Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: A Bashful Report  (Read 21510 times)

Offline nemo695

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
Re: A Bashful Report
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2008, 06:06:48 pm »
Big respect for this guy Lucky Striker on his DRZ 400, one buttock at a time on the seat resting the other one every other k hey Cyril??/ ;D

2343 in three days on a DRZ400
it feels like I was sodomised
:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :peepwall:
Life is short.......... MAKE IT COUNT!

Offline Mark Hardy

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2008, 06:09:09 pm »
LS ran of beer and has gone to the glue.

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Pretoria
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2008, 06:09:53 pm »
Big respect for this guy Lucky Striker on his DRZ 400, one buttock at a time on the seat resting the other one every other k hey Cyril??/ ;D

2343 in three days on a DRZ400
it feels like I was sodomised
:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :peepwall:

Question then is, how does he know how it feels to be sodomized!   :eek: :eek:
He who angers you, controls you.

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Pretoria
« Reply #123 on: November 10, 2008, 06:12:12 pm »

The question here is, was she checking out MY ass, or JM's??

;D

JM's - she saw your's next to the KLR at the river... ;)

Naais guys. Happy all's well and you's had fun.

Stephan gonna be pissed. I'm definately sure Red's checking out the jong bokkie.  :biggrin:

Offline Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2008, 06:24:08 pm »
You just beat me to it, Operator!  :eek: :imaposer:

Great minds think alike  ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2008, 06:29:28 pm »
Jeez - must include this - never knew it was that bad....

Man drowns after FS storm
10/11/2008 17:26  - (SA) 

Bloemfontein - A man has drowned and another was still missing on Monday after heavy rains hit the Botshabelo and Thaba Nchu areas in the Free State.

Police spokesperson Inspector Harry Nagel said police were still looking for a man who was apparently swept away by water near the Rustfontein Dam, east of Bloemfontein.

"One drowned, one was swept away and one made it to land."

Hundreds of houses in Botshabelo and neighbouring Thaba Nchu were damaged when heavy rains and strong winds hit the area on Sunday afternoon.

Many informal dwellings were also destroyed.

Mangaung local municipality spokesperson Qondile Khedama said disaster management teams were by Monday afternoon still on the ground to assess the situation.

"We will help those who do not have accommodation for tonight. The city manager has said that blankets and mattresses will be supplied to those at community halls."

Khedama said reports of damage had been streaming in throughout the day.

"People continued to come in through(out) the day."

The weather office in Bloemfontein has forecast more downpours for Monday (60%) and Tuesday (30%) for the Bloemfontein area.

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Pretoria
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2008, 06:43:17 pm »
I raced down for the bash on Saturday morning.

A few pics. Along the way. Lucky the rai stayed at bay.

Same spot as I went passed 3 weeks ago. The rain did make a huge impact.

Had to a make a emergency U-Turn at one stage.  :biggrin:

On the road to Marquard.

Dirt from Marquard to Clocolan (Klokkolaan)

Just as I go through Clocolan, I have a flat. Luckily a guy in a baakie just behind me see this happen, stops, load the bike and go drop me off at the local tyre place.

In no time all fixed. Fitted 21 inch as it was said it would word. Did so but came back to bite me on Sunday.

Thank you to the two Danie's! Danie Joubert and Danie of the tyre place. Will post proper details later. Friendly with coffee and nice chat! Much appreciated you two!  8)

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2008, 06:50:26 pm »
Thanks so far for all the pics.
I was a bit miff at the beginning of this report, hoping that I would feel much better after seeing all the lekker pics of the seriaaas jol you all had, I now feel much better.....NOT!!!!!!!!
 >:D :patch:
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Pretoria
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2008, 06:58:48 pm »
Arrived at about 14H00. The welcoming was very friendly even if a bit "wobbly" by most.  :biggrin:

Some pics of the farm lots claimed.

Poipants

Welsh

Plothond

Shark_za

IDR

Now what are you doing in Plottie's panniers?  :biggrin:

The Bar

I left my bike where I stopped.  ::)

The Transporter, Leo and Red/Stephan's place.

Groenie & Ganjora's site.

Beautiful mountain.  :biggrin:

Some more.

