Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2020  (Read 3238 times)

OFFROAD FANATICS and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
Re: MotoGP 2020
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2020, 08:27:03 pm »
Looks like its going to go through the whole process.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/935406/1/iannone-b-sample-positive-quantity-small

I must admit, I feel for the guy.  Perhaps I am naive, but I cannot see a MotoGP rider use any drug that will make him heavier.  He has worked very hard, under difficult times for Aprilia and it would be an absolute shame if he loses the opportunity to ride the new Aprilia.

Tru dat! Just Googled drostanolone, seems it was developed for breast cancer but never marketed. I cannot see that it will give him any advantage at all.

Maybe he thinks drostanolone will help him keep abreast..... :peepwall:

With bigger breasts you can just push them out and trip the finish lights first.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2020, 01:13:15 pm »
The whole "pay to ride" issue has been highlighted this past week.  Jacub Kornfeil, 2009 Rookies Cup champion announced his retirement even though he does have a Moto 3 ride for 2020.  The reason?  Lack of cash.  It seems, that on average, you want a Moto 3 rode, you need to bring Euro 40k to the party.  Either cash, or sponsorship.  It is said that Tito Rabat pays 1 million Euro to ride the Avintia Ducati for a year.

https://www.gpone.com/en/2020/01/20/moto3/kornfeil-announces-his-retirement-i-still-feel-like-a-winner.html
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2020, 01:20:23 pm »
The whole "pay to ride" issue has been highlighted this past week.  Jacub Kornfeil, 2009 Rookies Cup champion announced his retirement even though he does have a Moto 3 ride for 2020.  The reason?  Lack of cash.  It seems, that on average, you want a Moto 3 rode, you need to bring Euro 40k to the party.  Either cash, or sponsorship.  It is said that Tito Rabat pays 1 million Euro to ride the Avintia Ducati for a year.

https://www.gpone.com/en/2020/01/20/moto3/kornfeil-announces-his-retirement-i-still-feel-like-a-winner.html

The pay to race concept is getting quite ridiculous.If Rabat spent the cash which he is purported to have, he is investing poorly, because the ou has gone no where the last couple of years. 

Offline Sithe

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • gewig versplasing
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2020, 02:35:10 pm »
imagine moto gp comes to South Africa and gets stage 6 load shat. :imaposer: :pot:

I think we are the laughing stock of the world

I doubt that.  We are just not that important and from a motorsport perspective, let me remind you:

https://kyalami9hour.com/

It went without a glitch.

No, that race finished under pace car ... it rained and the coal got wet  :pot: :peepwall:
I operate at a level supreme to the devil

Offline TheBear

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2020, 03:24:57 pm »
imagine moto gp comes to South Africa and gets stage 6 load shat. :imaposer: :pot:

I think we are the laughing stock of the world

I doubt that.  We are just not that important and from a motorsport perspective, let me remind you:

https://kyalami9hour.com/

It went without a glitch.

No, that race finished under pace car ... it rained and the coal got wet  :pot: :peepwall:

You are such a negative dude!  Sies man!  The race finished behind the pace car, no one was ever under it.   :lol8: ;)
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline blockheadxl650v

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2020, 09:39:10 am »

Is this not what happened to Steven Odendal when he left moto2?

Offline TheBear

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2020, 11:09:00 am »

Is this not what happened to Steven Odendal when he left moto2?

I believe it was.

I think he will do well with Ten Kate Racing in WSS600 this year though. 
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2020, 09:09:18 am »
There has been some interesting discussions on V4 versus Inline 4 engines here and why the V4's seem to be doing better in MotoGP than the inline 4s.

It seems it is true.  V4s can make more power.  Interesting read below.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/motorcycles/motogp/why-are-motogp-v4s-faster-than-inline-4s?fbclid=IwAR3paZ2zejEg8VDG3iaWhc13xQM-8mY15FTVEzUTfhBBrPOgY15524KGU1w

#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline blockheadxl650v

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2020, 09:37:30 am »
interesting indeed and also show a change in tyre compound could close the gap between the 2.

Offline blockheadxl650v

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2020, 12:32:01 pm »
I read a report on the net saying the MM93 wont be fully fit for the test coming up on the 7th of Feb due to his shoulder taking longer to heal. This is interesting because Alex being a rookie is still coming to terms with riding a GP bike and will leave Crutchlow to do most of the testing and and most of the feedback on the setup of the bike.
This may be an advantage for him for this year.

Offline Bwana

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2020, 04:11:51 pm »
Yes and apparently has not even been on a bike yet since his op. He could be a slow starter at this championship.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2020, 04:40:17 pm »
Yes and apparently has not even been on a bike yet since his op. He could be a slow starter at this championship.

