Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2020  (Read 54639 times)

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
Re: MotoGP 2020
« Reply #760 on: August 17, 2020, 07:18:39 pm »
And the Moto3 race was one of the best I have ever seen......breathtaking !

Yes, awesome!!!

Darryn is awesome.....When he clicks all factors into place he is going to be a serious factor in this paddock!!!

In my mind with DBís aggressive style - is he more suited to bigger bikes. Would do well in Moto2 and perhaps better.

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #761 on: August 17, 2020, 07:29:09 pm »

Yes, awesome!!!

Darryn is awesome.....When he clicks all factors into place he is going to be a serious factor in this paddock!!!

In my mind with DBís aggressive style - is he more suited to bigger bikes. Would do well in Moto2 and perhaps better.

He looks of bigger build than his opposition in Moto3, this is a big penalty.

Online Sheepman

« Reply #762 on: August 17, 2020, 08:31:02 pm »

Yes, awesome!!!

Darryn is just a bit taller, but is quite light  ;) Nothing like a Loris Baz or Davies in size  :thumleft:

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #763 on: August 17, 2020, 08:39:23 pm »

Yes, awesome!!!

Darryn is just a bit taller, but is quite light  ;) Nothing like a Loris Baz or Davies in size  :thumleft:

:thumleft:

Online BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #764 on: August 17, 2020, 10:26:30 pm »
He is well over the combined rider bike weight limit I believe but seems Dorna are reluctant to apply the rule strictly. He definately needs a Moto2 bike - has outgrown that PW properly.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline billy-joe

« Reply #765 on: August 17, 2020, 10:47:51 pm »
Wish these Binder boys could just qualify better!
-There is no road to happiness...Happiness is the road.
-One cannot drink beer all day long if you do not start early in the morning says Welsh!!

Offline OomD

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #766 on: August 18, 2020, 06:13:45 am »
Wish these Binder boys could just qualify better!
Yep, better qualifying leads to less work needed in the race. But at least he's gaining lots of experience in overtaking, strategy, and riding that awesome KTM.

Offline roxenz

• rocks make sense
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • cheerful yesterdays and confident tomorrows
« Reply #767 on: August 18, 2020, 06:51:39 am »
Wow that was close, well done BB

https://youtu.be/JFaqXoD9j8w
In slow mo you can see Rossi react after the first wreck flew over his front, that saved him. 41 but still with lightning reflexes!

I also reacted ... but it was all in the nether regions!  Sjoe, I'm just so happy no-one got killed. That was ugly.

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • T7 dreaminí ....
« Reply #768 on: August 18, 2020, 07:25:22 am »
Wow that was close, well done BB

https://youtu.be/JFaqXoD9j8w
In slow mo you can see Rossi react after the first wreck flew over his front, that saved him. 41 but still with lightning reflexes!

I also reacted ... but it was all in the nether regions!  Sjoe, I'm just so happy no-one got killed. That was ugly.
Yes I reacted so quickly I almost spilled my beer !
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Online Sheepman

« Reply #769 on: August 18, 2020, 07:31:40 am »
He is well over the combined rider bike weight limit I believe but seems Dorna are reluctant to apply the rule strictly. He definately needs a Moto2 bike - has outgrown that PW properly.

What is that combined weight limit ?

Offline ZK1

« Reply #770 on: August 18, 2020, 09:16:50 am »
In one of Darren's interviews he said he weighs 74.5kg with his leathers on, so not light at all.
2012 Yamaha XT660z (Sold)
2007 KX250 2T (Sold)
2002 CR250 2T (Sold)
1998 CR125 2T (Sold)
1990 KX125 2T (Sold)

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #771 on: August 18, 2020, 11:25:38 am »
We also must remember that the TV robs a huge amount of the speed. If you've been lucky enough to spectate at one of these races you will know how frighteningly fast 300kph is when you are right next to the circuit. Imagine how horrific it must have been track side, like for those marshals.

If Rossi was a cat, he has surely used up a few of his 9 lives in that moment.

The Binder brothers are making us proud, and Brad seems to be getting a huge amount of news coverage, which is brilliant for him.

"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

The following users thanked this post: RobC, BullSmit

Offline billy-joe

« Reply #772 on: August 18, 2020, 11:40:23 am »
I wonder just how fast  that bike was still travelling when it went between Rossi and Vinales?  Over 100km/h?
-There is no road to happiness...Happiness is the road.
-One cannot drink beer all day long if you do not start early in the morning says Welsh!!

Online BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #773 on: August 18, 2020, 04:26:19 pm »
We also must remember that the TV robs a huge amount of the speed. If you've been lucky enough to spectate at one of these races you will know how frighteningly fast 300kph is when you are right next to the circuit. Imagine how horrific it must have been track side, like for those marshals.

The Binder brothers are making us proud, and Brad seems to be getting a huge amount of news coverage, which is brilliant for him.

I heard a comment that was made by one of the Italian moto journos - that Rossi was reincarnated at that moment  :3some:  Some also decrying why everyone is on about Rossi when Vinales was infact in more danger and closer to death ... not sure how they are measuring  ???  He did duck and hold his head at 300kph with hand offf the bars!
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline RobD

« Reply #774 on: August 18, 2020, 04:32:45 pm »

I heard a comment that was made by one of the Italian moto journos - that Rossi was reincarnated at that moment  :3some:  Some also decrying why everyone is on about Rossi when Vinales was infact in more danger and closer to death ... not sure how they are measuring  ???  He did duck and hold his head at 300kph with hand offf the bars!

Huh???

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Hang time
« Reply #775 on: August 18, 2020, 04:43:37 pm »

Huh???

He did take both hands off the bars and cover his head while the bike was leaned over but was hardly doing 300kph; 140kph at most on that section of the track.

https://www.facebook.com/BTSportMotoGP/photos/a.1451205654938080/3416194305105862/?type=3&theater
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 04:47:12 pm by Rough Rider »
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline RobD

« Reply #776 on: August 18, 2020, 05:38:59 pm »

Huh???

He did take both hands off the bars and cover his head while the bike was leaned over but was hardly doing 300kph; 140kph at most on that section of the track.

https://www.facebook.com/BTSportMotoGP/photos/a.1451205654938080/3416194305105862/?type=3&theater

Yeah, the same way I had it..... At most.... And I thought it was Vinales...

Online BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #777 on: August 18, 2020, 07:54:51 pm »
Ok a bit a artistic license on the speed but it was Vinales and evidently just as close a shave as Rossi. For what it is worth.

The following users thanked this post: RobD

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #778 on: August 18, 2020, 07:57:17 pm »
Ok a bit a artistic license on the speed but it was Vinales and evidently just as close a shave as Rossi. For what it is worth.

It was an attack on the Yamahas, by MotoGP cruise missiles. :eek7:

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #779 on: August 19, 2020, 08:58:29 am »
I certainly agree with BiG DoM that both Vinales and Rossi were in equal danger of getting severely injured or in fact killed, I think though the reason the press concentrated on Rossi was that he had the "bird's eye view" of the incident. He was visibly shaken when he got back to the pits.

Saw something on the Book Face last night that pointed out that their number's add up to 58, so the author reckoned that Marco Simoncelli was their guardian angel in those moments. A nice thought.
"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"