Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Traditional Triumph Edenvale Vs triumph SA Sandton - Any experiences?  (Read 168 times)

Offline XTZFegen

• Bike: Triumph 800 XC
  • Audere Est Facere
Hey Triumph guys,

I need to service the 800. Bike is out of warranty. Anyone here have any experience with Traditional Triumph in Edenvale and Triumph SA in Sandton? Or is it 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other?

Or do I avoid both?  ;D
Oh when the Spurs, go marching in, oh when the Spurs go marching in, oh Lord I want to be in that number, oh when the Spurs go marching in.

Come on you Spurs.

Offline Dwerg

Re: Traditional Triumph Edenvale Vs triumph SA Sandton - Any experiences?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 10:38:58 am »
No experience with owning a Triumph but I've known Nick from Traditional for 20+ years. Good guy  :thumleft:
Current: KTM 690R
Previous: KTM 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

The following users thanked this post: XTZFegen

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 11:03:27 am »
Here's an alternative out in Fourways - Johan Nortje, ex Fourways Motorcycles cell. 082 377 6512 ( brilliant techie and nice chap ! )

Offline XTZFegen

• Audere Est Facere
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 11:05:12 am »
Here's an alternative out in Fourways - Johan Nortje, ex Fourways Motorcycles cell. 082 377 6512 ( brilliant techie and nice chap ! )

Hey Sheepman,
I tried calling that number, doesn't go through. Tells me it cant connect.
Oh when the Spurs, go marching in, oh when the Spurs go marching in, oh Lord I want to be in that number, oh when the Spurs go marching in.

Come on you Spurs.

Offline chicco

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • This site contains cookies.....
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 11:06:43 am »
Hey Triumph guys,

I need to service the 800. Bike is out of warranty. Anyone here have any experience with Traditional Triumph in Edenvale and Triumph SA in Sandton? Or is it 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other?

Or do I avoid both?  ;D

Bike running again? What was the issue?
KLR650, KTM 950, KTM 950S, KTM 990, KTM 990S, KTM 990R

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 11:37:43 am »

Hey Sheepman,

After a call to a communal friend, it's understandable why you cannot get through to Johan  ;)  the man emigrated to NZ a few months ago after having been poached by Honda  -  more brilliant skills lost  >:( Triumph Sandton was recommended = speak to Paul Jacobs, the workshop manager.

The following users thanked this post: XTZFegen

Offline XTZFegen

• Audere Est Facere
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 12:30:29 pm »
Hey Triumph guys,

Or do I avoid both?  ;D

Nope...parked off. Engine Management System Light staying on...need to nurse it to Triumph so they can hook their fancy machines on and tell me what is going on. She is due a service as well so might as well do everyone at one time.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 12:36:14 pm by XTZFegen »

Come on you Spurs.

Offline XTZFegen

• Audere Est Facere
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 12:35:04 pm »

Hey Sheepman,

After a call to a communal friend, it's understandable why you cannot get through to Johan  ;)  the man emigrated to NZ a few months ago after having been poached by Honda  -  more brilliant skills lost  >:( Triumph Sandton was recommended = speak to Paul Jacobs, the workshop manager.

I phoned them and got their hourly rate....hold onto your socks...R720 ph. Might just be parking Lady Triumph until sometime later in the year.

Come on you Spurs.

Offline chicco

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • This site contains cookies.....
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 02:04:01 pm »
Hey Triumph guys,

Or do I avoid both?  ;D

Nope...parked off. Engine Management System Light staying on...need to nurse it to Triumph so they can hook their fancy machines on and tell me what is going on. She is due a service as well so might as well do everyone at one time.

thats a bummer.....I have a nice jacket that will make you feel better......
KLR650, KTM 950, KTM 950S, KTM 990, KTM 990S, KTM 990R

Offline XTZFegen

• Audere Est Facere
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 02:06:56 pm »
Hey Triumph guys,

Or do I avoid both?  ;D

thats a bummer.....I have a nice jacket that will make you feel better......

:laughing4:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Come on you Spurs.