Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2020  (Read 34459 times)

Offline OomD

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
Re: MotoGP 2020
« Reply #180 on: March 10, 2020, 05:46:26 pm »
MotoGP in Austen, Texas which would have been the opener for the season on 3 April, after the cancellation of Qatar and postponement of Thailand has just been postponed to November.
Ai tog. :-\

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #181 on: March 10, 2020, 06:32:27 pm »
Brad making good use of his extended holiday.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I have been waiting for this for quite a while, can not miss it

This was hastily arranged whilst Brad was on the plane back here...... There will be partying whilst on leave

Im glad I didnt bother going.. apparently guys were standing in the line for hours without it really moving.. a few wild dogs went and gave up after an hour or standing in the same spot.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2020, 06:54:32 am »
Im glad I didnt bother going.. apparently guys were standing in the line for hours without it really moving.. a few wild dogs went and gave up after an hour or standing in the same spot.

I believe it took some 4 hours to get to the front of the line.  It happens when you attempt to meet and greet and have your picture taken with a super star.  Some gave up after standing in line for an hour.  Keep in mind, poor Brad stood at the end of that line for at least 4 hours! 

I am glad I got my picture with him, after he was World Champ for the first time, but before he became a super star.   :thumleft:

#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline mox

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Formerly knows as HONDAKAWA11
« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2020, 07:06:05 am »
Latest 2020 MotoGP Calendar
Round   Date   Race   Circuit
1   8 March   Qatar (no MotoGP class)   Losail International Circuit
2   19 April   Argentina   Termas de Rio Hondo
3   3 May   Jerez   Circuito de Jerez - Angel Nieto
4   17 May   France   Le Mans
5   31 May   Italy   Mugello
6   7 June   Catalunya   Circuit de Barcelona - Catalunya
7   21 June   Germany   Sachsenring
8   28 June   Netherlands   TT Circuit Assen
9   12 July   Finland*   KymiRing
10   9 August   Czech Republic   Brno
11   16 August   Austria   Red Bull Ring - Spielberg
12   30 August   Great Britain   Silverstone
13   13 September   San Marino   Misano
14   27 September   Aragon   MotorLand Aragon
15   4 October   Thailand   Chang International Circuit
16   18 October   Japan   Motegi
17   25 October   Australia   Phillip Island
18   1 November   Malaysia   Sepang
19   15 November   Americas   Circuit of the Americas
20   22 November   Valencia   Comunitat Valenciana - Ricardo Tormo
Klr 650 , Z800 - My blood is green.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #184 on: March 11, 2020, 07:11:31 am »
I think the above schedule, as it stands today, may still change again.  We wait and see.

Dorna, must by contract with FIM, have at least 13 races a year.  They have undertaken to do the full number though and therefore they will do their utmost to reschedule all (excluding Qatar) and possibly even have two races on one weekend a la WSBK.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2020, 10:16:25 am »

I believe it took some 4 hours to get to the front of the line.  It happens when you attempt to meet and greet and have your picture taken with a super star.  Some gave up after standing in line for an hour.  Keep in mind, poor Brad stood at the end of that line for at least 4 hours! 

I am glad I got my picture with him, after he was World Champ for the first time, but before he became a super star.   :thumleft:

Superstar? After winning a Moto? title?? Unless you mean locally only?

Offline mox

« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2020, 10:54:43 am »
 :laughing4: Howzit Danie.

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #187 on: March 11, 2020, 10:57:01 am »
:laughing4: Howzit Danie.

Howzit Danie, the Pop Star  >:D
Fixed.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 10:57:25 am by BiG DoM »
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #188 on: March 11, 2020, 11:01:46 am »

It was a Moto 3 world title.  You should remember that, or are you on really nifty meds?   ;)

Locally only Danie, locally only.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 11:03:38 am by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #189 on: March 11, 2020, 11:03:41 am »

Locally only Dan.

Locally LIKE Dan.
Fixed

:imaposer:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #190 on: March 11, 2020, 11:06:59 am »

Locally only Dan.

