So today I had to ride my bike 30km with no throttle cable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeltonsc

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLE 500
So today I was on the highway when suddenly my throttle goes pap, and no power :eek:

ok so I pull off to the side of the road already knowing that the cable has snapped.

So now the thought crosses my mind how the hell am I gonna get the bike home now, first thought was choke but the bike is hot now so that just stalls it instead of raising the RPM to anything usable

I knew I could make a plan and swop the push pull cables and get some sort of throttle even though they are not the same but can be made to work in a pinch.

But heres the kicker I have not got any tools with me. :dousing: :dousing: :dousing: :dousing:

so I check below the carbs and find the idle screw and turn it up to around 4000rpm and turn the bike around and ride the 30km to the bike shop

when I finally got there they lent me some tools and I removed the broken cable but they never had a replacement that would fit. however they certainly helped in the fact that I could now swop the cables over and get the bike operational.

so I will be packing some tools on the bike again.

Also a big thank you to the lady at the bike shop not only are you HOT :pot: :pot: :pot: :pot: but very helpfull  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: and seeing the KTM'S outside I really thought I was gonna pay a KTM price to borrow a few tools >:D >:D 

I then took a ride out to Graham DocKLR and got a replacement cable, will fit it tomorrow  :deal:

I'm not gonna name places because she is married and my misses will string me up.