The green hills overnighter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidetrack

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Last weekend Neo and myself headed east to do a 700km loop. Unfortunately the weather was not ideal on Saturday morning but Sunday was bliss. Just after 8 we left Pta and headed east, we were riding in a light drizzle just enough to make it unpleasant as I did not have waterproof pants. Wet boots and underpants are no fun  :eek: The first bit of dirt close to Hendriena and Neo the wise took one look at the slippery mess and decided to hightail it on the tar towards the closest town for some well deserved lunch. Notice the idiot deciding to stick to the route and ride the dirt  >:D So a plan was made to meet up at the overnight stop Rooihoogte Guest Cottage off the R38 in the Sappi green belt. If anyone need s a stopover here I highly recommend it

https://rooihoogtecottage.co.za/

The rest of the day I would stick to the dirt and the first 50km  or so was scary, super slippery and easy to get it sideways. I could only manage very low speeds which meant it turned out to be a long day in the saddle but as the day went on the sun came out and the track apart from some patches became very enjoyable. The last 50 - 60km through the mountains were perfect, no dust at all.

Attachments

• IMG-2077.jpg
    IMG-2077.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 214
  • PHOTO-2020-01-26-17-10-55.jpg
    PHOTO-2020-01-26-17-10-55.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 228