Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Adventure Bike Destination Oppotunity Southern Cape  (Read 2662 times)

Offline BuRP

Re: Adventure Bike Destination Oppotunity Southern Cape
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2020, 12:27:45 pm »
We should maybe do a pilot run with a few guys keen on the idea.

I'm keen also, will come through for such!
Pls tell me/us
- to bring the 500 or 790 ?
- date(s) ?
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020, KTM 890 Adv R Rally 2021

Offline Heimer

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kan nie ALZ onthou nie
    • Social Travel Digital solutions
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2020, 12:37:29 pm »
@Dual

Matriek getuigskrif 1979: ........... is 'n vriendelike seun met volop selfvertroue. Hy tree soms vreemd op. Die skool se beste wense vergesel hom.

Offline Weedkiller - Adie

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2020, 10:11:30 pm »
Ek soek juis ryplek daai kant van die berg.  Kan dan ook bietjie die anderkant van my 'Travel videos' weer begin.

Keep me posted please.

Adie
Laat ons Stof maak.

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2020, 01:52:22 pm »
any more news on this?
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Rossdog

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2020, 02:24:25 pm »
To be honest, I've been so wrapped up in other projects, I haven't given this much thought. I think the best way forward is to pick a date and just wing it. Maybe a smallish group should come out as guinea pigs. If it's a one-nighter, I could probably arrange camping free of charge, but if chalets need to be thrown in, I doubt I could organise freebies.

I'm reluctant to formally start something, and its completely unsuited. Just pick a date, and I'll make it work.
'69 Model.

Offline XT JOE

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2020, 03:04:57 pm »
Can  we pick a date - either the second or third weekend in march and put something together for cousin Coxswain leaving our shores going back to Scotland early in April- see plan a ride Coxswain ride. Rossdog can set us up with some nice places -some with chalets and or camping.- Just looking to do a easy outride leaving saturday am from somerset on some of our fantastic back roads through to the southern cape, nice braai with Brians famous braai broodjies added in - some speeches promised etc and then on sunday twiddle our way back home
When life gets to hard to stand. kneel

Offline Ri

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2020, 08:25:16 pm »
I vote for 3rd weekend 21/22 March :thumleft:

Offline Vis Arend

• It's not how fast you start, it's how long you endure.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2020, 08:44:50 pm »
 :sip: :sip:
No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the the couch
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L - Sold,   Honda CRF250Rally back in the stable,   BMW K1200LT.

Offline Mayhem

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Do it in the dirt
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2020, 11:12:39 am »
I vote for 3rd weekend 21/22 March :thumleft:
What she said

Sent from my NEO-L29 using Tapatalk

BMW 1150 Adventure (gone)
BMW HP 2 (gone)
Ducati 500 Pantah (gone)
1200 LC Trophy Edition (gone)
BMW R 1200 Rallye, Husqvarna 701 Enduro

Offline Rossdog

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2020, 08:36:40 am »
OK, there are 2 options. The first is proper camping up near the vlei, Its in an area with lots of game, including hippo and buffalo. The area I though suitable for camping has running water (toilets and basins, but no showers). You will be required to bring your own tents and camping equipment. There are braai facilities. It will be very affordable - still need to confirms rate.

The second option would be to book Haze Vlakte. Its very close to option one, but closer to the tar road, and less "wild". It has 3 chalets, which if booked, camping for the rest of the pack is free. This venue has showers, under cover parking braai areas and full ablutions. For those feeling adventurous, I can take you on a spin through the game area. Google "Haze Vlakte Guest House" for details.

'69 Model.

Offline Ri

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2020, 10:33:02 am »
OK, there are 2 options. The first is proper camping up near the vlei, Its in an area with lots of game, including hippo and buffalo. The area I though suitable for camping has running water (toilets and basins, but no showers). You will be required to bring your own tents and camping equipment. There are braai facilities. It will be very affordable - still need to confirms rate.

The second option would be to book Haze Vlakte. Its very close to option one, but closer to the tar road, and less "wild". It has 3 chalets, which if booked, camping for the rest of the pack is free. This venue has showers, under cover parking braai areas and full ablutions. For those feeling adventurous, I can take you on a spin through the game area. Google "Haze Vlakte Guest House" for details.

:ricky:

Can  we pick a date - either the second or third weekend in march and put something together for cousin Coxswain leaving our shores going back to Scotland early in April- see plan a ride Coxswain ride. Rossdog can set us up with some nice places -some with chalets and or camping.- Just looking to do a easy outride leaving saturday am from somerset on some of our fantastic back roads through to the southern cape, nice braai with Brians famous braai broodjies added in - some speeches promised etc and then on sunday twiddle our way back home

I don't know who's going to pillion @Coxwain :imaposer: Alternatively, if he's willing to go small and old school he can borrow a DR650. It even has a topbox.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 10:34:31 am by Ri »

Offline MellowJo

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Melkbos
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2020, 11:43:09 am »
Thanks for this Rossdog  .....   :thumleft:

If we do this on 14/15 Coxwain can borrow an 1150 from me ..... 

Unfortunately already have plans for 21/22
Don't worry, be happy ! Don't take yourself so seriously !!
2 x FS1, 200Roadmaster, 400Hawk, XL500R, XS750, XR500R, 600TT, CX500, 1150GS, R1100RS, R1100GS, R1200S, R1200RT, 1150GS (2), K100, R1100S & 35 Cages !!

Offline Rossdog

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2020, 11:50:44 am »
Cool. Whatever you guys decide, please let me know a week in advance.  :thumleft:
'69 Model.

Offline Rossdog

« Reply #53 on: Today at 01:04:53 pm »
OK, lockdown and all the nonsense that accompanied it cased this plan to shut down. The dates of the planned recce rides fell right in the middle of the hard lockdown. Any interest in me getting it started again?
'69 Model.

Offline Rossdog

« Reply #54 on: Today at 01:05:11 pm »
Hi Dawgs

I'm involved a big conservation initiative in the Southern Cape, on the Agulhas Plain. We are a 45 000ha special management area situated in the triangle formed by Bredasdorp, Elim and Struisbaai/Agulhas. Our southerly neighbour is the Agulhas National Park. Check us out on www.nuewejaars.com.

Those of you who know this area will know that we have an abundance of decent gravel roads, and there is plenty to see and do in the area, including game drives, the Southernmost Tip of Africa, the pubs and restaurants of Struisbaai and L'Agulhas, the pont over the Breede River, etc.

We have a disused facility that would serve well as a rough and tough adventure destination. It is a fenced off area safe from hippos and buffalo, overlooking a beautiful natural vlei, hosting lots of wildlife and birds. To get there will be an adventure in itself, but the area could be used as a base to explore the Overberg area. I could also easily mark out a few challenging/interesting adventure bike friendly routes on the reserve, ranging from bike breakers, to gentle doddles.

We are only about 2 hours from Somerset West, so its a hop, skip and jump from Cape Town, meaning its an ideal weekend getaway. We will ask a nominal camping fee, and game drives, etc will be add-on costs. The Black Oystercatcher restaurant is a quick 10 minute ride from the camping spot, so should you not be in the mood to braai, you can chill at the restaurant.

Let me know if there is any interest, and I can pursue this further.

Rossdog
'69 Model.

Offline Rossdog

« Reply #55 on: Today at 01:05:46 pm »
The OP, as a reminder.
'69 Model.

Offline Ri

« Reply #56 on: Today at 02:43:05 pm »
Definitely still interested :ricky: