Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2020  (Read 54684 times)

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Vroom vroom vroom blah blah blah
Re: MotoGP 2020
« Reply #560 on: July 28, 2020, 07:46:32 pm »
You are as good as the last race , if it takes 8 people to fall out of a GP in order for VR to get a podium again then I suppose the record book will show the master found his pace again.. not.

These 8 who fell off, they were all ahead of VR46 when they fell off? 

ahh its all tongue and cheek, it was just to get Rossi fanboys in a knot. That race was really tough and for anyone his age to finish was an achievement in fitness and stamina.  :peepwall:

I'm just happy to see MotoGP again, my Sunday afternoons have not been the same without it, with MM not racing I was all over how Francesco Bagnaia was riding.and its just a treat to watch the SA flag fly in GP so my family are all big BB fans.

I checked you out a long time ago, you are a troublemaker.
Now, back to the point.
At a certain age you start to benefit from a early Sondag middag slapie, seems to work well for the doctor... :peepwall:
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #561 on: July 28, 2020, 08:01:02 pm »
Johnny Rea is back soon ................................... love watching him kick everyone's ass but he puts me to sleep faster than football.
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #562 on: July 29, 2020, 09:47:23 am »
You are as good as the last race , if it takes 8 people to fall out of a GP in order for VR to get a podium again then I suppose the record book will show the master found his pace again.. not.

ahh its all tongue and cheek, it was just to get Rossi fanboys in a knot. That race was really tough and for anyone his age to finish was an achievement in fitness and stamina.  :peepwall:

I'm just happy to see MotoGP again, my Sunday afternoons have not been the same without it, with MM not racing I was all over how Francesco Bagnaia was riding.and its just a treat to watch the SA flag fly in GP so my family are all big BB fans.

Now, back to the point.
At a certain age you start to benefit from a early Sondag middag slapie, seems to work well for the doctor... :peepwall:

Literally everyone has an opinion on a team or a rider, the rivalry between teams and the competitiveness between them lends to this phenomenon.. some call it banter, some call it troublemaking, I suppose in order to keep the peace and not have any of that we should all wear shirts with every brand on them so everyone feels included and accepted.

Anyway, I was keeping things on subject with my comment about FB, so not sure what the fuss is..

:3some:
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #563 on: July 29, 2020, 09:59:41 am »

What!?  Bloody hell, now I will have to call the hit men off.   :lol8:
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #564 on: July 29, 2020, 10:01:37 am »

Now, back to the point.

Literally everyone has an opinion on a team or a rider, the rivalry between teams and the competitiveness between them lends to this phenomenon.. some call it banter, some call it troublemaking, I suppose in order to keep the peace and not have any of that we should all wear shirts with every brand on them so everyone feels included and accepted.

Anyway, I was keeping things on subject with my comment about FB, so not sure what the fuss is..

The fuss, is the muss .....   ;) ;)
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #565 on: July 29, 2020, 01:03:51 pm »
Posted by MM93 on his Instagram account.  I believe the pins in his arms also spell: "EK IS F*KK*N MAL!"  in Spanish! 

#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Vroom vroom vroom blah blah blah
« Reply #566 on: July 29, 2020, 01:04:50 pm »

Now, back to the point.

:thumleft: My reference to you being a troublemaker was also tongue in cheek.
I am all for a little stir up.
The day we stop laughing at ourselves or each other, will be a sad day indeed.
Super psyched up about a South African thrown into the Motogp whirlpool, and that on a Katoom nogal.

xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #567 on: July 29, 2020, 04:54:44 pm »
Posted by MM93 on his Instagram account.  I believe the pins in his arms also spell: "EK IS F*KK*N MAL!"  in Spanish! 

Ek het al Chihuahua's gesien met frisser gebeente.......

Online BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #568 on: July 29, 2020, 07:09:28 pm »

Ek het al Chihuahua's gesien met frisser gebeente.......

