Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: My 790 with some Updates.  (Read 6608 times)

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Hildebrand & Wolfmuller (all models)
Re: Hard gestoei v stock, maar reggekom.
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2020, 01:39:43 am »
Garmin sensors.

Offline Roadhawg

• Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    • Technilube Oils and Greases
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2020, 08:32:33 am »
I don't understand this "Electronics!!" fear.

A 990 has just as much electronics that can fail and stop the bike running as a 790.    Most of the more advanced stuff on a 790 will not stop the bike running if they fail. You'll get an error message and maybe some flashing lights etc, but the bike will still go.

Check out NERB1's video of "killing an 1190" or something like that on youtube.  He got water into the dash and electronics on an 1190. The speedo died, rev counter, every error possible flashing and going mad on the dash etc, but the bike kept starting and running.

Having your MTC or ABS fail will just mean you don't have ABS or MTC (which apparently some people would love!) It doesn't mean you're stranded.

Sure it may keep running, but you just have so much more to worry about now, including repair cost.

Another very important point is that, once you are used to a ABS bike, it is outright dangerous for a "spoiled" rider to continue without this aid.

So, it's not as simple as just continue ridingwhen your ABS fails, or your TC, or in the case of some idiots, your satnav. >:D

If you're an absolute muppet then yes sure....But then you definitely SHOULD have all the rider aids you can have.  I practice without ABS regulary. Turning it off is a simple push of a button whenever I want. I can also switch it back on whenever I want. Same with TC.  Having said that, I've never once had the ABS intervene offroad on me. I purposely turn it off at the rear so I can slide it but the front is only there for a stupid brain-fade emergency, luckily I haven't had one though.

And the 790 being a big girl.....Well yes, there's always a smaller bike. You should be wanting a Honda Grom then right.....Or are we saying the PW50 is the best adventure bike around?  That's silly.  If you have the skills to do shit on a bigger bike, it comes with a lot of perks on the road and highways getting to trails etc.  Any fool can be uncomfortable.

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2020, 09:00:23 am »
   If you have the skills to do shit on a bigger bike, it comes with a lot of perks on the road and highways getting to trails etc.                   

If you can ride a big bike like the 1290 like a champ on the trails, the moment you get onto a 790, you will qualify for the Dakar  :biggrin: Thats how easy and forgiving the 790 is.

I have never owned a small bike, like a 660 Yammie or 690 KTM, I always went for the biggest and baddest. It never made sense to me, to have a small cc bike. The 790 changed that, I almost feel like I have been robbed all these years from the fun I couldve had if I had on a small cc bike.

The ONLY problem you might have with a smaller bike like the 790, will be if you like to do plenty of km a day. This is not the bike to jump on in JHB and shoot through to Bloem on tar to go see a customer quick.

But commuting between JHB and Pta everyday, you wont find a better bike.

Thsi 790 gets 5 Stars from me, and I cant see myself buying a 1290 soon again  :thumleft:

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Choose orange. Choose Stihl.
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2020, 08:43:41 pm »
Wanneer kry jou 790 `n praatpyp?
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs

Kaboef:  "Ek dink BMW gooi drank in hul koffie en muffins. Want as jy dronk is, koop jy enige kak."

Offline Rooies

« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2020, 08:54:06 pm »
@Manic , jou fiets lyk moerse, baie geluk :thumleft:
Tussen jou en @Noneking  gaan KTM SA erens kommissie moet begin betaal.  Ek gaan ook erens een moet gaan ry in die nabye toekoms. 
Current:     BMW R1150GS
                  Honda XR650L
Previous:   BMW R1200GSA
                  Honda XL700V

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2020, 08:58:53 pm »
Wanneer kry jou 790 `n praatpyp?

Seker volgende week. Het die Rally pyp bestel wat onder die footpeg deurkom. Geen CAT  >:D
Saam dit kom die BRP tripple clamp deng met dampner,en n bashplate ook  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 08:59:50 pm by Manic »

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2020, 09:01:13 pm »
So outjie gekoop.

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2020, 09:01:51 pm »
@Manic , jou fiets lyk moerse, baie geluk :thumleft:
Tussen jou en @Noneking  gaan KTM SA erens kommissie moet begin betaal.  Ek gaan ook erens een moet gaan ry in die nabye toekoms.

Dankie tjomma  :biggrin:

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Choose orange. Choose Stihl.
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2020, 09:24:44 pm »
So outjie gekoop.