Locally LIKE Dan.
Fixed

:imaposer:

Perhaps Oom Danie can work out a scale of superstarness for us, while he is lying around with his hands idle?

#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #191 on: March 11, 2020, 04:20:22 pm »
I doubt his hands are idle  :pot:
 fapfap

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #192 on: March 11, 2020, 04:32:21 pm »

I think the problem was that whether you wanted to meet and greet the Superstar, or just buy merchandise, you had to wait in the same queue. I spoke to a few people that were there specifically just to get a T Shirt for example but had to wait as you say for up to 4 hours. I wanted merch, and as I only got to wait for about an hour, I didn't mind waiting and I got him to sign my newly purchased cap, got a pic and wished him all the best for 2020.

I will say though, we hung about afterwards, had a few beers and a burger (very good) and even though he was still there more than an hour after the official slot ended, he never stopped smiling and being nice to everyone who eventually made it to the front to say hello.

Maybe the organizers underestimated just how many fans he has.
"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #193 on: March 11, 2020, 05:29:35 pm »
MotoGP of Argentina posponed.   :(

Season opener currently planned to be 1 - 3 May at Jerez in Spain. 
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline OomD

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #194 on: March 11, 2020, 06:55:22 pm »
Eish.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #195 on: March 11, 2020, 08:46:21 pm »
I doubt his hands are idle  :pot:
 fapfap

Don't start a circle-jerk. :eek7:

Offline mox

« Reply #196 on: March 11, 2020, 08:49:36 pm »
 :laughing4: okay stop this now no reach arounds!

Offline billy-joe

« Reply #197 on: March 11, 2020, 09:38:23 pm »
ffs!  the media is making thing into something a lot worse than it is and now we have to suffer!  farking politicians must stay outta motorsport!
-There is no road to happiness...Happiness is the road.
-One cannot drink beer all day long if you do not start early in the morning says Welsh!!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #198 on: March 12, 2020, 07:44:52 am »
ffs!  the media is making thing into something a lot worse than it is and now we have to suffer!  farking politicians must stay outta motorsport!

Thankfully, not being able to watch a sporting event is not severe suffering and it is fact that the WHO just declared this Covid-19 thing a pandemic.  Personally, I think that organisations like Dorna, who will lose billions due to these changes are being led by experts, rather than the media.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Sputnik080

« Reply #199 on: March 12, 2020, 08:13:48 am »

I think the problem was that whether you wanted to meet and greet the Superstar, or just buy merchandise, you had to wait in the same queue. I spoke to a few people that were there specifically just to get a T Shirt for example but had to wait as you say for up to 4 hours. I wanted merch, and as I only got to wait for about an hour, I didn't mind waiting and I got him to sign my newly purchased cap, got a pic and wished him all the best for 2020.

I will say though, we hung about afterwards, had a few beers and a burger (very good) and even though he was still there more than an hour after the official slot ended, he never stopped smiling and being nice to everyone who eventually made it to the front to say hello.

Maybe the organizers underestimated just how many fans he has.

A friend and I went through on Saturday, we were there at 10am and fortunately we were first in line.
We did not move an inch from the doors. :lol8:
Sitting and waiting was SOOOOOO worth it.
Chatting with some others in the line, chatting to the security etc.
Even the security said he's the nicest guy, most humble they've ever worked with.
I also heard at the last meet & greet up in Alberton (?), he stayed 3 hours after the official end time to make sure everyone got their chance.

It was an amazing experience and I am so glad we were there early.
The majority of the people only started rocking up just before 1pm oddly enough.
I reckon by the time we left there was probably around 300 people, by sounds of it, that number grew substantially.

I got my merch, photo and signature, I'm happy.

..........should've gotten more merch though.......
History:
1) 2008 Vuka XT125 (sold)     2) 2013 Motomia Java 170 (sold)     3) 2000 Honda XRV750 Africa Twin (sold)     4) 1994 Honda CBR600 F2 (sold)     5) 2004 Honda XL650V Transalp (sold)     6) 2004 BMW R1200GS (current)