Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: DR650 Time for a service.  (Read 854 times)

Offline Ri

Re: DR650 Time for a service.
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2020, 09:42:46 pm »
Awesome, looks like I'm getting the hang of this now. Would love to buy a second DR for my wife and take it apart too :D

What is your budget? >:D

Offline Spectaitor

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2020, 07:39:39 am »
I understand that the needle can rub on the main jet and wear out. Check if the main jet is still round,or worn oval. There is a mod to prevent it from happening.
Main jet looked fine, everything looked to be in real good condition to me but will specifically look out for that next time  :thumleft:

What is your budget? >:D
Not so much budget but time, just had a kid in December but she rides my bike around the yard every weekend  :ricky:
So much to do, so little time. Better get going then!

Offline Ri

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2020, 07:59:18 am »
Not so much budget but time, just had a kid in December but she rides my bike around the yard every weekend  :ricky:

I'm guessing not the 3-month-old...

That's so cool! I (of course) believe it's the best "small" adv bike for shorter people as it can be lowered and still go almost anywhere, but it is a bit on the heavy side in rougher terrain for some women - me being one. But I'm stubborn ::)

Offline Spectaitor

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2020, 08:27:03 am »
My wife is fairly tall 1.75ish so she's quite happy with the bike standard height which is a bonus because it can always still be lowered if she wants. She was telling me how she thought that the bike was a bit heavy for her and she wanted a smaller engine but then I showed her some Jocelin Snow vids and she then decided the DR wasn't too heavy and she'd just practice picking it up.

Offline Ri

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2020, 07:37:16 pm »
My wife is fairly tall 1.75ish so she's quite happy with the bike standard height which is a bonus because it can always still be lowered if she wants. She was telling me how she thought that the bike was a bit heavy for her and she wanted a smaller engine but then I showed her some Jocelin Snow vids and she then decided the DR wasn't too heavy and she'd just practice picking it up.

That is cool. Then it's perfect. I also worried about picking up the bike but correct technique helps. And a lowered bike has a lower CoG in my case :ricky:

That said, with bikes like the 310GS and KTM390, she does have a choice of slightly lighter bikes that should still have nice amount of power.

Offline Spectaitor

« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2020, 08:07:10 am »
I doubt she'd like the 310 or whether I'd let her get it, she doesn't let me go to weddings in shorts, she wont be buying the ultimate adv bike  :pot: Funny enough she really likes the 'scrambler' look so she really liked the CRF250L in the beginning and then the DR when I got mine.

When she's ready to pull the trigger I'll put out the feelers for one or I might even let her take my on and I maybe get a XR650L - Don't ask me why but I really like those, almost as much as the DR and would love to own one :ricky: