bike or anything, its just the right thing to do.

Couple of years ago, on my first GS, my son and I took the canal roads to Beestekraal. I overcooked one corner too, went down and tumbled a bit onto the embankment about a meter or 2 lower than the road, and the bike ended up teetering on the edge of the canal. Out of nowhere, seemingly, 4 locals popped up and helped us drag the bike up to the road again. And they were not even bikers.

Those 4 were not on GS's. :pot:

Sounds to me like the 2 riders saw the fall, saw the rider get up straightaway and thought he had the situation under control.

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Choose orange. Choose Stihl.
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2019, 07:41:52 am »
Being on GS`s, they probably also know its a back breaker to haul a GS out of a sloot....
BUT.... still,  should have walked over and check on the person. Offer at least to phone for help if you dont like to get your pedicured hands dirty.
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs

Kaboef:  "Ek dink BMW gooi drank in hul koffie en muffins. Want as jy dronk is, koop jy enige kak."

Offline Knucklhead

• aka: Mooseknuckle/ knucky/knuckles/philistine
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2019, 09:04:35 am »
Do you all stop at a car accidents, i don't normally unless I'm first on the scene , why should it be compulsory for a bike.. Needless to say i would stop and have before but many others are just scared.  :sip:

they were first on the seen , they were already stopped on the bridge when he missed the corner right behind them , they were off their bikes at the time and were still off their bikes when I got there, they did not even attempt to help him or us us get the bike out of the ditch,

agreed yes thats kak style

Offline Casting from Turd

• Read my avatar and act accordingly
  • Forum Whore
    • addobackpackers.com
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2019, 09:10:29 am »
To be honest. When a biker goes down, stop and assist yes. If all is well, I will also leave...

I dont think its my job to sukkel 2 hours to get  bike out of a sloot hey  :imaposer:

Says you that also ride a 500kg 1250.....

That meas a total of 658kg hurtling down the road. Scary thought
I dont want to ride fast, But I want to ride FAR
Past Bikes...Honda XR250 Tornado
Honda XR650L
Honda XL1000V Varadero
http://www.addobackpackers.com

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2019, 10:35:48 am »
Do you all stop at a car accidents, i don't normally unless I'm first on the scene , why should it be compulsory for a bike.. Needless to say i would stop and have before but many others are just scared.  :sip:

they were first on the seen , they were already stopped on the bridge when he missed the corner right behind them , they were off their bikes at the time and were still off their bikes when I got there, they did not even attempt to help him or us us get the bike out of the ditch,

So jy is eintlik kwaad omdat hulle nie gehelp het om die bike uit die sloot te haal nie?

no they left long before we pulled the bike out of the sloot,

So you managed?

So the actual gripe is that they did'nt help you  :laughing4:

In the end it all seemed to work out ok.

Everyone is different.

I have been in situations where I needed help and I always get it, I have been in situations where others need help and I always give it, but not everyone works in the same way. its not your job to police or judge how people react in situations.

Some people get scared or suffer from shock or just don't want to get involved and that is ok, its their decision as to weather they get involved or not, .. maybe they saw you and assumed you will help, maybe they thought you were together.. you just dont know what they were thinking.

I think as riders or just as humans we would like to believe that everyone will jump in and get involved, but its simply not the case
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2019, 10:38:12 am »
To be honest. When a biker goes down, stop and assist yes. If all is well, I will also leave...

I dont think its my job to sukkel 2 hours to get  bike out of a sloot hey  :imaposer:

Says you that also ride a 500kg 1250.....

That meas a total of 658kg hurtling down the road. Scary thought

So the Beemer only weighs 450kgs? :pot:

Offline Sam

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2019, 11:05:36 am »
Quite close to Greyton. Mebbe it's the same bunch of asshats that Dux bumped into on this ride.......

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=233317.0

"My , how this town has changed , it has certainly grown and seems to be quite the Sunday morning tourist hub , but we rode down the main road looking for a pharmacy ,  found one and I parked the DR next to six spanking newish 1200GS's , Kayleigh ran off to the pharmacy while I was removing gloves , helmet etc , lo and behold a chap walks out and tells me to move the bike , I look around to make sure I am the target of his ridiculous request and to confirm that I am parking legally . Yes it is legal where I am parked and yes , I am his target . So I do the first thing that comes to mind and ask why , his response was that they don't want my bike parked next to theirs . I calmly replied that the bike stays where it is and they had better learn to deal with it , with which I walked away from fuming dickhead ."

