Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2020  (Read 55077 times)

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
Re: MotoGP 2020
« Reply #480 on: July 23, 2020, 10:08:12 am »
Rossiís biggest mistake is not knowing when to quit

Danie, Rossi raced Biaggi, MM raced Rossi. Enough said.  MM is in a class no one else is or was in during the past 30-40 years.

I am a much better racer than Jim Redman, as I will go around Killarney faster than he can, even if he would have lapped me 30 years ago. :imaposer:

MM can only ever claim best racer ever if he raced Rossi is the latter's prime, where MM is now.

GP racing, like everething else, is a revolutionary process. Sheene's lot never leaned off the bike, Roberts had to come along and start that.

Jean-Phillipe "the elbow cometh" Ruggia was one of the first to touch his arm on the tar, now it is almost common-place.

At this point in time, old man Rossi cannot be a match for MM, it would be against the natural laws of racing, but MM is no better than VR was in his prime, relatively speaking.

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #481 on: July 23, 2020, 10:18:00 am »
No better, just faster..

Riding with Biaggis scalp is nothing.  Rossi raced in a docile era.  MM is racing Rossi. If hes to old to compete he should retire.

Offline DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • ChrisL .. aka...Chris Louw
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #482 on: July 23, 2020, 10:35:22 am »
No better, just faster..

Riding with Biaggis scalp is nothing.  Rossi raced in a docile era.  MM is racing Rossi. If hes to old to compete he should retire.
Ek weet nie hoeveel races gaan vanjaar wees, ma sÍ nou Rossi wen?!! ;)
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #483 on: July 23, 2020, 10:43:20 am »
IMO Rossi is going to be like Pedrosa.. he is going to hang around until its clearly evident that he cannot compete anymore.

I would love to see Rossi develop the VR46 race team and compete as a team manager, no doubt he has the talent and experience.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #484 on: July 23, 2020, 10:45:04 am »
IMO Rossi is going to be like Pedrosa.. he is going to hang around until its clearly evident that he cannot compete anymore.

I would love to see Rossi develop the VR46 race team and compete as a team manager, no doubt he has the talent and experience.
The problem is DORNA, they need him for the crowds/ sponsor's and just that bit of niggle to keep the spice going in racing, so it doesn't become a somber affair like F1.
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #485 on: July 23, 2020, 10:46:46 am »

+100 and compete in Rally Cross.
info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Vroom vroom vroom blah blah blah
« Reply #486 on: July 23, 2020, 10:51:16 am »
Rossi is onder geen druk om podiums te vat nie,  en ek dink nie veel mense verwag dit van hom nie.
Hoekom sal Yamaha hom teken vir nog `n jaar of 2 as hy relatief min in die top 10 kom draai? Gaan dinge skielik oormore verander?
Die finansiele wortel word deur Yamaha uitgehou, en 46 gryp graag daarna.
Dit raak pateties as Michelin vir jou se: Hou op moan oor ons tyres, al die ander ouens kom reg hiermee, so miskien is die fout by jou...

xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

Offline Malmoer

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Either i find a way or I will make one!!
« Reply #487 on: July 23, 2020, 11:02:18 am »
Ducati ruined Rossi.

Weird that some riders gel with a Ducatti and others don't at all.
Stoner gelled for sure, pity he stopped too soon. :(

Ja nee sy vrou het geprt. Ek dink sysiekte was net n verskooning :pot:
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit...... WHAT A RIDE"!!!!!!!

2011 F800gs (Current)
2007 G650 x challenge (Crashed!!!)
2008 YZ250wr (Sold)

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #488 on: July 23, 2020, 11:03:15 am »
So if Marques comes back very soon he will be riding without his humerus having healed completely. It takes many weeks for bone to regrow. Unless you're on some wonder drug or something. Anyway, so he'll be depending on the plates and pins to hold things together and in place. All good and well, you get full functionality.

But another fall in his return race is going to be way more catastrophic. Well, another one that involves his humerus, at least.

Darryn said it so well in his interview with Ron and Donovan on the Ridefast show.  "There is a fine line between being a hero and an idiot".  Marques would not be a hero if he raced this weekend.  The risk over reward ratio is just not right.

I agree and my guess is:

- 1 year riding for Petronas.
- The Petronas team them becomes Petronas VR46 team.
- Rossi retired, but more involved in running the 3 VR46 teams.

Something I noticed this past weekend.  There is a small sponsor name on both the Sky VR46 Moto3 and Sky VR46 Moto2 bikes.  They are WithU Energy.  That same sponsor name is on the Petronas MotoGP bike. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 11:08:44 am by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Grey hound
« Reply #489 on: July 23, 2020, 11:09:33 am »
Rossi is onder geen druk om podiums te vat nie,  en ek dink nie veel mense verwag dit van hom nie.
Hoekom sal Yamaha hom teken vir nog `n jaar of 2 as hy relatief min in die top 10 kom draai? Gaan dinge skielik oormore verander?
Dit raak pateties as Michelin vir jou se: Hou op moan oor ons tyres, al die ander ouens kom reg hiermee, so miskien is die fout by jou...

It was the same with Pedrosa and other riders.. Pedrosa was under no pressure to get podiums until MM came along and took the world championship in his rookie season, all of a sudden questions started getting asked.. We are going to see the same pressure now with a 21 year old French rider popping up and killing a factory team by seconds.. the fan base of factory teams is only going to take that hammering for so long before the pressure gets real.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline OomD

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #490 on: July 23, 2020, 03:13:56 pm »
So Marquez cleared to race this weekend again. Wow!

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #491 on: July 23, 2020, 03:17:48 pm »
Yes, alien much.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Grey hound
« Reply #492 on: July 23, 2020, 03:20:04 pm »

I have no words.. his surgeon in Barcelona must be one of the best in the business.

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #493 on: July 23, 2020, 03:23:50 pm »

I have no words.. his surgeon in Barcelona must be one of the best in the business.

Can't mend the ego that demands the racetrack.  :o
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #494 on: July 23, 2020, 04:47:49 pm »

No, his injuries are simply far less serious than originally speculated.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #495 on: July 23, 2020, 04:49:25 pm »
No better, just faster..

Docile era. :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: Stoner did not think so. "I have been racing since the age of four and I have not seen this aggression, bla bla bla.

After Laguna. :imaposer:

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #496 on: July 23, 2020, 04:52:12 pm »

It was the same with Pedrosa and other riders.. Pedrosa was under no pressure to get podiums until MM came along and took the world championship in his rookie season, all of a sudden questions started getting asked.. We are going to see the same pressure now with a 21 year old French rider popping up and killing a factory team by seconds.. the fan base of factory teams is only going to take that hammering for so long before the pressure gets real.

Pedrosa, with no MotoGP titles, and Valentino can never be mentioned in even vague comparison.

Offline DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #497 on: July 23, 2020, 04:54:28 pm »

I think so too.
info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Amsterdam

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #498 on: July 23, 2020, 04:55:48 pm »

But they did require "the latest version titanium plate and screws".  These are Alberto Puig's words, not mine.  I hope MM is not going to regret riding as I look forward to some more of his amazing performances.
KTM 500 XCW, Husqvarna 701, KTM 890 Rally

Offline Amsterdam

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #499 on: July 23, 2020, 04:57:08 pm »
No better, just faster..

Docile era. :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: Stoner did not think so. "I have been racing since the age of four and I have not seen this aggression, bla bla bla.

After Laguna. :imaposer:

Sure, sure.  I hope that when he is 4 his riding buddies did not pull a Rossi Lagauna type move.  That is not right for the playground.
KTM 500 XCW, Husqvarna 701, KTM 890 Rally