Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2020  (Read 55073 times)

Offline billy-joe

Re: MotoGP 2020
« Reply #540 on: July 26, 2020, 11:03:03 am »
He passed everyone except BB and Q?  :biggrin:  Rossi got such a fright he nearly left the track  :imaposer:

He didnt pass MV, he crashed when he was 3rd.

Anyway, lets hope DB can keep it on two wheels this weekend.  10 places gained in his first lap...
-There is no road to happiness...Happiness is the road.
-One cannot drink beer all day long if you do not start early in the morning says Welsh!!

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #541 on: July 26, 2020, 11:05:47 am »
The dive bomber  :imaposer:

Offline billy-joe

« Reply #542 on: July 26, 2020, 12:07:04 pm »
25th to 4th!  Great race DB!
-There is no road to happiness...Happiness is the road.
-One cannot drink beer all day long if you do not start early in the morning says Welsh!!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #543 on: July 26, 2020, 03:21:59 pm »
FP1 done.

Maverick
Rossi
Brad
Morbidelli
Pol Espargaro
Oliviera
Jack
Nakagami
A Espargaro
Dovi

MM93 did not participate.

Not looking very rosy for Honda based on these results

Indeed.  I am reminded of Ducati's Gigi saying that Honda, developing a bike for MM only will be f*cked if MM has to sit out a race or two.  Honda's Puig wet his pants (and that of his family) in anger about this statement.  The day had arrived where the fastest Honda on track is the 2019 spec bike, from the satellite team, in the hands of the #2 rider in said satellite team.  Then again, Puig seems like a bit of a poephol.  He is already saying the value of the championship will be diminished if MM misses too many races.  No Sir, a rather important part of being champion is not crashing and if a great rider crashes, miss races and then not become the champion, that championship is no less valuable than any other. 

Myself and others have also, frequently said that MM should take it a tad easier.  Every crash brings risk.  We then had to listen to various explanations as to why what we said is k@k.  One crash to many clearly shows the risk we were talking about.  I am extremely glad it isn't much worse and I sincerely hope, he has a learnt a lesson.

Great post!!

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #544 on: July 26, 2020, 06:20:40 pm »
Fark, what a massacre- should have just hung in there.

Well done VR.  Shown some balls and great riding lines.

Yamaha reliability??

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #545 on: July 26, 2020, 06:26:43 pm »
Well done DB40!  That was the race we all want to see from you.  Keep that up and sort qualifying and we will see you on the podium regularly.

Ai Brad!  Bad luck dude.  Oh!  Don't go anywhere near Portugal.  It seems the Oliviera fans found you guilty of attempted murder!  :imaposer:

Oom VR!  Where did that come from?  Any truth in the rumour that you and Lin Jarvis finally managed to convince Yamaha to make a few changes to your bikes?

#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

The following users thanked this post: BullSmit

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Vroom vroom vroom blah blah blah
« Reply #546 on: July 26, 2020, 07:39:53 pm »

Yamaha reliability??

Eish! Kan dalk nog `n moeilike seisoen raak vorentoe vir Yamaha...

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/07/26/are-yamaha-in-deep-engine-trouble/335940

« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 07:41:32 pm by Altie7deLaan »
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #547 on: July 26, 2020, 07:56:30 pm »
Nice problem to have, though, trying to get all 4 bikes to finish first, instead of three .....................  ::)

Brad's learning, I hope, that these lot don't take prisoners. They are the most ruthless riders around, which is why they're racing the fast bikes. You need more than skill to hang out here.
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #548 on: July 26, 2020, 08:22:09 pm »

Yamaha reliability??

Eish! Kan dalk nog `n moeilike seisoen raak vorentoe vir Yamaha...

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/07/26/are-yamaha-in-deep-engine-trouble/335940

Yes, they have problems with their engines, so as comfort they took all 3 of today's podiums. I love YAMAHA.

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #549 on: July 27, 2020, 08:27:18 am »
Great racing  :thumleft:Quartararo......and then the rest ! Happy for Maverick and not for Bagnaia.Brad.......rookie error in turn one and vicsious hi - side, pushing too hard ( happy he's ok ).Happy for Rossi's podium and loved his a acknowledgment of the no - supporters cheers ( sarcastic intelligence  8) ).Roll on Chech Republic......but first some SBK this weekend 👏

Offline Amsterdam

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #550 on: July 27, 2020, 11:13:30 am »
I was so looking forward to the MotoGP but that turned into a disappointment rather quickly and unfortunately the comeback failed.  But KTM overall looked very strong up until the race.  This is the first season that I have subscribed to the MotoGP live-streaming and watching the practices was already very exciting seeing BB do so well amongst the established crowd. 

And what about Alex Marquez?  He gets slagged off a lot but he did very well.
KTM 500 XCW, Husqvarna 701, KTM 890 Rally

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #551 on: July 27, 2020, 01:05:35 pm »
Rossi is onder geen druk om podiums te vat nie,  en ek dink nie veel mense verwag dit van hom nie.
Hoekom sal Yamaha hom teken vir nog `n jaar of 2 as hy relatief min in die top 10 kom draai? Gaan dinge skielik oormore verander?
Die finansiele wortel word deur Yamaha uitgehou, en 46 gryp graag daarna.
Dit raak pateties as Michelin vir jou se: Hou op moan oor ons tyres, al die ander ouens kom reg hiermee, so miskien is die fout by jou...

It was the same with Pedrosa and other riders.. Pedrosa was under no pressure to get podiums until MM came along and took the world championship in his rookie season, all of a sudden questions started getting asked.. We are going to see the same pressure now with a 21 year old French rider popping up and killing a factory team by seconds.. the fan base of factory teams is only going to take that hammering for so long before the pressure gets real.

Pedrosa, with no MotoGP titles, and Valentino can never be mentioned in even vague comparison.

Not everything is about titles

You are as good as the last race , if it takes 8 people to fall out of a GP in order for VR to get a podium again then I suppose the record book will show the master found his pace again.. not.

I was impressed by the satellite Ducati team.. some great racing.. 63 degree track temp,  :dousing: that is insane.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 01:09:01 pm by Fuzzy Muzzy »
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #552 on: July 27, 2020, 06:11:56 pm »
Rossi is onder geen druk om podiums te vat nie,  en ek dink nie veel mense verwag dit van hom nie.
Hoekom sal Yamaha hom teken vir nog `n jaar of 2 as hy relatief min in die top 10 kom draai? Gaan dinge skielik oormore verander?
Dit raak pateties as Michelin vir jou se: Hou op moan oor ons tyres, al die ander ouens kom reg hiermee, so miskien is die fout by jou...

It was the same with Pedrosa and other riders.. Pedrosa was under no pressure to get podiums until MM came along and took the world championship in his rookie season, all of a sudden questions started getting asked.. We are going to see the same pressure now with a 21 year old French rider popping up and killing a factory team by seconds.. the fan base of factory teams is only going to take that hammering for so long before the pressure gets real.

Pedrosa, with no MotoGP titles, and Valentino can never be mentioned in even vague comparison.

You are as good as the last race , if it takes 8 people to fall out of a GP in order for VR to get a podium again then I suppose the record book will show the master found his pace again.. not.

I was impressed by the satellite Ducati team.. some great racing.. 63 degree track temp,  :dousing: that is insane.

If you're as good as your last race, then Joey Dunlop is forever a DNF?? :eek7:

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #553 on: July 27, 2020, 07:45:53 pm »

The question should rather be why did the 8 DNF ? Rossi did well, like him, don't like him.

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #554 on: July 27, 2020, 08:12:35 pm »

Maybe you should go look at his qualifying times with those 8 competing  :o
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline Gingerball

« Reply #555 on: July 28, 2020, 05:51:12 am »
Part of winning a race is not falling off your bike and crossing that finish line.
Time for an Adventure

Offline facmp

« Reply #556 on: July 28, 2020, 08:40:52 am »
the sad truth is that Alex Marquez - who has been the slowest on the track for 2 weeks - is way ahead of BB on points. BB needs to chill a bit and ease into this thing...

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #557 on: July 28, 2020, 12:23:38 pm »
the sad truth is that Alex Marquez - who has been the slowest on the track for 2 weeks - is way ahead of BB on points. BB needs to chill a bit and ease into this thing...

Brad will be okay.  Yes, AM73 is currently leading rookie of the year, but it is early days.  We are only 2 races into a definite 13 (possibly 16) race series with BB33 just 9 points behind Alex. 
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #558 on: July 28, 2020, 12:25:41 pm »

These 8 who fell off, they were all ahead of VR46 when they fell off? 

« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 12:47:30 pm by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #559 on: July 28, 2020, 03:30:43 pm »

These 8 who fell off, they were all ahead of VR46 when they fell off? 

ahh its all tongue and cheek, it was just to get Rossi fanboys in a knot. That race was really tough and for anyone his age to finish was an achievement in fitness and stamina.  :peepwall:

I'm just happy to see MotoGP again, my Sunday afternoons have not been the same without it, with MM not racing I was all over how Francesco Bagnaia was riding.and its just a treat to watch the SA flag fly in GP so my family are all big BB fans.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0