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Wanneer vat ons vog?
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2019, 11:18:58 am »
Quite close to Greyton. Mebbe it's the same bunch of asshats that Dux bumped into on this ride.......

"My , how this town has changed , it has certainly grown and seems to be quite the Sunday morning tourist hub , but we rode down the main road looking for a pharmacy ,  found one and I parked the DR next to six spanking newish 1200GS's , Kayleigh ran off to the pharmacy while I was removing gloves , helmet etc , lo and behold a chap walks out and tells me to move the bike , I look around to make sure I am the target of his ridiculous request and to confirm that I am parking legally . Yes it is legal where I am parked and yes , I am his target . So I do the first thing that comes to mind and ask why , his response was that they don't want my bike parked next to theirs . I calmly replied that the bike stays where it is and they had better learn to deal with it , with which I walked away from fuming dickhead ."

What the actual fuck?!!  :eek7:

Offline Edgar

• The ultimate
  • Local Mods
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2019, 11:27:12 am »
This is just in bad style. Shit I stop for injured animals. Can't imagine just leaving a fellow biker next to the road to fend for himself.

Offline Grrrr....

• Forum Whore
  • Wanneer vat ons vog?
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2019, 11:30:04 am »

What the actual fuck?!!  :eek7:

I have said it before, the new LC's seem to attract a special type of asshole.

Yes, it is a generalisation. Some aren't complete twassholes but I have noticed the biggest dickheads tend to favour the LC version of the BMW.

Maybe they have to complete a compulsory course, '100 steps to ensure you are a colossal twatwaffle while out riding' before you take ownership of your new oil tanker...

Offline manxkipper

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2019, 11:39:45 am »

That twat needs a little hello smack. The legality or not is your concern and not his. I certainly wouldn't have been so polite!

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2019, 11:50:15 am »
on the biker down I am just wondering if the tumble was bad and worthy then of requiring help...doesn't sound like rider was to shaken up. If I was already late for something (which it feels like I always am) and I saw the rider and his bike was perfectly fine except for his ego there is a good chance I would also have left.

On the LC ego, I love confrontation, seems like I have a new target!
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Offline TheBear

• Stalin was 'n sissy.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2019, 11:56:22 am »

I don't know hey.  You don't have one.  Kilroy doesn't have one.  Bundu doesn't have one ......   :peepwall: :peepwall: :peepwall:
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Grrrr....

• Forum Whore
  • Wanneer vat ons vog?
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2019, 12:18:02 pm »

I don't know hey.  You don't have one.  Kilroy doesn't have one.  Bundu doesn't have one ......   :peepwall: :peepwall: :peepwall:

You have one. Case closed.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2019, 12:18:48 pm »

:imaposer: and anyway, I have sometimes politely requested BMW riders to park their bikes away from my Yamaha. The Yamaha told me having a Beemer park next to it is like for me to sit

on an aeroplane next to an obese person.

I love my Yamaha.

Offline Grrrr....

• Forum Whore
  • Wanneer vat ons vog?
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2019, 12:20:33 pm »

And even if you still ride an old air-cooled one we will make you a honorary member of the "BMW LC riding dickhead club" because you have enough twatwaffle in you to make the cut.

You are welcome.  ;)

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2019, 12:24:42 pm »
@TheBear, I have told you years ago to get rid of that overweight piece of WW2 loser software, now look at how people know you by your ride. :pot:

Offline TheBear

• Stalin was 'n sissy.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2019, 12:24:46 pm »

Actually, I don't.  Case closed.   :lol8:
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Grrrr....

• Forum Whore
  • Wanneer vat ons vog?
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2019, 12:27:25 pm »

Actually, I don't.  Case closed.   :lol8:

As above.

Jy kan 'n fiets ry en jy sal nogsteeds membership kan kry.  ;D