Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 690 Not Starting  (Read 1183 times)

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
Re: 690 Not Starting
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2020, 07:15:45 pm »
My money would still be on fuel filters/pump or injector  :o
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline adamktm

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2020, 07:00:40 pm »
My money is on the same. Fuel pump first in line. 2010 with 30k on the clock
2018 KTM 250 6 Days TPI
2011 690 Enduro

When I bleed, I bleed orange!

Offline adamktm

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2020, 09:00:19 am »
The problem was a dirty injector
2018 KTM 250 6 Days TPI
2011 690 Enduro

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2020, 09:27:28 am »
The problem was a dirty injector

There you go! Happy it is sorted.  :thumleft:

PS: fit an external inline filter like this or similar
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline geopat

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2020, 11:22:30 am »
spray pattern may look fine to your eye but thats not to say it is fine try to attach the injector backwards and give it a few turns then re install and try again worked for me after I also thought mine was fine

Called it hahaha I had the same shit was stuck in Kamnajab for a week

The following users thanked this post: adamktm

Offline adamktm

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2020, 04:17:44 pm »
Where can I buy a Golan here in SA Big Dom?
2018 KTM 250 6 Days TPI
2011 690 Enduro

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2020, 04:53:36 pm »
Where can I buy a Golan here in SA Big Dom?

I ordered mine in off eBay but Wessel from LoCoMoTo is looking into it as we speak.  :thumleft:

Offline geopat

• Race Dog
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2020, 04:59:42 pm »
Strangely enough my issue happened on the first trip after I fitted a Golan, I have since taken it out and use the stock but I check it regularly and carry a spare. You can have mine for free if you like

The following users thanked this post: adamktm

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2020, 07:19:19 pm »
Strangely enough my issue happened on the first trip after I fitted a Golan, I have since taken it out and use the stock but I check it regularly and carry a spare. You can have mine for free if you like

What was your issue? I doubt it have anything to do with the Golan filter. Did you remove the in-tank filter? When you say use the stock is it the stock in tank or the stock filter in the QD? Many have done this mod on 701's with success and Slavens Racing, Rally Raid, Zipty and many others sell the Golan - in fact it is sold with an integrated QD fitting so it is plug and play.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 07:21:43 pm by BiG DoM »

Offline adamktm

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2020, 07:34:39 pm »

Thanks mate, have sent you a PM
2018 KTM 250 6 Days TPI
2011 690 Enduro

Offline adamktm

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2020, 07:36:02 pm »

What was your issue? I doubt it have anything to do with the Golan filter. Did you remove the in-tank filter? When you say use the stock is it the stock in tank or the stock filter in the QD? Many have done this mod on 701's with success and Slavens Racing, Rally Raid, Zipty and many others sell the Golan - in fact it is sold with an integrated QD fitting so it is plug and play.

What is a QD? 😂
2018 KTM 250 6 Days TPI
2011 690 Enduro

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2020, 08:31:47 pm »

What is a QD? 😂

Quick Disconnect (fuel line fitting)

Offline geopat

• Race Dog
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2020, 11:23:31 pm »

I did 50 000km no my bike with no fueling issues I fitted a golan filter from rally raid and got stuck with a partially blocked injector 4000 km into a cape town-kaokoland trip mine was installed next to the airbox (I removed the QD from the tank and used the hose clamps as my filter had no QD and I removed the OEM filter)  There are always lots of variables in these situations but for me just looking at the filter I cant see it being as efficient as the OEM, the surface area is greatly reduced and the action of cleaning the filter creates a massive opportunity for shit to get into your lines,  for me personally I prefer to use stock  and be conscious that its a maintenance item and if I was going to make it more bullet proof I would fit a T piece in the tank  and run 2 OEM filters  in parallel, if your hose clamps are bullet proof I cant see a better option than this 

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2020, 07:15:47 am »
And every time you want to service the filter if it has not already blocked unseen and shagged your pump by overworking it you have to lift the tank - no thanks. The Golan 5 of filtering area combined with Gulgla filler filters works for me. But ja each to their own.