Slent Road - Truck Hazards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
On Saturday, myself, my wife, Katoommaniac and another friend went for a bit of a ride. We went out past Kontermanskloof, onto the Occultdale road, turned left to Klipheuwel, then at the junction we went straight onto the Slent road past the wind turbines.

We were having a lekker ride up until then but along this road we must have been passed by 9 large waste disposal trucks coming towards us. They were spread out so that we got one every few minutes and some of them were flying, making alot of dust.

One of them stopped for something, sommer right in the road and the one behind it just whipped round and overtook the stationary truck. I don't think that with all the dust about that driver could see properly, I know we were batteling to see everytime one of them passed us.

Does anyone know if these trucks are common on this road or did we just pick a bad day. I looked around as much as I could but I could not see any waste site around.