Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Shaun Dickens - Bike Sellers Beware  (Read 36761 times)

Offline Die Malletjie

• Vendor
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Behind every bearded man stands a tattooed girl!
Shaun Dickens - Bike Sellers Beware
« on: January 13, 2020, 10:19:27 pm »
I am not in the habit of naming and shaming but in this case I have no choice! It is in the interest of the general public.

Early July 2019 I gave my BMW R1200GSA to a second hand motorcycle dealer in Durbanville as he assured me he had a few possible buyers for my bike. Living in Willowmore itís difficult to get guys to come and have a look at the bike, so why not.

Nothing came of the possible's and he and I advertised and he gave me regular feedback on how difficult it was to sell my bike, high mileage, wrong colour and being a base model.

Left for Belgium 28 July and got back 27 August and still no sale but when we met up he tells me he is considering buying the bike for himself as it is such a nice bike! This however never materialised and many phone calls later I am assured my bike is difficult to sell.

Sunday 10 November I have a discussion with him as to what is happening with the bike and he had an offer of R10000 less than what I ask! I say no and decide I will advertise myself again. I do so and the next day I have two prospects but at 22h00 I get a call from a person telling me I canít sell that bike as it has been registered in her name since October 13!

Next morning I call the sales guy and say I have a buyer and he has not to worry anymore, needless to say it gets quite, when he speaks he says he has sold the bike as well, the guys is picking it up in the morning and paying cash the price I ask. Then I spill the beans and obviously he denies, but I sent him the registration papers I by then had received from the lady.

Thatís not the end of it, the lady did not buy it from my guy but someone else. Eventually we traced the paper trail and my sales guy had given the bike to another sales person he owed money to under the pretext he bought the bike from us and paid in full. That sales document we have as well, dated 27 August, note thatís the day I came back from Belgium.

Somewhere in August he put some money in my account to pacify me but 13 November after he was caught out he paid R50000 instantly. Now in December I got the remainder of what he owed me!

Now, he got the bike early in July, gave it away end August to pay debt and held on to my money till he was caught out mid November and only paid the rest in December. This after bull and bull and bull.

Now who is this guy? Shaun Dickens (Ex Hamman motorrad, ex GS Traders) working from RCR motorcycles Durban road, Bellville. I was warned against him but against my better judgement, I ignored! Just donít ignore my warning! Stay far away from him, wherever he works or whatever transaction he may propose!

You been warned!
I am doing it today, maybe there is no tomorrow

The following users thanked this post: Pannas, BLK

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
Re: Name and shame
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 10:23:56 pm »
Seems like a dickens.

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 10:29:24 pm »
YOH  :peepwall:

Offline Bring It On

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Shaun
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 06:31:00 am »
That is really not cool at all.  >:(
"Always Believe In Yourself"

Quote: "Riding a Bike feeds something inside us, that Nothing else can"
Quote: "I Ride because it can turn the Worst Day into the BEST"

Offline dual

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 06:41:52 am »
Ek het gister met die ou gepraat, dis juis die BMW waarvan ek weggestap het
Ou skelm klink dit my
Nou is ek eers bly ek het weggestap

Offline Bring It On

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Shaun
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 06:53:50 am »
Ou skelm klink dit my
Baie bly om te hoor het weg gestap van daai Bike.

Klink rerig die ou is 'n groot skelm.

Sent from my BV9500 using Tapatalk

"Always Believe In Yourself"

Quote: "Riding a Bike feeds something inside us, that Nothing else can"
Quote: "I Ride because it can turn the Worst Day into the BEST"

The following users thanked this post: dual

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Tea 7 for the masses!
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 07:18:33 am »
Stuk saad van die wildehond.... :-\
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

Kaboef:  "Ek dink BMW gooi drank in hul koffie en muffins. Want as jy dronk is, koop jy enige kak."

Offline Rouxman

Name and shame
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 07:25:33 am »
Ek vermoed die gaan ń kannetjie wurms oop maak...
My ondervinding is dat in sulke gevalle is daar nooit net een so ń gebeurtenis nie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 08:12:30 am by Rouxman »
Actions express priorities - Gandhi

Offline Casting from Turd

• Read my avatar and act accordingly
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #DTCBM
    • addobackpackers.com
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 07:40:28 am »
We have them in PE as well  :lamer:
I dont want to ride fast, But I want to ride FAR
Past Bikes...Honda XR250 Tornado
Honda XR650L
Honda XL1000V Varadero
http://www.addobackpackers.com

Offline Sputnik080

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 08:13:40 am »
This is not the first time I've heard of very dodgy dealings/service from RCR.

Last I heard it's a new owner, I assume Shaun, but I also heard the previous owner also did dodgy dealings and apparently spent time in prison for fraud.

