The tale of the Suzuki DRZ400 Super Motard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brinkman

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi Ladies and gents.

Once again I am doing a thread to track the progress of a new bike that I worked extremely hard for to ecquire.

The feeling of satisfaction i get from prepping/modifying and improving bikes makes every cent I spend worth it a million times over. There has been a §HIT TON of cents that has gone into my lovely duds I bought over the last few years.

I sold my KTM 200 XCW a month ago and has been desperately searching for a neat Suzuki DRZ 400 super motard. I finally found one but it was 1350km away all the way in Vereeniging.  After thinking long and hard if I should take the chance, I decided to put some faith in humanity and do the EFT.

I really wanted to get back on road  and I couldn't think of anything more fun than an off road bike with 17inch sticky tyres as mountain passes was the type of riding that in the past really gave me buterflies and kept depression at bay. 10 years ago I was all into 300km/h superbikes, but having a bike that is not so intimidating makes riding much more fun, also keeps my butt out of jail.

I Organised Rothwinds Couriers, whose service was top notch! Best price and lowest turn around time as well. Landing two days earlier than what was promised! The bike was securely fastened on a very neat trailer and the guys that delivered it gave such a proffesional service. Great sense of humor as well.