If he keeps his old form, he only need to start racing in June to still take the title. :thumleft:

Very interesting article about the V4/inline debate.

Offline blockheadxl650v

« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2020, 05:30:25 pm »
That's true.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Offline blockheadxl650v

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2020, 05:17:31 pm »
From moto gp instagram account Yamaha have signed Maverick for 21 and 22. Seasons.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2020, 07:20:43 am »
From moto gp instagram account Yamaha have signed Maverick for 21 and 22. Seasons.

Yes.  Confirmed.  The silly season is starting earlier every year.  Yamaha did not give MV the opportunity to sees if their bike is any better.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2020, 04:29:40 pm »
Confirmed from Yamaha Factory team.  Rossi out, Quartararo in from 2021.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/935612/1/quartararo-replaces-rossi-yamaha-2021

#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2020, 04:37:01 pm »
Confirmed from Yamaha Factory team.  Rossi out, Quartararo in from 2021.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/935612/1/quartararo-replaces-rossi-yamaha-2021

Correct move by the Factory.Seems VR 46 will decide mid - season ( and based on results ) if he will be joining a Sat. team or hang up his premier class boots.

Offline 8 min Mark

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2020, 05:01:00 pm »
So 20 is the new 46

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Makes no difference to me what you ride, as long as you ride!

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2020, 05:03:40 pm »
So 20 is the new 46

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jip  :laughing4:

Offline mox

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Formerly knows as HONDAKAWA11
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2020, 07:52:42 am »
https://www.bikeme.tv/index.php/rossi-quartararo-yamaha-and-petronas-what-the-hell-just-happened/?fbclid=IwAR1sP1DvlAcTJnZuTkdUJUXaxl-aaoN8PL-A2Yt4CS4RFC8_tZ-Ejy9_Slk

ROSSI, QUARTARARO, YAMAHA AND PETRONAS – WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?

What just happened was a powerplay. A typical MotoGP powerplay. And there’s a few things going on here which may not be immediately obvious.

Firstly, this is still all about winning world championships. And to do that, you need to beat Marquez. That’s the elephant in the room. Not Honda. Marquez. Because without Marquez, Honda has nothing. There is no depth to either the factory team or the satellite team. It’s all Marquez. Not his brother, not Crutchlow, and not Nakagami.

The other teams know Marquez’s success in 2020 hinges entirely on his shoulders being up to the task. I understand things are not going as well as they could be after his last operation. One awkward get-off and that’s Honda down the toilet. I’m willing to bet all the teams are banking on this exact thing happening.

Secondly, the conversation between Yamaha and Rossi may well have gone like this:

Yamaha: “OK, Vale, look, we have to fuck Ducati in the arse. Bologna wants Fabulous, and we do not want Bologna to have Fabulous. They are doomed without someone like Fabulous because Dovi and Petrucci will never win a title. Neither will Miller and Bagnaia, but they will probably do better than the other two. What you wanna do?”

Vale: “How about you wheel my bike over to Petronas and put new fairings on it. And we will continue as before. Full factory bike with a different fairing. I don’t know how much longer I want to do this, but I understand how the game is played in terms of the future and riders and contracts and fucking Ducati.”

Yamaha: “We were kinda hoping you’d see it like that. We didn’t want you to lose face.”

Rossi: “I am The Doctor. My face is too big to lose. I could be out there on a Royal Enfield and people will still come to see me. And you’re only signing the kid for a year. A lot can happen in one year.”

Yamaha: “You OK with Maverick staying on for a bit? We don’t want him to go to Ducati or Suzuki.”

Rossi: “Sure. No problem. I prefer to have Morbidelli as a team-mate. He is a good boy. Oh, and tell George to make sure he doesn’t fuck about with the testing too much. He knows what I like.”

Yamaha: “You good with all this Fabulous?”

Fabulous: “I have shit myself with happiness. I don’t care. I just wanna race bikes, play video games, smash Instagram, and maybe get some fine-looking pussy like the Criminal Redding.”

Yamaha: “Good boy. Maverick?”

Maverick: “Is he being paid more than me?”

Of course, I have no idea what really transpired between the players. No-one except the players know.

What this shuffle means for the 2020 season is obvious. Stability and predictability for Yamaha.

What this means in 2021 is anyone’s guess. But there are a lot of races between now and then.

And they’re all going to be fabulo…erm, wonderful.

:imaposer:
Klr 650 , Z800 - My blood is green.

The following users thanked this post: TheBear, blockheadxl650v, Sheepman