Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2020  (Read 14351 times)

Offline Cracker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
Re: MotoGP 2020
« Reply #240 on: April 01, 2020, 07:44:27 pm »
No matter who you think is best ........................ we all want the old man to win.

That will be special, any other result is par-for-the-course, not so?
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #241 on: April 01, 2020, 07:49:04 pm »
No matter who you think is best ........................ we all want the old man to win.

That will be special, any other result is par-for-the-course, not so?

One last win would be nice indeed!

The following users thanked this post: TheBear

Offline TheBear

« Reply #242 on: April 01, 2020, 08:38:34 pm »
Especially for the more positive WD's: @OomD @dirtyXT @Cracker @Bundu @Fudge @ktmmer @Offside @JonW @JustBendIt + you know who you are.

edit: add @TheBear (& he's a Rossi fan - hahaha).

Sjoe!  You almost broke my little giallo heart when I noted you had excluded me. 

Just one thing.  Is there anything other than a Rossi fan and if so, who would they be a fan of?  Donald Duck?  Minnie Mouse?

Bear, I am worried about the company seeking your company. :pot:

Han Solo should just ask this; "Where is Biaggi, Stoner, Capirossi, Edwards, Roberts, Lorenzo, Gibernau............all riders Rossi preceded, and outlasted.

Rossi is one of the greatest, and it is no coincidence you associate him with Yamaha. :deal: :thumleft: :drif: :drif: ;)

There is a bloody lock down Danie.  One cannot be too choosy about the company you keep so anyone who talks to me, is considered my BFF!   :lol8:

Apart from being a huge Rossi fan, I am also a huge Yamaha fan.  Rossi and Yamaha go together like skaaptjops and braaibroodjies.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #243 on: April 01, 2020, 08:40:16 pm »
Iannone has an 18 month ban. Could just be a six month ban with Covid depending on if and when the 2020 season get going. I wonder if this also bans him from the playstation races? :o

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/04/01/iannone-handed-18-month-suspension/328777?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=Iannonehanded18-monthsuspension&utm_campaign=Traffic&fbclid=IwAR1EyASyaSDOAUN1QL_ytPrbdl5ViZQYr0s0gOKYeuSWIlR4RJqfdQqVydo

A tad harsh, I think.  Hopefully his appeal to CAS will be successful.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline OomD

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #244 on: April 02, 2020, 08:39:15 am »
Iannone has an 18 month ban. Could just be a six month ban with Covid depending on if and when the 2020 season get going. I wonder if this also bans him from the playstation races? :o

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/04/01/iannone-handed-18-month-suspension/328777?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=Iannonehanded18-monthsuspension&utm_campaign=Traffic&fbclid=IwAR1EyASyaSDOAUN1QL_ytPrbdl5ViZQYr0s0gOKYeuSWIlR4RJqfdQqVydo

Hmmm... if indeed he was doping himself to gain an advantage then it is nowhere near harsh enough. That being said, if he accidentally ingested it, through some food or unrelated meds or whatever then it should serve as a warning to be less ignorant of what he consumes. They all know the rules.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #245 on: April 02, 2020, 08:49:51 am »

Hmmm... if indeed he was doping himself to gain an advantage then it is nowhere near harsh enough. That being said, if he accidentally ingested it, through some food or unrelated meds or whatever then it should serve as a warning to be less ignorant of what he consumes. They all know the rules.

Well, it is questionable whether they do know all the rules.  The list of banned substances is longer than my arm and how the heck do you even know what is in the food you eat? If he did digest it from doped up meat eaten in a restaurant during a race week in the East, how would a person check that? 

#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline OomD

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #246 on: April 02, 2020, 09:04:29 am »

Well, it is questionable whether they do know all the rules.  The list of banned substances is longer than my arm and how the heck do you even know what is in the food you eat? If he did digest it from doped up meat eaten in a restaurant during a race week in the East, how would a person check that?
They wouldn't have to know the list of substances, isn't that what the team doctor is for? And, if you're competing it is risky eating at a restaurant with food of unknown quality. I mean he could simply get the runs too, I'm sure they screen for these things? If they don't then their ignorance sort of deserves a wake-up call. Do they even eat at restaurant (in competition weeks)? Is the food not prepared for the team, ala F1?

I see his explanation is that it is due to contaminated food ingestion, and CAS is leaning towards believing him.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #247 on: April 02, 2020, 09:14:48 am »

They wouldn't have to know the list of substances, isn't that what the team doctor is for? And, if you're competing it is risky eating at a restaurant with food of unknown quality. I mean he could simply get the runs too, I'm sure they screen for these things? If they don't then their ignorance sort of deserves a wake-up call. Do they even eat at restaurant (in competition weeks)? Is the food not prepared for the team, ala F1?

I see his explanation is that it is due to contaminated food ingestion, and CAS is leaning towards believing him.

The team Dr. would be involved with medical stuff I think.  I doubt he would be involved in what they eat.  You can also eat in a top notch restaurant and still get a piece of meat that was doped up with growth hormones.  You and I regularly eat meat at well known restaurants without knowing whether the meat was free range, or doped up on growth hormone.  It happens.

I don't know whether they eat all their meals with the team.  I doubt that.  There could be a meal with a sponsor, or something like that, but I can't be sure about that.  To me, it seems that there can be reasonable doubt and ifthat actually does exist, a ban that effectively ends his career is, I think, harsh.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 09:15:39 am by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Cracker

• Forum Whore
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #248 on: April 02, 2020, 09:17:49 am »
Especially for the more positive WD's: @OomD @dirtyXT @Cracker @Bundu @Fudge @ktmmer @Offside @JonW @JustBendIt + you know who you are.

