Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2020  (Read 18019 times)

Offline TheBear

MotoGP 2020
« on: January 08, 2020, 11:23:43 am »
This is the period of the MotoGP season that I enjoy almost as much as the racing itself.  Since there is no testing, nor any racing, the motor sport media needs to come up with something to keep their readers occupied, so the go sniff out the rumours, which they then elaborate on to show its possibility of happening, or not.

One of these they I am enjoying greatly and I am even wondering about the likelihood, is the predicted move by VR46 to the Petronas Yamaha satellite team, vacating his factory seat for young gun, Quartararo.  This juicy story indicates that VR46 already indicated that he would be happy to make this move.  For those who would shout that a move from an entrenched factory seat to a satellite seat is silly, mad even, the answer is ready.  Look at the "facts" they say.  I have no idea how accurate this is, but still makes a good story.

- Rossi and Hamilton ride swap late 2019 and their blossoming friendship and Hamilton drives a Petronas F1.  This is an excellent link between Rossi and Petronas.
- Yamaha and Rossi are huge in Malaysia.  So big that they have, in the past flew Rossi in for the launch of a scooter.  Petronas is a Malaysian company.
- The Petronas team will (so they say) become the Petronas VR46 team in 2021.  Makes sense for VR46 himself to ride there for a year or so, before he becomes the team manager.

JL99 indicated that one of his future options is a test rider contract on the table.  Obviously, his words were not cold yet and the Yamaha Test Rider job is linked to JL99.  Not a bad idea, I think.  Yamaha desperately needs to do European testing with a MGP rider, rather than Japanese only testing with retired Japanese SBK riders.

MotoGP to move to 22 races a year in the near future.  To reduce this time impact, the whole race meeting, with free practises, etc. may take place over 2 days, rather than the current three days.

#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Chili Dog

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
  • Remember. Your unique....like everyone else.
Re: MotoGP 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 11:39:06 am »
Sub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some people are like Slinky's! Good for nothing, but still bring a big smile to you face when you push them down the stairs.

Offline blockheadxl650v

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 11:47:25 am »

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 11:52:21 am »
I read Rossi has gotten engaged :eek7: :eek7: :eek7:

https://www.famousfix.com/topic/valentino-rossi-and-francesca-sofia-novello

Ah!!  It eplains him becoming so slow the last few years.  And Yamaha got all the blame, it should have been Francesca!

Offline blockheadxl650v

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 12:21:10 pm »
Start planning your weekends.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 12:23:10 pm »

Ah!!  It eplains him becoming so slow the last few years.  And Yamaha got all the blame, it should have been Francesca!

:laughing4:

Indeed!  Look what marriage did to Casey Stoner.   :snorting:
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 12:24:07 pm »
Start planning your weekends.

Four GPs in bloody Spain.  You'd think they could channel one to little old South Africa.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline blockheadxl650v

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 12:31:50 pm »
imagine moto gp comes to South Africa and gets stage 6 load shat. :imaposer: :pot:

Offline TheBear

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2020, 12:54:58 pm »
imagine moto gp comes to South Africa and gets stage 6 load shat. :imaposer: :pot:

Those bikes run on petrol man!  Don't be silly now.   :lol8:

Of course, off track can be a fokkie-oppie!  I am reminded when I was a race bike scrutineer.  We were on duty Friday afternoon at Phakisa.  After work we had a lekker braai and a few beers, then slept in the pits as many racers do.  Next morning as we woke up, no electricity.  At that time of the morning, no one cared a hoot about the timing systems, intercoms, etc.  We were all very grumpy without coffee!  I eventually drove into Welkom to buy coffee for the scrutineers.  I could see we were going to hurt people if we had to check sump plugs without having had coffee first!   
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Superboet

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2020, 01:05:49 pm »

I think we are the laughing stock of the world

Offline OomD

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2020, 01:28:10 pm »
Sub! :sip:

Offline TheBear

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2020, 01:41:30 pm »

I think we are the laughing stock of the world

I doubt that.  We are just not that important and from a motorsport perspective, let me remind you:

https://kyalami9hour.com/

It went without a glitch.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 01:52:58 pm by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Choose orange. Choose Stihl.
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2020, 01:43:40 pm »

Ja maar dit is Yamaha se skuld dat Franceska makliker is om te ry as `n M1? :peepwall:
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs

Kaboef:  "Ek dink BMW gooi drank in hul koffie en muffins. Want as jy dronk is, koop jy enige kak."

Offline lpj

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2020, 01:55:24 pm »

Ja maar dit is Yamaha se skuld dat Franceska makliker is om te ry as `n M1? :peepwall:

:spitcoffee: :imaposer:

Offline I&horse

• You look like a
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • was Andy 950
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2020, 02:38:04 pm »
Sub
Silence is golden...... Duct tape is silver

Everything works with smoke, if the smoke escapes, it stops working.

Offline OomD

• #imstayingpositive
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2020, 02:42:27 pm »

Ek weet darem nie... maar ek sal altwee moet ry dan sal ek vir jou terugvoer gee. :ricky:

Offline TheBear

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2020, 02:43:37 pm »

Ek weet darem nie... maar ek sal altwee moet ry dan sal ek vir jou terugvoer gee. :ricky:

Staaaaadig nou oubaas!  Enige iemand wat homself Oom noem, moet maar liewer wye draaie om altwee loop!   >:D
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline OomD

• #imstayingpositive
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2020, 02:54:26 pm »

Staaaaadig nou oubaas!  Enige iemand wat homself Oom noem, moet maar liewer wye draaie om altwee loop!   >:D
Inderdaad, om 'n goeie "view" te kry viir jy opklim   :drif: >:D

Offline TheBear

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2020, 05:09:36 pm »
Latest rumour:

It was reported that a South African with the cryptic name OD51 contacted Lin Jarvis and offered to ride the Yamaha M1 in 2020.  It cannot be proven at this stage, but apparently Jarvis accepted his offer and the factory is working hard to detune the 2020 M1 to have 35kw.   :ricky:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 05:11:47 pm by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Brink

• Bike: Confederate (all models)
  • Knob
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2020, 05:09:36 pm »
 :sip: :ricky: :thumleft:
I know nothing but I can not prove it,,,,,