Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Bmw R1200gs clutch slipping  (Read 560 times)

Offline Mello

Re: Bmw R1200gs clutch slipping
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2020, 11:11:14 am »
I only had the leak issue but did the clutch at the same time as the bike was already at a highish mileage. About 90k km, think.  The clutch was actually still performing well but we decided to err on the precautionary side.  Don't recall what was replaced, however.

Sent from my LM-G810 using Tapatalk

Offline Carl84

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2020, 06:57:40 pm »
Ok so I bit the bullet and did the entire clutch including pressure plate at BMW Centurion.

Now I got the bike back yesterday and drove to work today to a client which is about 120KM trip from home. Now I am almost sure the engine has more vibration than it used to have especially from 4000rpm onwards. I actually had pins and needles effect in my hands after the 120km which I am sure I never had before? Is it possible that BMW cocked something up with the new clutch? Is it possible to mis allign the clutch or counter weigth etc?

I will take it back to them early next week but what do you guys think? My bike used to be smooth as butter at 130kph just over 4000rpm and it still feels good but their may be more vibration than I remember.

Offline Carl84

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2020, 08:29:18 am »
OK so solved it!

Did the valve clearances this morning (only the one exhaust valve was out of spec) as well as syncing the throttle bodies. Now the throttle bodies where massively out of line at 2; 3 and 4000 rpm. I set these and now the bike is back to normal & smooth with only the normal slight boxer vibrations! Not sure if the clutch job BMW did affected the throttle sync or if it is just coincidence that it was out but at least it is good now.