Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2020  (Read 43135 times)

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
Re: MotoGP 2020
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2020, 07:07:15 pm »
Bought my weekend tickets this morning for Circuit of the Americas in Austin for April.  Turn 15 stand, top rows. Cant bloody wait  :ricky:

Moderators!  How can you allow a post like this on the forum?  SIES!

Is there a "green with envy" emoticon somewhere?  Lucky bugger.  Enjoy every moment.

:lol8:  :peepwall:

Ja, its been a long time coming. Missed it last year due to skoonpa's 70th party. Told them then, I dont care what happens in 2020, I am going to Austin for the MotoGP.

If I had to pick three races that I could attend it would be Austin, Mugello and Assen.  Of course, my only experience is watching on TV, but the Austin track just looks awesome.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Online blockheadxl650v

« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2020, 08:16:45 pm »
I was at Mugello 2007 and Rossi  won. Was on the track under the podium when he threw his helmet into the crowd. Landed a metre  from me and the chaos that ensued was something never to forget. Those Italians are crazy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2020, 09:35:34 pm »
Bought my weekend tickets this morning for Circuit of the Americas in Austin for April.  Turn 15 stand, top rows. Cant bloody wait  :ricky:

That's nothing man, have you ever sat on turn 5 at Killarney when the big names in the Western Cape comes storming through? :snorting:

Offline Gingerball

« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2020, 12:10:15 am »
 :spitcoffee:
Time for an Adventure

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2020, 10:03:59 am »

That's nothing man, have you ever sat on turn 5 at Killarney when the big names in the Western Cape comes storming through? :snorting:

Da Lille, Zille, Steenhuizen?
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2020, 03:50:26 pm »

Da Lille, Zille, Steenhuizen?

Lapping Maimane. :ricky: :ricky:

Offline Clockwork Orange

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2020, 03:51:31 pm »

Just waiting for normal tickets to be released for silverstone. Camp overnight an spend the day at the races. General admission.

Went in 2017 and loved it.

Possibly Rossi swan song, all the more reason to go.

If you want company for the ride up and to have a few dops, Im youre man :ricky:
When in doubt...grab throttle!!!

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • What me worry?
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2020, 04:14:56 pm »

Just waiting for normal tickets to be released for silverstone. Camp overnight an spend the day at the races. General admission.

If you want company for the ride up and to have a few dops, Im youre man :ricky:

Well we should make a plan then. Might camp on the Saturday night and enjoy a day in the sun
Born to lose, live to win!!

Offline Clockwork Orange

« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2020, 06:01:17 pm »

Well we should make a plan then. Might camp on the Saturday night and enjoy a day in the sun

There like a bear...not THE BEAR :imaposer:

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • What me worry?
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2020, 06:06:03 pm »

Bank holiday weekend too so no need to rush on the sunday after racing
Born to lose, live to win!!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2020, 07:47:49 am »

:laughing4: :laughing4:  Darn!  For a moment there I thought you had invited me on a, all costs included, trip ....   :lol8:

Might I suggest, in the most gentlemanly and kind fashion possible, that you lot discussing watching MotoGP live at the various tracks, are arseholes.  May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the fuel filters on your bikes!   :biggrin:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 07:49:00 am by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2020, 09:50:03 am »
While Fabio was fastest at Seang in terms of single lap speed, timing stats show that the two fastest riders over race distance, during race simulations were Maverick and Rins.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Clockwork Orange

« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2020, 07:06:39 pm »

:laughing4: :laughing4:  Darn!  For a moment there I thought you had invited me on a, all costs included, trip ....   :lol8:

Might I suggest, in the most gentlemanly and kind fashion possible, that you lot discussing watching MotoGP live at the various tracks, are arseholes.  May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the fuel filters on your bikes!   :biggrin:

Ha ha :laughing4:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2020, 10:45:25 am »
Holeshot device.

Ducati started using this system, based on off-road racing bikes, to help them get off the mark faster.  They were quickly joined by Aprilia.  Apparently this device lowers the suspension of the bike during the start of the race to help prevent wheelies.  It has been confirmed that Yamaha now also boasts such a device.  According to the rules such a device is legal, if mechanical.  Electronic devices are not allowed.

A very interesting rumour coming from the Sepang testing is that one of two riders are saying they followed Dovi for some laps and they are sure his Ducati dropped its rear suspension during the lap as well, notably on exciting the last corner onto the main straight.  If true, they have managed to find some sort of mechanical device that enable them to drop the rear suspension and release it to normal position, while riding.  It would be interesting to see where this is going.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 10:49:13 am by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

The following users thanked this post: Gingerball

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2020, 02:06:42 pm »
I would certainly hope Moto GP does not go entirely the same way as F1, innovation is good, but a button for the straight, a button for overtaking etc. will to me just take away from the ultimate skill of these riders.
"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2020, 02:21:03 pm »
I would certainly hope Moto GP does not go entirely the same way as F1, innovation is good, but a button for the straight, a button for overtaking etc. will to me just take away from the ultimate skill of these riders.

It is already astounding even at GP2 level the amount of telemetry and "buttons" there are for various tracks, setups, maneuvers etc. - it is already full-up in MotoGP ... one has a big choice of buttons. ::)
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2020, 02:39:07 pm »
I remember watching an insert where Cal Cruthlow had gone off the track, come back on to the track and almost immediately crashed, claims the bike didn't know where it was on the circuit.

https://www.boxrepsol.com/en/motogp-en/how-do-sensors-and-electronics-improve-performance-in-motogp/

Track position sensor
This device is a transponder that detects the machine's position on the circuit. It recognizes up to 25 different sectors, which makes it possible for the bike to know where it is at any given moment. As a result, the teams can programme different adjustments for almost every turn.

So right, things are already very advanced.
"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2020, 03:01:44 pm »
Yes before long we will have bikes running perfect lines all around the track with the rider just there as a passenger. Although not a 2T fan that is what made the 500 2T era special. Good rider could still put a lesser bike on the podium. I always believed Schwantz Suzuki was not as good as the NSR's
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2020, 07:57:32 am »
Imagine a really fast corner, bike cranked over 60 degrees and that systems fails dropping the bike's arse!   :lol8:
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2020, 08:12:25 am »
Remember the time MM and DP had the little incident where Dani's rear traction control sensor was cut, that Honda spat him off very quickly. He sat in the middle of the track having absolutely no idea what just happened.