Michnus enjoying the G450X. Even if he does have a funny looking helmet.  :biggrin:

Offline funacide

• Administrator
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
    • Mediro Business Service Management
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2008, 07:16:45 pm »
Plothond

That would be funacide .........
KTM 1190 ADV R

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Pretoria
« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2008, 07:22:39 pm »
Ag fok.

This must have confused me a bit.  :biggrin:

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Pretoria
« Reply #131 on: November 10, 2008, 07:39:01 pm »
Then down to the beach for a first look.

Popipants cooling off.

The afternoon's choice of venue. Some shade.

Camping on the beach.  8)

Then Survivor Freestate came to the fore.

Funacide and Popi contemplating the next move. The cries of "Bring Beer! Bring Beer!" ignored in totality.  :biggrin:

Finally some action.

Is it a crocodile? Is it a whale? Is it a pig?

No!  It is Welsh!  :biggrin:

« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 07:41:26 pm by JourneyMan »

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2008, 07:47:05 pm »
Any news on the guy with the ankle????
When is this "Old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

Offline Hondsekierie

• Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Away we go!!! Bikes: 690RFR, 950SE, 990Adv
« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2008, 08:21:55 pm »
Looks like everybody had a real bos jol :thumleft:

“There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep Sea, and music in its roar:
I love not Man the less, but Nature more"

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Pretoria
« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2008, 08:24:28 pm »

Shark dankie vir die belangstelling,ek wil net vir almal dankie sê vir al die hulp deur die naweek, te veel name om op te noem. Ek en Watermat het 15h30 op Worcester aangekom,gat is seerder as enkel want ek kon nooit staan nie. Gebreekte enkel word dinsdag geoppereer,is te veel geswel van die trip huistoe,verder gaan dit goed,n hond kla mos nie.

In short. Made it home safely. The crazy bastid!  8)

Ankle get's operated on Tuesday.

Offline GO GIRL

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #135 on: November 10, 2008, 08:51:53 pm »
WOW  :ricky: it looks as tho a GRT time had by all...

There is just something about getting away and off the beaten track.... :biggrin:

When you eventually face reality on the Blue Monday as all like to call it it just does not even feature....
as the typical WD is already planning the next getaway :ricky: :ricky:

Nice report and comments all.. definitely have to be there next time....

Asd for the Clifton Beach ...hmmm hmmm a long way to go....but you all used your imagination Im sure.... ;)

BigEd

« Reply #136 on: November 10, 2008, 08:54:13 pm »

Shark dankie vir die belangstelling,ek wil net vir almal dankie sê vir al die hulp deur die naweek, te veel name om op te noem. Ek en Watermat het 15h30 op Worcester aangekom,gat is seerder as enkel want ek kon nooit staan nie. Gebreekte enkel word dinsdag geoppereer,is te veel geswel van die trip huistoe,verder gaan dit goed,n hond kla mos nie.

In short. Made it home safely. The crazy bastid!  8)

Ankle get's operated on Tuesday.

Yep, they are bred tuff there in Worcester area...

Red

« Reply #137 on: November 10, 2008, 09:06:59 pm »

The question here is, was she checking out MY ass, or JM's??

;D

Turn my back for 5 minutes .....   Erm, JM have nice ankles?????   :biggrin:

Offline Captain Zef

• The Ultimate
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Oudtshoorn / Mosselbaai
« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2008, 09:07:55 pm »
:laughing4:

Offline Milkybar

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Life's an adventure
« Reply #139 on: November 10, 2008, 09:48:22 pm »
Ok guys! Here's our contribution........
First of all......thanks to all the organisers and sponsors! What a great weekend!
A special word of thanks to HabaHaba for his patience during my stressfull and nerveracking first encounter with gravel!!! No wonder I love this bloke soooo much!! He's so relaxed and peacefull....
Thanks Groenie, Deepbase and JJ for your help in picking up my bike 2 along the way......This rookie really appreciates your help.

