Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2020  (Read 57473 times)

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
Re: MotoGP 2020
« Reply #420 on: July 20, 2020, 09:28:00 am »
That race from 16 till podium from MM after his mx stint on the gravel was just epic.  How is it possible for one person to cut through the pack like that.  Only oke he didnt pass was BB and FQ :biggrin:  it was insane.  What a champ.  VR got such a fright he nearly went off the track.. :imaposer:  ou Danie MM sal vir Eddie Lawson laat lyk of hy parking soek... :biggrin:

Our own BB pulled a similar staunt in a race a year or two back, from very far behind he actually won the race.

Valentine Rossi, Joey Dunlop and many oter great champions has on thing in common, minimal crashes.

When MM was storming through the field, I said to my buddy that if he does not crash again, I will be in admiration. But because of his early mistake, he abused his tyres until they spewed him off. :imaposer:

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #421 on: July 20, 2020, 09:34:18 am »
One thing of MM, he is a balls to the wall fellow.  All or nothing.  I dont know if i want to salute or shoot him for that :laughing4:  ill be bold enough to say it.  MM is the best I ever saw in my lifetime.  Every race i enjoy him, but worry when he will go one step too far. Hopefully this crash may settle him down, but i doubt it.  I agree Danie, he will do much better if if only take 1% off.  He could just have settled for a podium yesterday, but no...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 09:36:45 am by KiLRoy »

Offline Dustbiter

« Reply #422 on: July 20, 2020, 10:27:01 am »
Any news on what happened to BB#33?
Laps 1- 6 in P7,
Then suddenly in lap 7 ends up in P18.
Pity nothing was shown on the channel I saw.
Bikeless at present
Previously: 1973 Honda SS50 - Port Elizabeth
                  1979 BMW R65 - East London
                   1996 BMW R1100GS - Grahamstown

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #423 on: July 20, 2020, 10:43:54 am »
Any news on what happened to BB#33?
Laps 1- 6 in P7,
Then suddenly in lap 7 ends up in P18.
Pity nothing was shown on the channel I saw.
Went wide in turn 4 and fell over in the gravel, remounted and pushed
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

The following users thanked this post: Dustbiter

Offline Dustbiter

« Reply #424 on: July 20, 2020, 10:52:16 am »

[/quote]

Thanks @cocky  - pity there was no explanation on the TV channel I was watching, but this explains what happened!
Bikeless at present
Previously: 1973 Honda SS50 - Port Elizabeth
                  1979 BMW R65 - East London
                   1996 BMW R1100GS - Grahamstown

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #425 on: July 20, 2020, 10:57:16 am »

Thanks @cocky  - pity there was no explanation on the TV channel I was watching, but this explains what happened!
[/quote]
There will be a chat with him on the RideFast FB page with Donovan Fourie and Rob Portman, I think they trying for Wednesday round 19:00.
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #426 on: July 20, 2020, 01:26:07 pm »
One thing of MM, he is a balls to the wall fellow.  All or nothing.  I dont know if i want to salute or shoot him for that :laughing4:  ill be bold enough to say it.  MM is the best I ever saw in my lifetime.  Every race i enjoy him, but worry when he will go one step too far. Hopefully this crash may settle him down, but i doubt it.  I agree Danie, he will do much better if if only take 1% off.  He could just have settled for a podium yesterday, but no...

And even if he takes 1% off, he'll still be as quick as hell.

We should send him the Wayne Rainey video, so he can take notice what crashing may bring. And Wayne was a non-crasher.

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #427 on: July 20, 2020, 03:18:54 pm »
After so long waiting.. MM was brilliant. He deserves to be world Champ again but with this shortened year and a DNF with probably a DNF coming up I think his run may be over before he gets any traction.

After the race you could see the riders were buggered, that heat looked insane,

I am super happy for FQ, its fantastic to see the young guns come out and give the factory teams a hard time, Rossi & Vinalez will have some work to do.

What on earth is the story behind Alex Marquez??? they did'nt mention him once in the whole race.. no mention as to why he was so slow ??? there must be something wrong there and its probably tied to the reason why he didnt really get going for Repsol Honda. I'm not sure if he is injured or what the problem could be.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • ChrisL .. aka...Chris Louw
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #428 on: July 20, 2020, 03:30:48 pm »
 MM

Hope his father and manager gave him an ear full. Although entertaining to watch bad move for the team and his sponsers. I'd rather watch him in every race than one brilliant one and then out for the rest of the year or most of.
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #429 on: July 20, 2020, 03:51:11 pm »
MM

Hope his father and manager gave him an ear full. Although entertaining to watch bad move for the team and his sponsers. I'd rather watch him in every race than one brilliant one and then out for the rest of the year or most of.

