Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: The Quest (...choosing a "partner")  (Read 4418 times)

Offline Fidel

• Capo di Rompe Coglione
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • U KANTE KILLE ME
Re: The Quest
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2008, 10:19:59 am »
What a interesting angle.....it is refreshing! :)

However, my concern is that youre talking love and passion, so going from an Italian lover (Vespa) to a German (BMW) Fraulein, is already a move in a less attractive direction!

This means that you are looking to marry a dependable, reliable and stable mom figure. BMS your choice.

But i must warn you, you aint gonna get 'hot and spicy, lets have a quicky in the bush' type lover here.  ;)

If you want hot and spicy, you will need to go outside of Germany.  ;)....in my opinion. Then again, im no Casanova.  :-\

I guess, for some, bikes are about logic and engineering?......others, function and form?........and, those others, looks and image.

Nice one.......perhaps when you find your match, you can both become 'persone grata' .  ;D

Offline Jonix

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Persona non Grata
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2008, 10:37:58 am »
Thanks Fidel. Do not be fooled by the Vespa reflection in my avatar. It is all part of the quest to remain as objective as possible! :mwink:

Offline cloudgazer

• RPMods
  • Forum Whore
    • fontera
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2008, 10:56:10 am »
Thanks Fidel. Do not be fooled by the Vespa reflection in my avatar. It is all part of the quest to remain as objective as possible! :mwink:

Speaking of your avatar.

Indiana Jones?

Offline Jonix

• Persona non Grata
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2008, 11:11:54 am »
Now that I have completed my search in the ranks of the Bayerische family, it is now time to venture elsewhere. Apologies to the owners of the likes of the 1150 GS (an other classics in the BMW camp) for which I have the utmost respect as they were in a lot of ways the pioneers in the market of Adventure riding, but I have decided to stick to current models.

Disselboom

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2008, 11:14:11 am »

Speaking of your avatar.

Indiana Jones?

Looks more like the monster in Jeepers Creepers. :)

Offline Smithey

• RIP
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Njam Njam Njam
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2008, 11:21:15 am »

Speaking of your avatar.

Indiana Jones?

Looks more like the monster in Jeepers Creepers. :)

Freddy  >:D

CloudGazer: Be careful with affairs, because once you have tasted the forbidden fruit you will never be able to go back. >:D

Especially if your bikes a him and your best mate  :imaposer:

Disselboom

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2008, 11:23:57 am »
 :laughing4: Talking from experience? ;)

Offline Jonix

• Persona non Grata
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2008, 11:29:54 am »
Please note: I ignore meaningless comments that lacks wit, humour or substance. Otherwise I might as well spend my time reading transcripts of speeches from Julius Malema. :deal:

Disselboom

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2008, 11:32:26 am »
Please note: I ignore meaningless comments that lacks wit, humour or substance. Otherwise I might as well spend my time reading transcripts of speeches from Julius Malema. :deal:

My apologies:Please continue your captivating narrative.

Offline growweblaar

• Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Somerset West
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2008, 11:44:37 am »
This means that you are looking to marry a dependable, reliable and stable mom figure. BMS your choice.

But i must warn you, you aint gonna get 'hot and spicy, lets have a quicky in the bush' type lover here.  ;)

If you want hot and spicy, you will need to go outside of Germany.  ;)....in my opinion. 

Somewhere wild...? Like Austria?  :biggrin:

Offline MrBig

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph 955 Tiger
  • Stellenbosch
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2008, 11:50:35 am »

If you want hot and spicy, you will need to go outside of Germany.  ;)....in my opinion. 

Somewhere wild...? Like Austria?  :biggrin:

Austria?
Not a place associated with hot and spicy..
Sounds more like Mexico.  :P
"I know you think you understand what I said, but what you don't understand is what I said is not what I mean."

Offline Jonix

• Persona non Grata
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2008, 11:56:06 am »
I now venture to the Trunkenpolz family in Austria and the owners of Kraftfahrzeuge Trunkenpolz Mattighofen (KTM). In many ways seen as the arch rivals of the BMW clan - I cannot really fathom the logic, as in my mind they only overlap only in certain select sections of the market. Also, where the BMW clan is sophisticated and fashionable with a large footprint across the world, the KTM family is a rugged elite bunch that is not at all interested in catering for the masses. Some might say the KTM family is from the wrong side of the rail track, but in my quest to find the ideal partner, I won’t allow myself to get drawn into any preconceived ideas.

In the KTM camp, there are a few ladies that tickle my fancy: 640 Adventure, 990 Adventure and 990 Adventure S.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:37:07 pm by Jonix »

Offline MrBig

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph 955 Tiger
  • Stellenbosch
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2008, 12:19:40 pm »
I guess it's jumping ahead a bit.

But really- the 690 Enduro?
Didn't you disqualify the HP2 because of it's distinct non-adventure bike characteristics?

"I know you think you understand what I said, but what you don't understand is what I said is not what I mean."

Offline Jonix

• Persona non Grata
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2008, 12:27:16 pm »
640 Adventure

Face Value: You get a real honest, what-you-see-is-what-you-get feeling about this baby.

On the Dance Floor: She is definitely not built for comfort, but if your preferred dance is freestyle ‚?? you won‚??t be disappointed.

The Dirty Weekend: I have to again state that I appreciate the honesty of this lady. She promises to be a serious, no-nonsense, all terrain race bike and it delivers just that. It really feels as if you can fill her up, chuck your kit on the back and head for a trip through Africa. No vanity case needed! As is the case with all single cylinders, vibration is an issue at speed and you will struggle in the threesome department.

Conclusion: If you are planning a one-up, hard-core adventure in remote areas ‚?? look no further. For me, the single just lacks power and speed and unfortunately: not my choice!

Offline Fidel

• Capo di Rompe Coglione
  • U KANTE KILLE ME
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2008, 12:29:19 pm »
Sometimes love is found where unexpected, Mr Big.

Hell, Cinderella was the maid. :)..........mmmmm, ohlala..... a French maid.
Ok, this isnt my story either............coninue Jonix.

Offline Jonix

• Persona non Grata
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2008, 12:38:32 pm »
Mr Big - apologies, that was a case of the fat five getting the copy and paste wrong. I have removed the 690 Enduro.

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2008, 12:39:28 pm »
Conclusion: If you are planning a one-up, hard-core adventure in remote areas ‚?? look no further. For me, the single just lacks power and speed and unfortunately: not my choice!

You sure about that Jonix, maybe you must do a bit more research?  ;)   ;D
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:39:56 pm by michnus »

Offline oo7

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2008, 12:41:25 pm »
640 Adventure

vibration is an issue at speed

Mistake corrected   ;D

Offline Jonix

• Persona non Grata
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2008, 12:57:19 pm »
Michnus: You would think that the mere participation in the Paris Dakar is classed as "hard-core adventure in remote areas" - no more research needed! :biggrin:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 01:01:44 pm by Jonix »

Disselboom

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2008, 01:00:35 pm »
Michnus: You really think that the mere participation in the Paris Dakar is classed as "hard-core adventure in remote areas" - no more research needed! :biggrin:

You'll find the experiences of the average "pay for spares yourself" adventurer to be far removed from any factory race team bikes.Keep it in mind. ;)