We Survived the Hell on motorbikes!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TVB

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp
We Survived the Hell on motorbikes!! Thats what the sticker says and true to baas Kobus's warning we promised to only buy the sticker 'after' completion of the trip!  :headbang:

My son has been riding motorbikes since age 7 and has never been without a bike but then like with most of us at some stage(s) 'life happened' and he had to sell the bike.

He had this dream to one day ride with his 'old toppie' ( that me yes  :peepwall: ) a couple of gravel roads and mountain passes while we still have change.
So both of us have been working on a short farmworker contract in the States and he decided to buy a Yamaha XT660Z which I sourced. It happened to be Dorsland's bike and I could not manage to get a lift to collect the bike so we decided that I'll lift him on my bike and then we will do the trip.  :laughing4: :laughing4:

My bike is not a dual purpose bike but its my only wheels and I had to make due - all I can say afterwards is well done NC750X, you have never missed a beat and done routes where others said 'impossible' with absolutely no damage. Yes even a 17inch mag front tyre  :deal:  :) :laughing4:

Attachments

• 20191223-DSCF6564.jpg
    20191223-DSCF6564.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 948
  • 20191218-DSCF6304.jpg
    20191218-DSCF6304.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 930