Adventure Bike Destination Oppotunity Southern Cape

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rossdog

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Hi Dawgs

I'm involved a big conservation initiative in the Southern Cape, on the Agulhas Plain. We are a 45 000ha special management area situated in the triangle formed by Bredasdorp, Elim and Struisbaai/Agulhas. Our southerly neighbour is the Agulhas National Park. Check us out on www.nuewejaars.com.

Those of you who know this area will know that we have an abundance of decent gravel roads, and there is plenty to see and do in the area, including game drives, the Southernmost Tip of Africa, the pubs and restaurants of Struisbaai and L'Agulhas, the pont over the Breede River, etc.

We have a disused facility that would serve well as a rough and tough adventure destination. It is a fenced off area safe from hippos and buffalo, overlooking a beautiful natural vlei, hosting lots of wildlife and birds. To get there will be an adventure in itself, but the area could be used as a base to explore the Overberg area. I could also easily mark out a few challenging/interesting adventure bike friendly routes on the reserve, ranging from bike breakers, to gentle doddles.

We are only about 2 hours from Somerset West, so its a hop, skip and jump from Cape Town, meaning its an ideal weekend getaway. We will ask a nominal camping fee, and game drives, etc will be add-on costs. The Black Oystercatcher restaurant is a quick 10 minute ride from the camping spot, so should you not be in the mood to braai, you can chill at the restaurant.

Let me know if there is any interest, and I can pursue this further.

Rossdog