Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2020  (Read 17968 times)

Offline TheBear

Re: MotoGP 2020
« Reply #200 on: March 12, 2020, 08:21:07 am »
A friend and I went through on Saturday, we were there at 10am and fortunately we were first in line.
We did not move an inch from the doors. :lol8:
Sitting and waiting was SOOOOOO worth it.
Chatting with some others in the line, chatting to the security etc.
Even the security said he's the nicest guy, most humble they've ever worked with.
I also heard at the last meet & greet up in Alberton (?), he stayed 3 hours after the official end time to make sure everyone got their chance.

It was an amazing experience and I am so glad we were there early.
The majority of the people only started rocking up just before 1pm oddly enough.
I reckon by the time we left there was probably around 300 people, by sounds of it, that number grew substantially.

I got my merch, photo and signature, I'm happy.

..........should've gotten more merch though.......

What follows is easy for me to say as I am not the one who waited 4 or more hours, but to me, it is awesome news to see how his supporter base has grown.  He deserves it so much.

I remember his first years in Moto3 when he struggled, suffered and crashed riding average and even bad bikes because that was all that was available.  A very similar story that we currently see with Darryn.  He had no fans.  Well, he had a few.  If we lined up to wait for his signature and a picture, the line would have been all of 5 - 10 minutes long!  He has come such a long, long way.  :thumleft:
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #201 on: March 12, 2020, 11:45:48 am »
The way things are going now, Jorge may be lining up for the first race of the year  :biggrin:.
"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline TheBear

« Reply #202 on: March 12, 2020, 12:22:06 pm »
The way things are going now, Jorge may be lining up for the first race of the year  :biggrin:.

:laughing4:

New conspiracy theory!  Dorna is not only delaying races to help MM93 and Honda recover, but also to have JL99 on the grid of the opening race!  The way they are going BB33 will be 42 by the time he makes his debut!

I have heard from a completely reliable source, which I have never met and only l know him by a false name on social media, so it must be true, that Dorna is considering deciding the 2020 MotoGP championship by games of Paper, Rock Scissors played via video link-up!     :3some: :snorting:

« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 12:22:37 pm by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline teebag

• Bike: Vespa (all models)
« Reply #203 on: March 12, 2020, 12:46:29 pm »
Waiting for a Yamaha, sounds familiar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sputnik080

« Reply #204 on: March 12, 2020, 01:28:22 pm »
A friend and I went through on Saturday, we were there at 10am and fortunately we were first in line.
We did not move an inch from the doors. :lol8:
Sitting and waiting was SOOOOOO worth it.
Chatting with some others in the line, chatting to the security etc.
Even the security said he's the nicest guy, most humble they've ever worked with.
I also heard at the last meet & greet up in Alberton (?), he stayed 3 hours after the official end time to make sure everyone got their chance.

It was an amazing experience and I am so glad we were there early.
The majority of the people only started rocking up just before 1pm oddly enough.
I reckon by the time we left there was probably around 300 people, by sounds of it, that number grew substantially.

I got my merch, photo and signature, I'm happy.

..........should've gotten more merch though.......

What follows is easy for me to say as I am not the one who waited 4 or more hours, but to me, it is awesome news to see how his supporter base has grown.  He deserves it so much.

I remember his first years in Moto3 when he struggled, suffered and crashed riding average and even bad bikes because that was all that was available.  A very similar story that we currently see with Darryn.  He had no fans.  Well, he had a few.  If we lined up to wait for his signature and a picture, the line would have been all of 5 - 10 minutes long!  He has come such a long, long way.  :thumleft:

We waited 4 hours, and would easily wait another 4, just take a camping chair and refreshments with. :lol8:
He really deserves it and much more.

I've only been keeping track of the racing for the last 2 seasons, so still a little "new", but damn, I love it, I love the guys (most of them), and I love that our country is being represented in such a big way by such an awesome guy.

History:
1) 2008 Vuka XT125 (sold)     2) 2013 Motomia Java 170 (sold)     3) 2000 Honda XRV750 Africa Twin (sold)     4) 1994 Honda CBR600 F2 (sold)     5) 2004 Honda XL650V Transalp (sold)     6) 2004 BMW R1200GS (current)

Offline OomD

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #205 on: March 12, 2020, 01:51:57 pm »
The way races are being postponed now they might as well scrap the whole season and race twice at each track next year.  :xxbah:

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #206 on: March 12, 2020, 02:49:32 pm »
I had just convinced a mate of mine to part with 139 Gold Euro Pennies so that he can stream the season, he's mighty happy with me  ;D ;D ;D.
"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline TheBear

