13 December 2019 – (Cederberg Trip in Memory of my Dad)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
It has taken me quite  a while to pluck up the courage & finally start working on putting together this 13 minute video clip, in order to capture the 1st day’s journey, of a Cederberg trip I did last year, from the 13th - 17th December 2019.

The previous year (on the 13th December 2018) while my wife & I were out in the Cederberg Mountains, we received the sad news that my Father had passed away.

It had been tugging away within my heart for quite some time during the last part of 2019 (leading up to December), where I truly felt that I needed to revisit the same spot out there on Uitkyk Pass (in the Cederberg Mountains) where I had broken down & cracked, soon after hearing the news a year ago on the 13th December 2018.

I knew that I needed to get back out there, to spend some time alone with my thoughts & memories of my loving Father.

I was meeting up with a group of colleagues, for a work training event on the 15th December 2019 out there in the Cederberg Mountains for a few days trip & decided to head out on the 13th to spend 2 days in the mountains, to reflect on things & use the time to do some “soul searching & mind healing” of my own.

I decided to put together this little video, as part of my own personal healing process as I relived the thoughts & memories that had filtered through both my head & heart that day, as I travelled to my spot on Uitkyk Pass, then also as I continued along the rest of the day’s journey, after my “special time of reflection”.

A good friend of mine Sakkie & his daughter joined me for the first 2 days of the entire weekend trip & I’d like to say a huge thank you to him for the kind loving support he gave, as well as the encouragement he shared. Sakkie, you are a really great friend.

ASNFA Son Never Forgets.
Always Believe in Yourself.

Forever in my heart Pops.