Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2020  (Read 38047 times)

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • DILLIGAF
Re: MotoGP 2020
« Reply #860 on: August 27, 2020, 08:15:06 am »
Except for KTM though?  We all know they are ready to race....
As always
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline Dux

« Reply #861 on: August 27, 2020, 08:19:26 am »
Except for KTM though?  We all know they are ready to race....
Not only race , but race and win
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389 / 065 967 4661
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

Offline Rooikoos

« Reply #862 on: August 27, 2020, 09:39:15 am »
1st time in the 38 hrs Honda have been In MotoGP that they have gone 5 races with no podium. That a bloody impressive record !!!!

Honda, besides being a highly competitive team, has always had the means to field more bikes than the opposition, making chances for a podium better.

Under the current rules, they can only field four.  2 x factory and 2 x satellite.  It sort of level the playing field.

Don't Ducati have 6 bikes in the field? Factory team, Pramac and Avintia? Although Tito Rabat can't really be counted  :lol8:

The following users thanked this post: KiLRoy

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #863 on: August 27, 2020, 11:10:20 am »
1st time in the 38 hrs Honda have been In MotoGP that they have gone 5 races with no podium. That a bloody impressive record !!!!

Honda, besides being a highly competitive team, has always had the means to field more bikes than the opposition, making chances for a podium better.

Under the current rules, they can only field four.  2 x factory and 2 x satellite.  It sort of level the playing field.

Don't Ducati have 6 bikes in the field? Factory team, Pramac and Avintia? Although Tito Rabat can't really be counted  :lol8:

Bloody hell!  Too many clever okes here!   :lol8:

You are correct.  They do, but until Ducati pulled the trick with Zarco, Avintia was (still is sort off) a completely independent team who bought Ducatis and raced independently from the manufacturer.  They ,may as well have bought Hondas.  My wild guess is that Avintia will, in the near future, become the Suzuki (or if nuts, the Aprilia) satellite team. 
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Rooikoos

« Reply #864 on: August 27, 2020, 11:12:44 am »

You are correct.  They do, but until Ducati pulled the trick with Zarco, Avintia was (still is sort off) a completely independent team who bought Ducatis and raced independently from the manufacturer.  They ,may as well have bought Hondas.  My wild guess is that Avintia will, in the near future, become the Suzuki (or if nuts, the Aprilia) satellite team.

Clever? You mean confused  :imaposer: :imaposer:
Thanks, it makes sense now  :thumleft:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #865 on: August 27, 2020, 11:18:34 am »

Clever? You mean confused  :imaposer: :imaposer:
Thanks, it makes sense now  :thumleft:

Dorna and their rules would have confused Albert Einstein, so we are all in good company.   :lol8:
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Dux

« Reply #866 on: August 27, 2020, 12:38:37 pm »

Everyone thought Tech 3 were nuts to go with KTM  :pot:
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
Unit 6 Viben square

Online Rough Rider

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Hang time
« Reply #867 on: August 27, 2020, 01:07:20 pm »

Ha ha they were nuts, but got lucky.
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline Dux

« Reply #868 on: August 27, 2020, 01:15:47 pm »

I am very impressed with the KTM’s , all 4 in the top 10 points to a user friendly package ,  the Honda is very much a Marquez bike that is unrideable for anyone else , the Yamaha’s seem to be having their fair share of problems , Suzuki are good , Aprilia have their moments
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
Unit 6 Viben square

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #869 on: August 27, 2020, 01:18:22 pm »

Remember Gary Player's saying " the more I practice, the luckier I get " - There are some very talented up and coming youngsters looking to get into the big league, won't demand gazillion dollar salaries and will put everything into opportunities on whatever bike in whichever team  ;) 

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #870 on: August 27, 2020, 01:37:23 pm »

Remember Gary Player's saying " the more I practice, the luckier I get " - There are some very talented up and coming youngsters looking to get into the big league, won't demand gazillion dollar salaries and will put everything into opportunities on whatever bike in whichever team  ;)

KTM is looking after their " youngsters"  well as well.  BB and MO are the first ever riders to go from Rookies Cup, via Moto 3 and Moto 2 to MotoGP in the same team. 

The rider with the biggest smile on his face:  Petrux looking forward to his KTM Tech3 ride next year.
The rider now crying in his manager's beer:  Jorge Martin.  Had a signed, sealed and delivered contract with KTM Tech3 for next year.  There was a small " out"  clause.  He was offered a contract by Pramac Ducati and he used the "out" to cancel with KTM and sign with Pramac.  Silly boy!   
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 03:42:21 pm by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #871 on: August 27, 2020, 01:52:00 pm »

KTM is looking after their " youngsters"  well as well.  BB and MO are the first ever riders to go from Rookies Cup, via Moto 3 and Moto 2 to MotoGP in the same team. 