You don't go from almost last place to the podium without having massive skill, killer instinct, aggression, etc etc

When everyone rides single file lap after lap the keyboard warriors come out complaining that GP is boring.

I would rather watch MM ride like that and crash out than have him sit in the middle of the pack like Rossi and make no moves .. Im sure the sponsors agree as MM dominated the screen time which is what sponsors want as well as winners.

Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

The following users thanked this post: BullSmit

Offline DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • ChrisL .. aka...Chris Louw
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #430 on: July 20, 2020, 04:00:14 pm »
Im sure the sponsors

Would a sponsor not like to see him in every race through the year? Think it would be better for them.
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Dux

« Reply #431 on: July 20, 2020, 04:12:18 pm »
When you race on the edge as MM does it will catch up and no amount of talent will help , as it has now .
Having said that , in general guys that ride like MM tend to win races while the VRís win championships , then MM went and turned that theory on its head .
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389 / 065 967 4661
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #432 on: July 20, 2020, 05:08:48 pm »
No matter what, every fall sits in your bones, and even your mind.

MM is reaching a point where he will start battling crashghosts, like he was in this race.

I think that all the oooohh and aaahhs he's been getting for his truly marvelous saves of own overcooking is going to his head, and he is now hunting the crash-save adolation, rather than a win.

Online BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #433 on: July 20, 2020, 07:38:30 pm »

No matter what, every fall sits in your bones, and even your mind.

MM is reaching a point where he will start battling crashghosts, like he was in this race.

Indeed, his falls are not just sitting in his bones but like any professional sportsperson the injuries and scars are accumalitive and eventially debilitating. Personally I do not think he gives one flying continetal fook about crashghosts - he does not have the time or mentality for such. He is an all or nothing rider who rides alone in the zone, focussed only on the front through the red mist. Whether his broken bones will catch up with him before he has broken all the records remains to be seen.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 10:48:01 am by BiG DoM »
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline Dux

« Reply #434 on: July 20, 2020, 08:06:09 pm »
I donít know Dom , he might have one fall which causes an injury big enough to spook him , it might be now or later for that matter , then again he could also just carry on as he is .
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389 / 065 967 4661
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

Online Sheepman

« Reply #435 on: July 20, 2020, 08:11:46 pm »
Doubt if the combination of sheer aggression, wicked talent and skills and a mighty quick ( difficult to race hard ) Honda alone, will be sufficient tools for MM to step up again in the following weeks.Agree with others that the pounding his body is taking with the heavy crashes will get to him physically and psychologically.Its not dissimilar to a golden boy prize fighter, who is heavily contracted to wipe opponents out and then lets his chin out for a fraction of a second and get KO'd by a beginner opponent......it sits in the memory, no matter who you are  ;) His HRC bosses are surely very pissed with the ou, because there is no stand in for their very expensive seat for coming weekend's race.Only little brother for now  :o   

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #436 on: July 20, 2020, 10:18:15 pm »
Serves Honda right for nepotism

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #437 on: July 20, 2020, 10:19:58 pm »
I hate to say it since I like KTM in motogp - Hondaís second seat will be well served with BB in it. 

Offline billy-joe

« Reply #438 on: July 20, 2020, 10:43:55 pm »
Well, if the race is half as good as it was this last weekend, then i cant wait for this weekend.  BB will have learned a lot from qualifying and the race and I'm hoping for a top 6 for our boy.  He did us proud.  Pity his boet hasnt got his temperament, so much talent they both have and I think a few race teams have seen what BB is capable of.  KTM have done well to keep him but will have their hands full although i feel BB is fairly loyal.  KTM dont like losing which is great for our boy!

Pity about MM. He was killing everyone but couldve got second if he only gave 100% instead of his normal 110%!  He has the ability to play with the rest of the guys, maybe the moment got to him, first race and all.  It's a marvel to watch him pick the bike up with his knee and elbow and then race past everyone like it didnt happen.  Wouldve loved to see him and FQ toward the end cos i think FQ wasnt pushing and was only 2/10ths slower than MM who obviously was.

Cant wait!   :ricky: :ricky:
-There is no road to happiness...Happiness is the road.
-One cannot drink beer all day long if you do not start early in the morning says Welsh!!

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #439 on: July 21, 2020, 07:47:47 am »
Serves Honda right for nepotism

:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!