WINTER IS COMING

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Good Morning Dogs , like a lot of members I too commute everyday . Its not winter as yet but with all the rain in the air there is a chill in the air. I have also noted that sunrise is now nearly a 1/2 hour later . I leave home around 5.20 in the morning , month or so ago it was already light , now still dark . This morning I decide to refit my inner into my jacket just as a bit of a precaution.
How do you commuters feel are we going to have a colder than normal winter ?  I have in similar conditions said its going to be a cold winter just to be proved wrong and winter turns out to be  mild. This year I am trying not to predict any thing . But going in blind is also craze , being prepared is always a good option .
For my trips , I have nice thermal pants and top as a base layer , my Adventure jacket I have set up to my liking with a SPIDI H2o rain liner , and a fleece inner jacket . The liners can also be swapped out for a down jacket , but this need to be done in advance .
Last bit that need attention is legs , I have  my preferred ballistic jeans , they super comfortable to ride in, but have the option of textile pants with warm liners , so my long trips are more or less sorted , Its my daily ride to work that is a bit of a concern , mite just decide to try the textile pants ,and leave a pair of jeans at work , change when I get there , change again when going home . But here lies the problem, most of the time winter morning are freezing , and the afternoons are warm , and then the gear becomes uncomfortable and you sweat in them making movement difficult .