Lyk mooi.
Cat kom uit, moet jy ECU flash?
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs

Kaboef:  "Ek dink BMW gooi drank in hul koffie en muffins. Want as jy dronk is, koop jy enige kak."

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2020, 09:51:50 pm »

Offline 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2020, 09:57:33 pm »
I don't understand this "Electronics!!" fear.

A 990 has just as much electronics that can fail and stop the bike running as a 790.    Most of the more advanced stuff on a 790 will not stop the bike running if they fail. You'll get an error message and maybe some flashing lights etc, but the bike will still go.

Check out NERB1's video of "killing an 1190" or something like that on youtube.  He got water into the dash and electronics on an 1190. The speedo died, rev counter, every error possible flashing and going mad on the dash etc, but the bike kept starting and running.

Having your MTC or ABS fail will just mean you don't have ABS or MTC (which apparently some people would love!) It doesn't mean you're stranded.

Sure it may keep running, but you just have so much more to worry about now, including repair cost.

Another very important point is that, once you are used to a ABS bike, it is outright dangerous for a "spoiled" rider to continue without this aid.

So, it's not as simple as just continue ridingwhen your ABS fails, or your TC, or in the case of some idiots, your satnav. >:D

If you're an absolute muppet then yes sure....But then you definitely SHOULD have all the rider aids you can have.  I practice without ABS regulary. Turning it off is a simple push of a button whenever I want. I can also switch it back on whenever I want. Same with TC.  Having said that, I've never once had the ABS intervene offroad on me. I purposely turn it off at the rear so I can slide it but the front is only there for a stupid brain-fade emergency, luckily I haven't had one though.

And the 790 being a big girl.....Well yes, there's always a smaller bike. You should be wanting a Honda Grom then right.....Or are we saying the PW50 is the best adventure bike around?  That's silly.  If you have the skills to do shit on a bigger bike, it comes with a lot of perks on the road and highways getting to trails etc.  Any fool can be uncomfortable.

Just one question; Why can you disable ABS for dirt, if it is so good? Asking for a friend.

No bigger fool than he who is uncomfortable in technical stuff because he wants to be comfortable on the road.

Offline Roadhawg

• Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    • Technilube Oils and Greases
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2020, 12:13:44 am »
So outjie gekoop.
Can you add another one?  :biggrin:

Online Vis Arend

• It's not how fast you start, it's how long you endure.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XR650L
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2020, 06:08:00 am »
Ek het nooit van die 790 se shape en lyne gehou nie, maar joune lyk net anders.   :deal: 
Ek kyk nou met anner oe na hulle. 
Baie mooi Manic, net soos jy hulle kan "pimp", jou bike lyk moer mooi, sou graag in lewende lywe wou sien.   :thumleft: :thumleft:   
No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the the couch
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L..

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2020, 08:34:55 am »
Ek het nooit van die 790 se shape en lyne gehou nie, maar joune lyk net anders.   :deal: 
Ek kyk nou met anner oe na hulle. 
Baie mooi Manic, net soos jy hulle kan "pimp", jou bike lyk moer mooi, sou graag in lewende lywe wou sien.   :thumleft: :thumleft:   

Dankie man  :thumleft:

Eerste keer wat ek die 790 gaan kyk het, ook self gese, oh nee vrek, die deng is kak lelik. Maar hy het begin groei op my. Hoe meer ek gekyk het, hoe beter het hy begin lyk  :biggrin: ;D

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2020, 08:36:56 am »
So outjie gekoop.
Can you add another one?  :biggrin:

Dont you start now  :imaposer:

I had a look already, on the left side is the same frame brackets/fastening point etc for another silencer  :drif:

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2020, 01:54:30 pm »
 :ricky:

Offline Rouxman

« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2020, 02:26:47 pm »
Sjoe daai fiets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actions express priorities - Gandhi

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2020, 08:20:38 pm »
Old vs new  :ricky:

Online Vis Arend

• It's not how fast you start, it's how long you endure.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XR650L
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2020, 08:32:58 pm »
Laaik daai nuuf tekkies.   :thumleft:

Verduidelik bietjie daai pad waar jy so lekker in die modder gespeel het.  Ek en my skelpie is volgende week in daai omgewing en soek sulke tipe paaie.   :biggrin:
No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the the couch
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L..

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2020, 08:19:21 pm »
-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 11:55:37 pm by Manic »