Following my nose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamanya

Andrew to most
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Short trip around the Kleinmond area;

Up Sir Lowreys to check out the manbirds.

91228898-L.jpg

91229084-L.jpg

Then found a great little track that you should give some time to. Just after Hoehoek right before the N2 Splits to go over the pass there is a little dirt road that goes down to the railway. Just before the railway is a dirt road that follows the river and railway line and is very pretty. It comes out just before the turnoff to Hermanus where the N2 becomes a two way again.

No pictures, too busy having fun.

Stayed in Vermont that evening.

Left midmorning to follow my nose.

Ended up going into Highlands and the Safcol forest lands.

91244658-L.jpg

91229274-L.jpg

91229457-L.jpg

End of the track, and a short walk to look out over the beautiful coast. The track I managed to find is in the Valley in the background.

91229628-L.jpg

Managed to find a track that made it's way from the old forestry station down the valley to Kleinmond.

91229779-L.jpg

91228541-L.jpg

It is pretty rough but very doable. Unfortunately it runs onto private property so I had to go and have a chat with the farmer to ask how to get off his land as all his gates are locked and I didn't feel like riding back up the tracks that I came in on.

From there was in two minds as to ride the Rooiels road or go back via the track over Hoehoek pass.

In Betty's Bay I saw a KLR, 640, 1200GS and an ST. They had stopped and were going back to Paarl via a "gravel road near Hoehoek"

Aha, Mind made up then, I'll go back with them.

The guy on the 1200 had shorts and slippers on. If you are a reader on this site, you are only one fall away from mucho paino.

If you can't afford the gear, you can't afford the bike.

Turns out it was not the road that I thought they were going to take so made my own way home.