Ek ok, en paar worshondjies nogal. What is with these Spanish stoepkakkerktjies?  :pot:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #569 on: July 29, 2020, 09:19:49 pm »
 :laughing4: :laughing4:

"Spanish stoepkakkertjie".  :imaposer: :ricky:

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #570 on: July 29, 2020, 09:22:21 pm »
That break doesn't make sense - why didn't they fit a nail in the centre? Way more stable than a one-sided plate with a gazillion holes drilled into the bone. Maybe a 2-sided plate would also work - I dunno, I'm only an electrician, but I have my ortho on speed-dial.

The muscle/flesh invasion to get all those screws in must be hurting big time, never mind the bone. Imagine getting stabbed by a knitting needle twenty times through your arm and you go racing a week later. Fuck!!!!

He's not Barry Sheene.....................................................  he should stay at home and take his vitamins and kale.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #571 on: July 29, 2020, 09:24:00 pm »
That break doesn't make sense - why didn't they fit a nail in the centre? Way more stable than a one-sided plate with a gazillion holes drilled into the bone. Maybe a 2-sided plate would also work - I dunno, I'm only an electrician, but I have my ortho on speed-dial.

The muscle/flesh invasion to get all those screws in must be hurting big time, never mind the bone. Imagine getting stabbed by a knitting needle twenty times through your arm and you go racing a week later. Fuck!!!!

He's not Barry Sheene.....................................................  he should stay at home and take his vitamins and kale.

And that's not JJ Cale either...... :imaposer:

Offline OomD

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #572 on: July 30, 2020, 06:31:06 am »
I suspect the is not legit. The bone in the xray has multiple clean breaks. The other pic (MRI?) shows a singular twist-like break.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 07:46:37 am by OomD »

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #573 on: July 30, 2020, 10:09:51 am »

Now, back to the point.

:thumleft: My reference to you being a troublemaker was also tongue in cheek.
I am all for a little stir up.
The day we stop laughing at ourselves or each other, will be a sad day indeed.
Super psyched up about a South African thrown into the Motogp whirlpool, and that on a Katoom nogal.

Fair enough but in GP banter we play the ball not the player.

By the way, those MM supporters may have noticed a very radically different helmet he was wearing in the 1st race. I checked it out and it is a helmet he was wearing which will be auctioned off to raise funds to support CV-19 relief.
It's fantastic to see riders always giving back, I'm sure there are other riders out there doing similar things. If you have any riders you support who have these initiatives feel free to share them.

https://www.marcmarquez93.com/en/marc-marquez-will-wear-a-solidarity-helmet-at-the-jerez-gp/

Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #574 on: July 30, 2020, 10:23:43 am »
I suspect the is not legit. The bone in the xray has multiple clean breaks. The other pic (MRI?) shows a singular twist-like break.

The pic of the x-ray with the pins was posted by MM93 himself on his Instagram account.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 10:27:20 am by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline mox

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Formerly knows as HONDAKAWA11
« Reply #575 on: July 30, 2020, 10:25:08 am »
Most do something or other to try help, itspart of their PR well being:
https://riders.drivemag.com/news/valentino-rossi-donates-to-help-hospitals-fight-coronavirus/

Klr 650 , Z800 - My blood is green.

Offline OomD

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #576 on: July 30, 2020, 10:25:44 am »

The pic of the x-ray with the pins was posted by MM93 himself on his Instagram account.
I stand corrected then! :thumleft:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #577 on: July 30, 2020, 10:29:24 am »
By the way, those MM supporters may have noticed a very radically different helmet he was wearing in the 1st race. I checked it out and it is a helmet he was wearing which will be auctioned off to raise funds to support CV-19 relief.
It's fantastic to see riders always giving back, I'm sure there are other riders out there doing similar things. If you have any riders you support who have these initiatives feel free to share them.

https://www.marcmarquez93.com/en/marc-marquez-will-wear-a-solidarity-helmet-at-the-jerez-gp/

I saw that.  Good initiative.  AlexM did the same. 

« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 10:34:50 am by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline I&horse

• You look like a
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • was Andy 950
« Reply #578 on: July 30, 2020, 10:40:54 am »
I saw that and wondered why he was wearing a pink helmet :biggrin:
Silence is golden...... Duct tape is silver

Everything works with smoke, if the smoke escapes, it stops working.

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #579 on: July 30, 2020, 07:46:16 pm »
Coz he's a fast rider ................... not sure why his brother has one, though.