The rider with the biggest smile on his face:  Petrux looking forward to his KTM Tech3 ride next year.
The rider now crying in his manager's beer:  Jorge Martin.  Had a signed, sealed and delivered contract with KTM Tech3 for next year.  There a small " out"  clause.  He was offered a contract by Pramac Ducati and het used the "out" to cancel with KTM and sign with Pramac.  Silly boy!   

Sure  :thumleft: Danilo would probably be better placed at Tech 3. What's the view on Bagnaia for 2021 -  in the A team with Miller ?

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #872 on: August 27, 2020, 03:50:31 pm »
Ducati is not saying yet, but it seems the riders on their payroll will be:

Jack Miller:  Confirmed Ducati Factory
Jorge Lorenzo:  Ducati Factory (just a rumour, but Ducati boss did not deny and indicated there are possibly discussions)
Pecco Bagnaia: Ducati Factory if not Lorenzo or Zarco, otherwise continue at Pramac.
Jorge Martin:  Confirmed Pramac Ducati
Zarco:  Avintia, maybe Pramac with one of those named for Pramac in Avintia.   

If it was me making the choice I would select:

Ducati Factory:  Jack and Pecco
Pramac:  Jorge and Jorge
Avintia:  Zarco
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 03:52:04 pm by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline I&horse

• You look like a
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • was Andy 950
« Reply #873 on: August 27, 2020, 04:28:04 pm »
I hope Zarco gets the factory Ducati ride, 2 times champ and a real fighter. He really stuffed up his career with the split from KTM, they made huge improvements and he could have been a title contender this year.
Silence is golden...... Duct tape is silver

Everything works with smoke, if the smoke escapes, it stops working.

Offline billy-joe

« Reply #874 on: August 27, 2020, 05:52:23 pm »
Any rumors of where Dovi is heading?
-There is no road to happiness...Happiness is the road.
-One cannot drink beer all day long if you do not start early in the morning says Welsh!!

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #875 on: August 27, 2020, 08:26:02 pm »
Ducati is not saying yet, but it seems the riders on their payroll will be:

Jack Miller:  Confirmed Ducati Factory
Jorge Lorenzo:  Ducati Factory (just a rumour, but Ducati boss did not deny and indicated there are possibly discussions)
Pecco Bagnaia: Ducati Factory if not Lorenzo or Zarco, otherwise continue at Pramac.
Jorge Martin:  Confirmed Pramac Ducati
Zarco:  Avintia, maybe Pramac with one of those named for Pramac in Avintia.   

If it was me making the choice I would select:

Ducati Factory:  Jack and Pecco
Pramac:  Jorge and Jorge
Avintia:  Zarco

Not a bad call at all......good mix of senior and up and coming youngster racers  ;) 

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #876 on: August 27, 2020, 08:29:04 pm »
I hope Zarco gets the factory Ducati ride, 2 times champ and a real fighter. He really stuffed up his career with the split from KTM, they made huge improvements and he could have been a title contender this year.

I am with you on Zarco - the KTM relationship was not good at all BUT he is a very talented, tough racer  :thumleft:

Offline Dux

« Reply #877 on: August 27, 2020, 09:55:55 pm »

KTM perhaps
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
Unit 6 Viben square

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #878 on: August 28, 2020, 08:24:58 am »

KTM perhaps

KTM Tech3 and then they would have to can Iker Lecuona's contract.  Perhaps send him to Moto2 Ajo to take Jorge Martin's place?

I am with you on Zarco - the KTM relationship was not good at all BUT he is a very talented, tough racer  :thumleft:

The only reason why I left Zarco at Avintia instead of the factory team in my pick is because he is there and seem to have adapted really well.  Ducati can leave him there with full factory support.

I get the idea that the relationship between him and KTM did not split that badly.  Him on the KTM didn't work and the split was pretty amicable.  Most of the noise around it was generated by some media houses.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 08:27:52 am by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline I&horse

• You look like a
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • was Andy 950
« Reply #879 on: August 28, 2020, 10:28:59 am »
Not saying Zarco left on bad terms, but his career took a dive because of it and now KTM seems to have gotten things right and it is a much more competitive bike. If he had stayed he could have been a title contender this year.

I have a lot of respect for him quitting because he wasn't delivering, but I think it was the bike not him.
Silence is golden...... Duct tape is silver

Everything works with smoke, if the smoke escapes, it stops working.

The following users thanked this post: TheBear