Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2020  (Read 54568 times)

Offline mox

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Formerly knows as HONDAKAWA11
Re: MotoGP 2020
« Reply #440 on: July 21, 2020, 07:56:59 am »
Although I am not a MM fan he is hugely talented and not a nancy-boy( I never said that  :biggrin:). In 2011 his career almost ended with a massive accident (125 class) that caused a massive eye injury and nerve damage. He worked past that and recovered after 5 months, yes he was younger but I am sure he will get through this.
Klr 650 , Z800 - My blood is green.

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #441 on: July 21, 2020, 08:00:52 am »
Although I am not a MM fan he is hugely talented and not a nancy-boy( I never said that  :biggrin:). In 2011 his career almost ended with a massive accident (125 class) that caused a massive eye injury and nerve damage. He worked past that and recovered after 5 months, yes he was younger but I am sure he will get through this.
He didn't learn then or now, he is pushing to hard to make his point and soon he will be in the same situation as Dani Pedrosa. His body will be able to take any more hits, more over he is the only rider performing on a bike built for him, Honda have created this dilemma and now that he is out their season is shot, no other rider can ride the thing and be competitive, Crutchlow tries, but even he is struggling.
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline mox

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Formerly knows as HONDAKAWA11
« Reply #442 on: July 21, 2020, 08:05:43 am »
Possibly but he is not made of glass like poor Danny, maybe halfway between him and Mick Doohan  :thumleft:

I do agree with you somewhat cocky, for a long time I have said that sooner or later MM's luck will run out and he will begin to pick up injuries. lets see where this takes him  :thumleft:
Klr 650 , Z800 - My blood is green.

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #443 on: July 21, 2020, 08:13:13 am »
If we look further down the top ten field, Pol Espargaro and Oliviera on the RC16's also impressed, as did Bagnaia.What's the feeling on Miller or is it too soon for evaluation for next year's no1 Duc racer ?

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #444 on: July 21, 2020, 08:16:12 am »
If we look further down the top ten field, Pol Espargaro and Oliviera on the RC16's also impressed, as did Bagnaia.What's the feeling on Miller or is it too soon for evaluation for next year's no1 Duc racer ?
Miller has got great talent, he needs to work on his temperament a bit and his race craft.
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #445 on: July 21, 2020, 08:24:55 am »
Miller has got great talent, he needs to work on his temperament a bit and his race craft.

Agree, attitude seems to have been an issue for him as well as a very happy go lucky personality.I read somewhere that Stoner spoke long and hard to him ( on request of Ducati ) to take racing more seriousely. No doubt, he has heaps of talent and potential.

Offline RobD

« Reply #446 on: July 21, 2020, 10:02:05 am »
Now wouldn't it be grand if HRC brought Stoner back to sub for MM..... Alex's bottom lip would be shaking at the prospect of a retiree kicking his arse  :peepwall:

Online DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • ChrisL .. aka...Chris Louw
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #447 on: July 21, 2020, 10:10:58 am »
They must sommer give his bike to Johann Zarco. He is the one guy I feel could have done much better in his career.
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline RobD

« Reply #448 on: July 21, 2020, 10:14:13 am »
They must sommer give his bike to Johann Zarco. He is the one guy I feel could have done much better in his career.

Funny enough, the talk around the paddock is that BB is the one guy who can/would ride HRC bike aggressively enough to get the best out of it...

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #449 on: July 21, 2020, 10:38:42 am »

Funny enough, the talk around the paddock is that BB is the one guy who can/would ride HRC bike aggressively enough to get the best out of it...

My thoughts from last year.  BB on a Honda...  jeez

To reiterate, MM is the best rider by a long shot I saw in my lifetime.  He is just in a different league altogether.  BB in my mind is the nearest in style to him, maybe slightly less raw talent but with a more calculating mind.  Both can lead from the start and set the pace, both can dogfight and be aggressive, both can chase through the pack. 

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • What me worry?
« Reply #450 on: July 21, 2020, 10:43:28 am »
Did you see all the riders get knee down..
Born to lose, live to win!!

Offline RobD

« Reply #451 on: July 21, 2020, 10:50:25 am »
Did you see all the riders get knee down..

:thumleft: :imaposer: :thumleft: :imaposer:

Black Lines Matter!!!!

Offline RobD

« Reply #452 on: July 21, 2020, 10:51:41 am »

To reiterate, MM is the best rider by a long shot I saw in my lifetime.  He is just in a different league altogether.  BB in my mind is the nearest in style to him, maybe slightly less raw talent but with a more calculating mind.  Both can lead from the start and set the pace, both can dogfight and be aggressive, both can chase through the pack.

Ek kannie uitpraat nie Hein maar ...... It was closer than most think....

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #453 on: July 21, 2020, 10:53:03 am »
Doubt if the combination of sheer aggression, wicked talent and skills and a mighty quick ( difficult to race hard ) Honda alone, will be sufficient tools for MM to step up again in the following weeks.Agree with others that the pounding his body is taking with the heavy crashes will get to him physically and psychologically.Its not dissimilar to a golden boy prize fighter, who is heavily contracted to wipe opponents out and then lets his chin out for a fraction of a second and get KO'd by a beginner opponent......it sits in the memory, no matter who you are  ;) His HRC bosses are surely very pissed with the ou, because there is no stand in for their very expensive seat for coming weekend's race.Only little brother for now  :o   

They had their test rider on the plane on Sunday already.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #454 on: July 21, 2020, 11:01:35 am »

Ek kannie uitpraat nie Hein maar ...... It was closer than most think....

Man o man, and I called it. Ask @pielas

BB is a loyal oke to KTM though, which is admirable.  Maybe in 2022?

Online DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #455 on: July 21, 2020, 11:08:55 am »
Would they ask Pedrosa to come back to keep it Spanish, which seems very important to them?
info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • What me worry?
« Reply #456 on: July 21, 2020, 11:11:06 am »
Would they ask Pedrosa to come back to keep it Spanish, which seems very important to them?

He works for KTM now
Born to lose, live to win!!

Online DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #457 on: July 21, 2020, 11:12:33 am »

He works for KTM now
I've read that, but only as what? Test rider?
info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #458 on: July 21, 2020, 11:25:22 am »

He works for KTM now
I've read that, but only as what? Test rider?
Yip, test rider, was offered a race seat by KTM and he said NO THANX
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #459 on: July 21, 2020, 11:28:07 am »
Doubt if the combination of sheer aggression, wicked talent and skills and a mighty quick ( difficult to race hard ) Honda alone, will be sufficient tools for MM to step up again in the following weeks.Agree with others that the pounding his body is taking with the heavy crashes will get to him physically and psychologically.Its not dissimilar to a golden boy prize fighter, who is heavily contracted to wipe opponents out and then lets his chin out for a fraction of a second and get KO'd by a beginner opponent......it sits in the memory, no matter who you are  ;) His HRC bosses are surely very pissed with the ou, because there is no stand in for their very expensive seat for coming weekend's race.Only little brother for now  :o   

They had their test rider on the plane on Sunday already.

Saw that, but he isn't a mover and shaker  ;)