« Reply #207 on: March 12, 2020, 04:15:25 pm »
The way races are being postponed now they might as well scrap the whole season and race twice at each track next year.  :xxbah:

Two races per weekend may well be on the cards, but during this season already.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline ZK1

« Reply #208 on: March 12, 2020, 08:00:11 pm »

How would that work? so lets say practice and qualifying in the week, then Race one on Saturday and Race two on Sunday..........it could actually be exciting.......and I wonder how the results will look from day one to day two.....for some reason I think it could be totally different for the two days.
2012 Yamaha XT660z (Sold)
2007 KX250 2T (Sold)
2002 CR250 2T (Sold)
1998 CR125 2T (Sold)
1990 KX125 2T (Sold)

Online BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #209 on: March 12, 2020, 08:08:29 pm »
Double headers would be interesting.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline OomD

• #imstayingpositive
« Reply #210 on: March 13, 2020, 06:26:47 am »
Well, unless they race twice at the same circuit how are they going to move to the next circuit and have the bike setup, etc completed, etc within 24 hours? Not possible, of course. But I also don't see the point of racing twice at a given circuit?

Offline ZK1

« Reply #211 on: March 13, 2020, 08:07:22 am »
Well, unless they race twice at the same circuit how are they going to move to the next circuit and have the bike setup, etc completed, etc within 24 hours? Not possible, of course. But I also don't see the point of racing twice at a given circuit?
If a championship needs "X" amount of races and lets say a lot of the tracks become unavailable, then why not?

WSBK have two races in one day for instance.

And like I mentioned, I think it will be interesting to see. I think it will bring interesting data, for instance if day one and day two look similar, it will show how consistent the teams are for those given days. If the results differ greatly it will show something else, like how good the riders's race craft etc.

I think it could be interesting for sure.
2012 Yamaha XT660z (Sold)
2007 KX250 2T (Sold)
2002 CR250 2T (Sold)
1998 CR125 2T (Sold)
1990 KX125 2T (Sold)

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #212 on: March 13, 2020, 09:07:25 am »

As ZK1 pointed out, WSB has run this highly entertaining formula for decades.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #213 on: March 13, 2020, 09:47:16 am »

How would that work? so lets say practice and qualifying in the week, then Race one on Saturday and Race two on Sunday..........it could actually be exciting.......and I wonder how the results will look from day one to day two.....for some reason I think it could be totally different for the two days.

I reckon it would be very similar, if not exactly the same as WSBK.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline OomD

• #imstayingpositive
« Reply #214 on: March 13, 2020, 10:08:19 am »
I see all your points, and I agree it would be awesome to see. I just cannot imagine what purpose it would serve to race twice at the same track. Unless it is to fulfill some obligations re minimum races for the year. They would also have to do it at every circuit, to keep things fair, no?

Offline TheBear

« Reply #215 on: March 13, 2020, 10:19:18 am »
I see all your points, and I agree it would be awesome to see. I just cannot imagine what purpose it would serve to race twice at the same track. Unless it is to fulfill some obligations re minimum races for the year. They would also have to do it at every circuit, to keep things fair, no?

It will be to fulfill an obligation, i.e to keep to the 13 race per year minimum contract they have with the FIM.  I am guessing. but I think stuff like TV rights will also impact on their decision.

Keeping things fair as far as tracks go will be very difficult.  For instance, Qatar is traditionally good for Yamaha.  That race is lost already.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 10:33:31 am by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #216 on: March 25, 2020, 07:47:02 am »
29 March 2020, Mugello, Italy.  Race on!

VR, MM, FQ, MV and AR will take each other in in this once off MotoGP race!

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/937529/1/rossi-vinales-marquez-set-motogp-virtual-race
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Amsterdam

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
« Reply #217 on: March 25, 2020, 02:25:20 pm »

I have heard from a completely reliable source, which I have never met and only l know him by a false name on social media, so it must be true, that Dorna is considering deciding the 2020 MotoGP championship by games of Paper, Rock Scissors played via video link-up!     :3some: :snorting:

I think this is true as I heard that Honda and Yamaha are protesting Ducati's new automatic PRS system.
KTM 500 XCW, Husqvarna 701, KTM 1190 Adventure

Offline TheBear

« Reply #218 on: March 25, 2020, 07:20:27 pm »

I think this is true as I heard that Honda and Yamaha are protesting Ducati's new automatic PRS system.

:laughing4: :laughing4: :thumleft:
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #219 on: March 29, 2020, 10:52:26 am »
Looks like the the MotoGP eChampionship race will be life on DSTV 201 at 17:00 today.
#33 #BRADICAL!