So.....My Pig broke down today .....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coxwain

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Yep its true. I'm completely gutted. This should never happen .....but it did.

So there I was, quietly cruising Van Stadens Pass ...A 800 Gs in my mirror, and I must admit I was smirking....He was in my dust.
And then it happened ....My Ole Bitch just died ...for fark sakes , this has never happened before. Its not possible, Pigs just don't break down....they may rest, but they never break down. So I coasted to a stop and XT Joe pulled up behind me. I did notice the glimmer of a smile on his face, and the non chalant tone in his voice ...he was enjoying this. Anyways....a bit of poking and prodding soon revealed that the Motronic relay had finally said after twenty odd years ''I CANT DO THIS ANY MORE ....GET A FECKIN NEW ONE ' ....and died a peaceful death. So there I was ...XT Joe smirking into his helmet...his good wife digging up the forests, and me wondering ..."where am I going to get a trailer"
But us Pigsters ....we're a tough lot , we don't give up easily ...no sir....we make a plan, cause we can.
So ...a quick swop of the Motronic relay with the hooter relay seemed to fix the problem...the fuel pump relay was also on its last legs but it lasted long enough to get me home.

So Gentlemen ...the moral of this tale is ....KEEP A SPARE SET OF RELAYS ON YOUR BIKE. These old girls are getting old and things do wear out. The relays are available at Midas at a very reasonable price.

Two new relays , and the Pig is ready for anything again.