Seems to me that place is a magnet for bad business, yet there's always nice bikes on the floor.
History:
1) 2008 Vuka XT125 (sold)     2) 2013 Motomia Java 170 (sold)     3) 2000 Honda XRV750 Africa Twin (sold)     4) 1994 Honda CBR600 F2 (sold)     5) 2004 Honda XL650V Transalp (sold)     6) 2004 BMW R1200GS (current)

Offline Sputnik080

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2020, 10:02:06 am »
Mr. Dickens just posted this on FB (Proudly Meerkat):

"Good day guys there was a post placed from Jumper's place Willowmore about me selling his bike and keeping the money. There is always 2 sides of a story . Yes I did send the bike to another sales guy because he had a client interested in the bike and because its a 2010 base bike with 115000km on I thought it would be great to get it sold and I did not owe the other sales guy money that is false. What he does not state in his story is , I gave them R15000 long before the bike was sold and was still on the floor because I new they where financially in trouble and also when he came into the shop after I have paid him all his money I still gave him a set of off road goggles for free. I did not take a sent commission on the bike it was sold for R75000 and that is what they wanted for the bike and this is also not the 1st bike I have sold for them and him being warned about me also is bull further more when Ronnie had a training event I gave him one of my bikes to use with out asking him a sent . I am not gonna go into a long discussion about this on face book , Ronnie had a bike with high km and I did my best to sell it for him and gave him all his money and that is the end off it"
History:
1) 2008 Vuka XT125 (sold)     2) 2013 Motomia Java 170 (sold)     3) 2000 Honda XRV750 Africa Twin (sold)     4) 1994 Honda CBR600 F2 (sold)     5) 2004 Honda XL650V Transalp (sold)     6) 2004 BMW R1200GS (current)

Offline Edgar

• Local Mods
  • Bike: KTM 1050 Adventure
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2020, 10:16:20 am »
Ou skelm klink dit my

Hou eerder jou 660Z, jy gaan spyt wees as jy hom verkoop/trade op 'n 1200GS

Offline dual

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2020, 10:24:10 am »
Ou skelm klink dit my

Hou eerder jou 660Z, jy gaan spyt wees as jy hom verkoop/trade op 'n 1200GS

Lus vir 1200, maar die belangstelling is maar traag op die XT, sal hom hou en gebruik tot hy gaan
Ek het al foute in die verlede gemaak, dis maar wie ek is  :peepwall:

Offline Edgar

• Local Mods
  • Bike: KTM 1050 Adventure
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2020, 10:45:10 am »
Ja toemaar ek verstaan  :imaposer:

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2020, 11:21:48 am »

Somewhere in August he put some money in my account to pacify me

And when did you notice this?
Ja/Nee

Offline Tyre kicker

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2020, 11:39:07 am »

Somewhere in August he put some money in my account to pacify me

And when did you notice this?

Why would you be asking a question like this!!! ::)
It's not the years in your life that count,its the LIFE in your years that count.

Online Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2020, 11:42:36 am »
Its the 1st time I hear of someone posting their bike for sale on Gumtree and someone else who bought the bike sees the advert and contacts the seller to say that have already bought the bike.  :ricky:

Must have been a bit of a shock  :o

Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Superboet

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2020, 11:44:41 am »
 :pot:
Ek vermoed die gaan ń kannetjie wurms oop maak...
My ondervinding is dat in sulke gevalle is daar nooit net een so ń gebeurtenis nie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online OomD

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2020, 12:01:00 pm »
Waar dit stink... is 'n drol gewoonlik in die omgewing.

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2020, 12:02:39 pm »
Mr. Dickens just posted this on FB (Proudly Meerkat):

"Good day guys there was a post placed from Jumper's place Willowmore about me selling his bike and keeping the money. There is always 2 sides of a story . Yes I did send the bike to another sales guy because he had a client interested in the bike and because its a 2010 base bike with 115000km on I thought it would be great to get it sold and I did not owe the other sales guy money that is false. What he does not state in his story is , I gave them R15000 long before the bike was sold and was still on the floor because I new they where financially in trouble and also when he came into the shop after I have paid him all his money I still gave him a set of off road goggles for free. I did not take a sent commission on the bike it was sold for R75000 and that is what they wanted for the bike and this is also not the 1st bike I have sold for them and him being warned about me also is bull further more when Ronnie had a training event I gave him one of my bikes to use with out asking him a sent . I am not gonna go into a long discussion about this on face book , Ronnie had a bike with high km and I did my best to sell it for him and gave him all his money and that is the end off it"

Hy praat anyway kak. Watter salesman sal jou geld betaal nog voordat hy die bike "verkoop" het.

Onthou, die kitaar gaan nou enige ding vertel to safe his face.