Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 2018 690 forks rusting  (Read 148 times)

Offline Grumpleton

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Live life like there is no tomorrow, For F#$K sake
2018 690 forks rusting
« on: December 10, 2019, 07:07:35 pm »
Has anyone else had this problem, took the fork covers off the front to give the bike a good clean and found rust spots on the front of the forks at the bottom  >:(, my bike is still under warranty till April next year, so I think I need to talk to KTM about this, as its not acceptable.
my 950 which is 16 years old does not have a spot of rust on it, and it stands in the same garage.
Bikes : 2003 KTM 950 adventure S, 2018 KTM 690 Enduro R , BigBoy Revival 150 for the dorp.

Sun, Wind and Sail and for those colder days, My Bike.
Live for today, because yesterday has gone and tomorrow may never come.

Offline Kaboef

• Jedi Knight
  • Forum Whore
Re: 2018 690 forks rusting
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 09:44:17 pm »
Rust would probably not negatively affect the 690's forks, given how kak they are.

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

Offline Thumper Dumper

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 06:34:23 am »
Has anyone else had this problem, took the fork covers off the front to give the bike a good clean and found rust spots on the front of the forks at the bottom  >:(, my bike is still under warranty till April next year, so I think I need to talk to KTM about this, as its not acceptable.
my 950 which is 16 years old does not have a spot of rust on it, and it stands in the same garage.
My 2015 has the same thing. It's below the travel so I just spray it with silicone to prevent it from spreading.
The forks are just hard chrome so they can rust.

Offline Grumpleton

• Live life like there is no tomorrow, For F#$K sake
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 06:55:28 am »
My 2015 has the same thing. It's below the travel so I just spray it with silicone to prevent it from spreading.

Defiantly below the travel , but it should not have happend , KTM and I are going to have a talk today,  >:( dont know how far I will get. ???
Bikes : 2003 KTM 950 adventure S, 2018 KTM 690 Enduro R , BigBoy Revival 150 for the dorp.

Sun, Wind and Sail and for those colder days, My Bike.
Live for today, because yesterday has gone and tomorrow may never come.

Offline Thumper Dumper

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 01:25:05 pm »

Defiantly below the travel , but it should not have happend , KTM and I are going to have a talk today,  >:( dont know how far I will get. ???
Good luck and if you come right with KTM tell them you have a buddy who has the same issue.
Just by the way mine also lives in a garage.