So let me start at the beginning.....
We finished packing only on Friday morning and still had to go to work. when you're your own boss, the business of business usually has to be sorted out before one can leave for the weekend and because I was so nervous about tackling the unknown, I played for time. DeonDJ actually phoned at one stage to find out where we where. To his shock he had to hear that we're still working.
Only got to leaving at 12h32 - not too far to ride - only 298km to Van Stadensrus!!!!
After a quick milkshake in Bloemfontein we headed out to Dewetsdorp and then Wepener. Nice long straight strech of road.
Arriving at Van Stadensrus I saw this little house covered in roses-made me think of "Doringrosies'" home from the fairytale......
OK I know some of you guys are laughing your hearts out!!! I'm a romantic, so shoot me!!!
This rookie now had to get onto gravel for the very first time (not pillioning) but in control of my own - newish Dakar!!! No training, just hubby coaching me through every sandpatch and turn.
It's defnitely not the same as opening up the throttle of the Fazer on the open road!!! Totally different!!!
At some point we took awrong turn but luckily met up with Groenie and company. Stopping uphill
 and trying to turn the bike around resulting in me toppling it twice.
Groenie gave some inpromto instructions and off we went. Every now and then he would stop, show me to stop next to him and say " Stop woman, switch off the bike and listen to me woman......." Thanks Groenie!!! You rock Boet!!!
We got to the bridge near the camp and had to stop for a break again. The 3 musketeers was in need of little thirstquencing!!!
While relaxing on the bridge Rassie and company arrived with the news that Rassie fell and they think he broke it. This guy actually rode his bike from Worcester and near the bash had the nasty fall. He was so white in his face from the pain, I thought he might collapse. He got onto his 800 GS again and took of to the bash! OUCH!!!!
We got going again and boy oh boy!!! What waited for me I kinda expected but wishes would not come, but it did......veld and rocks. I don't think I ever prayed so hard in my life. And when I saw every one waiting along the veldpaadjie for the arrivals, I was concentrating on not falling in front of the guys.
Thanks Deon for taking th Dakkie down the last bit!
Meeting some of the dogs was quite interesting - some of you guys really do not fit your avatars, but what the heck! It was great meeting some of you!
Saturday morning just after 5'o clock a scream in the morning woke me and nearly gave me a heartattack.
Sies Willem en Louis-moes julle die girl so laat skrik. Julle is wragties duskant mal om so vroeg in daardie koue water te kon inspring.
Na 'n heerlike ontbyt van Oats, Chicken breyani, spaghettie en meatballs en koffie was ons reg om die pad aan te durf op Willem 100km trippie vir die oggend. Hahahahaha!!!
Remind me to think twice next time Willem has a great plan like this.
Filled up in Zastron on Coke, cookies, water and Lays chips for the humans and some petrol for the bikes, we headed out in search of Lundeans Neck Pass.
We had to stop at the bridge crossing the Orange river for some nice scenery. We have a lovely country, but boy, we are in desperate need of rain.
Then just before Sterkspruit Willem turned onto the gravelroad and the fun began.
I'll let the pics tell the rest of the story.
HabaHaba slid on some cement and you've seen the results on Willem report. Shoulder and knee still stiff, but otherwise I think we were lucky. Getting up an seeing the whole front wheel over the edge of the cliff, I realised that if I was the one in control, it might have ended differently, but thank God, all was ok!!!
Lundeans Neck pass was followed by a steep trip up the road to Tiffendale. It was cold up there, and we only had our summer jackets for the weekend. The road from Tiffendale took us down a steep descent and into Rhodes. A little town caught up in town. The last time I saw a phonebooth like that wa about 25 years ago. The snow boots caused quite a discussion around what nice bikeboots they would make. The coffee was so nice after the chill we felt after spending the last 2 hours above 2500feet.
Hitting the tar just outside Barkley east we realised that time flew by so quickly, we really could not waste any more time.
Hitting the way back we saw the clouds and thunder in the distance, and although we need the rain desperately I prayed for it not to rain until we got back safely to the bashsite.
At just about 20h30 we stopped the bikes at the campsite and realised we've done 550km for the day. Time for dinner and bed!!!!!
Sunday morning we were about the last ones to pack up and leave for home. Breakfast had to wait till Bloemfontein. The weather looked scary so we decide to head straight home. With the wind from the front we could only average 130km/h.
Arrived home at 12h35 - about 1150km in 48 hours!!
Oh and by the way, the way out from the bash and gravel wasn't so bad. I averaged 80km/h!!!
Maybe next time Groenie, I'll be keeping up with you at 180km/h. Hahahhaha.....
Trials are survivable. We must keep our eternal perspective through the tough times.

We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed and broken. We are perplexed, but we don’t give up and quit. We are hunted down, but God never abandons us. We get knocked down, but we get up again and keep going.” (2 Cor. 4:8-9 NLT)