Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2020  (Read 42963 times)

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
Re: MotoGP 2020
« Reply #1180 on: November 10, 2020, 08:18:19 pm »
It does make me a little warm inside that even though the mighty MM isnít there Yamaha or Ducati arenít leading the championship  :deal:

Would be so amazing if Suzuki win it in the new  4 stroke ere after so many years.

It is Suzuki's title to lose, as I cannot see anyone catching Juan.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #1181 on: November 11, 2020, 09:05:07 am »
Actually a pretty decent ride by BB33 today. Making up many places after his long lap.

Also, yeah haven't heard from @TheBear in a long time.

Awwww!  You noticed my absence.   :thumleft:

It is this retired business.  Not in front of the PC every day.

BB33 did ride a brilliant race.  Hopefully the remaining two races will be on very hot days.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline OomD

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #1182 on: November 11, 2020, 10:39:48 am »
Actually a pretty decent ride by BB33 today. Making up many places after his long lap.

BB33 did ride a brilliant race.  Hopefully the remaining two races will be on very hot days.
Enjoy your retirement! :thumleft:

... but spend it in front of a PC :lol8:

Offline Clockwork Orange

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #1183 on: November 11, 2020, 03:42:38 pm »

I am all for you enjoying your retirement but not at the expense of this thread :lol8:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 03:43:01 pm by Clockwork Orange »
When in doubt...grab throttle!!!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #1184 on: November 11, 2020, 08:48:28 pm »

I am all for you enjoying your retirement but not at the expense of this thread :lol8:

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1185 on: November 11, 2020, 08:49:48 pm »

My most humble apologies to you and OompieD.  I will make a serious attempt to remember where the la[top is from now on.   :thumleft:
#33 #BRADICAL!

The following users thanked this post: KiLRoy, OomD

Offline blockheadxl650v

« Reply #1186 on: November 12, 2020, 02:22:24 pm »
So it seems Rossie has the Covid again. Or he is just faking it again so he doesn't have to ride that shitty Yamaha again this week end  :patch:

Offline OomD

• #imstayingpositive
« Reply #1187 on: November 12, 2020, 02:36:26 pm »
So it seems Rossie has the Covid again. Or he is just faking it again so he doesn't have to ride that shitty Yamaha again this week end  :patch:
But trump said you become immune? :pot:

Sorry sorry, I'll leave the politics out of this thread. Bummer about Rossi.

Online Cracker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #1188 on: November 12, 2020, 05:20:32 pm »

It's not a shitty Yamaha, It's a normal Yamaha. It is, however, a shitty bike.....................  :biggrin:
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1189 on: November 12, 2020, 10:09:26 pm »

No Covid for Rossi.  Perhaps Yamaha is making their own test kits as they seem rather unreliable.   :lol8:
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1190 on: November 12, 2020, 10:31:07 pm »
Some interesting teams next year and the year after that.  Good rumour going around as well.

Honda Factory Repsol:  Pol Espargaro and ?????.  Should be MM93, but will he be back?  Talk of yet another operation seems to be dawdling around.
Honda Satellite LCR:  AM73 and Taka Nakagami who both seem like they is growing into persistent threats for a podium position.
Yamaha Factory Monster:  FQ and MV.  Both good riders, but with little consistency.  No more Valventino Rossi to make PR for them.
Yamaha Satellite Petronas:  Franky Morbidelli and Quarentino Rossi.  Franky looking pretty hot lately.  VR46, not so much, but then, he was the last rider ever to win a world championship on a satellite bike. 
Ducati Factory:  Jack Miller and Pecco Bagnaia.  Young guns.  Hungry for wins both with Jack having grown nicely as a rider lately.
Ducati Satellite Pramac:  Johann Zarco moved up from the customer team and Jorge Martin up from Moto2 where he is doing pretty well on the Red Bull KTM branded Kalex.
Ducati Customer Avintia: Enea Bastianinni and half-brother to VR46, Luca Marini, both up from Moto2.  Watch this Avintia space carefully for 2022 and do not be surprised if they become Sky VR46 Racing with Suzukis.
Suzuki Factory:  Mir and Rins.  No more needs to be said.  These two have proven that consistency is more important than outright speed.
Aprilia Factory: Aleix Espargaro and ?????.  Iannone's ban was doubled by the Court of Appeal effectively ending his career and leaving Aprilia a rider short.  Pretty much confirmed it will not be Dovi or Crutchlow as often rumoured.  Who then?  Yet another Moto2 rider?  SBK rider from Italy like Salvadori?
KTM Factory Red Bull:  BB33 and Miguel Oliviera.  A proven team from Moto 3 and Moto 2.  Both very fast.  Can KTM provide the bikes required?
KTM Satellite Tech3: Lecuona and Petrux.

Further rumours:

- JL99 out as Yamaha test rider.  He was pretty useless and at Portimao Maverick was almost 3 seconds a lap faster on a bog standard R1 than JL99 on the 2019 spec M1.
- Dovi takes sabatical.  No ride for 2021, not even test rider.
- Crutchlow.  Replaces JL99 as Yamaha test rider.
- The Sky VR46 corporation have signed with Suzuki to become their satellite team from 2022 onward. 

This season is still on and I'm wishing to see 2021 already!

As a side note, Darryn Binder in the Petronas team will be a force to be reckoned with!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 10:35:50 pm by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Online Cracker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #1191 on: November 13, 2020, 01:09:44 am »
Why was Maverick riding a R1 against George on  a  M1?

No way he should win unless he had more reliable valves. Maybe Chinese ones, like the KTMs use.........
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #1192 on: November 13, 2020, 06:11:54 am »

No way he should win unless he had more reliable valves. Maybe Chinese ones, like the KTMs use.........

Chinese valves will be better than some of the crap coming out of EU recently. While not valves, I have some fuel hose with Made in EU stamped on the side hardly a year old that is cracking up  ???  People seem to forget that Japanese manufactured stuff was also dismissed as being 'Jap Crap' back in the day. I wonder if the Yamaha defective new valves are Jap made?
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline OomD

• #imstayingpositive
« Reply #1193 on: November 13, 2020, 06:42:52 am »
Why do yamaha not make their own valves? It seems such a small item, and they surely have the know-how. Makes me wonder what other parts of the engine is outsourced. Designed by Yamaha in Japan, but built by who?

Offline mox

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Formerly knows as HONDAKAWA11
« Reply #1194 on: November 13, 2020, 06:54:11 am »

I think it's something to do with the amount of testing that teams are allowed to do .

https://www.gpone.com/en/2020/10/02/motogp/test-at-portimao-valentino-rossi-on-the-r1-jorge-lorenzo-on-the-m1.html

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/945758/1/valentino-rossi-portimao-beautiful-scary-big-jumps
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 06:55:28 am by mox »
Klr 650 , Z800 - My blood is green.

The following users thanked this post: TheBear

Offline Bappas

« Reply #1195 on: November 13, 2020, 09:03:00 am »
Why do yamaha not make their own valves? It seems such a small item, and they surely have the know-how. Makes me wonder what other parts of the engine is outsourced. Designed by Yamaha in Japan, but built by who?

Yamaha makes motorcycles!!!!!  Not parts !!!  Ha Ha
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers...What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #1196 on: November 13, 2020, 09:04:52 am »

They also make organs ... musical.  >:D
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline Bappas

« Reply #1197 on: November 13, 2020, 09:08:00 am »

They also make organs ... musical.  >:D

And buy or have the parts made!!!!!!
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers...What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1198 on: November 13, 2020, 09:21:43 am »
Early morning news is that Marco Bezzechi will replace Iannone at Aprilia.  Marco is currently riding for the Sky VR46 team in Moto2.  He is currently 4th in the championship.  I wonder if Rossi ever thought his VR46 Academy would produce so many MotoGP level riders in such a short time.  Pecco Bagnaia, Franco Morbidelli, Luca Marini and possibly Marco Bezzechi,

The 1st day at Portimoa had two purposes.  First was for the MotoGP teams to test their bikes on a track they have never been.  This was done by the test riders, such as JL99.  The MotoGP riders themselves, as with normal testing is not allowed to ride their MotoGP bikes.  In this case, to help the riders familiarise themselves with the track, they were allowed to ride the track, but only with standard superbikes.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 09:29:23 am by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Clockwork Orange

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #1199 on: November 13, 2020, 02:05:14 pm »
And straight away this thread is back where it should be.....Thanks Bear :thumleft: :thumleft:
When in doubt...grab throttle!!!

The following users thanked this post: TheBear