The "others" will complain about the price of data.

"Enjoy ALL the MotoGP™ content for FREE
Historic races, documentaries, interviews… Everything available until the action begins!

If you’re a MotoGP™ fan and these days feel lacking in action, don’t worry, we’ve got the answer. From today until the Championship begins you can enjoy a taste of everything MotoGP™ VideoPass has to offer for FREE. From the whole archive of past races (from 1992 until Qatar 2020) to all the documentaries, exclusive interviews, historic highlights and more, it’ll be sure to satisfy your race hunger until the Covid-19 crisis is over and we can go racing again!

It’s an opportunity to enjoy our enormous archive of content, available on motogp.com, and will no doubt please all of our motorcycle fans".

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/03/31/enjoy-all-the-motogp-content-for-free/328457

edit: add @TheBear (& he's a Rossi fan - hahaha).

Tx. Solo  :thumleft:

Well, I tried that but there's a problem. Seems my email has already been used. It is very possible that I registered before for their free trial ............ I can't remember  :peepwall: :imaposer:

Unyil I get it sorted, I'll have to go back to Jou Ma for my jollies .................  :biggrin:

Offline Cracker

• Forum Whore
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #249 on: April 02, 2020, 09:20:37 am »

The team Dr. would be involved with medical stuff I think.  I doubt he would be involved in what they eat.  You can also eat in a top notch restaurant and still get a piece of meat that was doped up with growth hormones.  You and I regularly eat meat at well known restaurants without knowing whether the meat was free range, or doped up on growth hormone.  It happens.

I don't know whether they eat all their meals with the team.  I doubt that.  There could be a meal with a sponsor, or something like that, but I can't be sure about that.  To me, it seems that there can be reasonable doubt and ifthat actually does exist, a ban that effectively ends his career is, I think, harsh.

Surely if they give an animal a hormone it gets used by the same animal before it's killed, meaning there's none left for you and I to eat. I have no clue but this would be the logical way of doing things. Maybe bad farming practice kills animals woth hormones still in them .............. ??

Offline TheBear

« Reply #250 on: April 02, 2020, 09:26:05 am »

Surely if they give an animal a hormone it gets used by the same animal before it's killed, meaning there's none left for you and I to eat. I have no clue but this would be the logical way of doing things. Maybe bad farming practice kills animals woth hormones still in them .............. ??

I am no expert, but my understanding is that we do digest levels of these hormones when we eat or drink product containing them.  While harmless to us, it seems that it can lead to positive tests, depending on the levels.
#33 #BRADICAL!

The following users thanked this post: Cracker

Offline TheBear

« Reply #251 on: April 03, 2020, 01:54:12 pm »
While following the Iannone situation, I read a bit on drug testing and found some interesting things. 

The first is that the method of drug testing had developed to a level where it can detect minuscule amounts of a substance in a urine test.  So small, that the drug testing authorities are considering reworking their lists to state maximum levels, rather than zero levels.  Apparently, the drug Iannone tested positive for is used as a growth booster in cattle in many countries, including South Africa.  It is legal and acceptable.  It is said that a large number of people who regularly eat beef in any of these countries, would fail the same test Iannone did.  Very interesting is that some vegetables contains the ingredient naturally.  Scoffing down a can of baked beans, for instance would, apart from the side effect we all know and smell so well, also give a positive test if the modern day testing methods are followed. 

Back to Iannone.  The above, purely for interest sake, not an attempt to say Iannone is guilty, or not guilty.   His 18 month ban, is effectively a 24 months or more ban, since 18 months will take him to after the 8th event of 2021.  His current contract with Aprilia expires at the end of 2020 and he does  not have a contract for 2021.  I cannot see a team give him a contract knowing he will miss all winter testing for the 2021 season as well as first 8 races of 2021.  Effectively, he is out till start of the 2022 season and that could well mean, forever.

#33 #BRADICAL!

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #252 on: April 03, 2020, 07:18:48 pm »

I am no expert, but my understanding is that we do digest levels of these hormones when we eat or drink product containing them.  While harmless to us, it seems that it can lead to positive tests, depending on the levels.

So, why don't we perform like these athletes then? :ricky:

Offline TheBear

« Reply #253 on: April 04, 2020, 08:55:11 am »

So, why don't we perform like these athletes then? :ricky:

In my case, apart from talent, I may be a tad .. uhm ... er ... ahum ... on the heavy side.   :biggrin:
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #254 on: April 04, 2020, 08:56:11 am »
All day bike racing, like classic MotoGP races on channel 208.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Online RobD

« Reply #255 on: April 05, 2020, 05:15:03 pm »

Just watching Haga in his prime....... what a legend #41 :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Online RobD

« Reply #256 on: April 05, 2020, 05:30:13 pm »

Just watching Haga in his prime....... what a legend #41 :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Ag FOK!!!!! Sory manne ... internet is slow and doesn't show that it was posted... >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 05:31:34 pm by RobD »

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #257 on: April 05, 2020, 06:39:56 pm »

"Nitro Nori" :thumleft: :thumleft:

Online RobD

« Reply #258 on: April 05, 2020, 06:42:13 pm »

"Nitro Nori" :thumleft: :thumleft:

Absolutely Dan!!!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #259 on: April 06, 2020, 08:16:29 am »
I enjoyed the race at Phakisa. :thumleft:
#33 #BRADICAL!