Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: A Bashful Report  (Read 19966 times)

Offline DeonDj

• Deleted Users
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Bethlehem
Re: A Bashful Report
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2008, 07:20:17 am »
I set foot on the Clifton Caledon beach - nice 3d photo

The battleground, early morning

Blou Bul peertjies on Kawa.............

Red wine on the "table"

Party goers on the beach ....

Lucky Striker

LS getting special juice from HentieBM

The bike is just a blank page, the rider is the writer, the road is the ink....

Offline funacide

• Administrator
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
    • Mediro Business Service Management
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2008, 07:25:29 am »
Hey all, what an awesome bash this year was. Venue awesome people even better and a LOT of beer was consumed....

I don't have many pics (forgot the camera in the bike hehehe) but will post the few I have later.

I have the meanest sunburn you can imagine.. My shoulders and back are tomato in colour. Respect to LS who rode the DRZ400 all the way from Cape Town.

Popi thanks for the ride down, even though I got soaked leaving PTA on Friday morning. And to AdvMX, Plothond, Popi and Kilroy thanks for the ride back. I think I was pissing and moaning all the way back but can only put that down to maybe a bit of sunstroke and too much alcohol over the weekend.

Thanks all for an awesome bash and the venue was better than it looks in the pics..
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 07:35:09 am by funacide »
KTM 1190 ADV R

Offline I&horse

• You look like a
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • was Andy 950
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2008, 07:40:17 am »
Wish I could join, looks like a cool spot and a JOL!!
Silence is golden...... Duct tape is silver

Everything works with smoke, if the smoke escapes, it stops working.

Offline Wild Hearted Son

• Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
  • Sandton
    • Harleyparts Online
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2008, 07:46:23 am »
Great ride & a lovely weekend

Pom & I both home safely by late afternoon
After I broke down near Marquard,  Pom managed to figure out how to drain the float bowl & we were on our way in about an hour or so.

Red - Pom has the tow rope, thanks

Thank you to everyone for a fantastic Bash !!!

WHS
pics will follow later
"...I was born to the city
But I longed to roam free..." - The Cult, Wild Hearted Son, 1991
http://www.harleyparts.online/ds/

Adventure MX

« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2008, 08:07:49 am »
This was absolutely one of the best trips that I have been on with riding buddies.

Formalities out of the way:
1.  Kilroy, Wino and the people who put this together, you did an outstanding job.  The location was a piece of paradise and I couldn't have done better myself.
2.  To the guys I rode down to the bash, Plottie and JJred, it was a great ride.   :thumleft:
3.  To all the guys I met at the bash, it was the best crowd of people I could have ever spent a weekend with.  Camaraderie like I have never experienced before.
4.  IDR, for those myprodols when I hurt my back!
5.  My riding friends back home - Funacide, Poppipants, Kilroy and Plottie. :thumleft:

I met many people and it was a privilege to spend the weekend with them.

The ride through Lesotho was magnificent.  Shark, you know your way and the chosen route was a pleasure to ride with all the guys.  Respect LouisXander for riding it with slicks.

Crazy Porra and Myself were the only ones brave enough to camp on the beach till the rest followed.

I didn't take to many photo's - I just forgot totally as I was having to much fun.

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: for an absolutely spectacular weekend!!

Offline Kykdaar

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Zundapp (all models)
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2008, 08:13:45 am »
Looks like a lot of fun was had by all  :thumleft:

Offline Misty

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • BMW650GS - DR650 - Triumph Scrambler 900 - BMW650G
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2008, 08:34:24 am »
Nice one you all - looks like me missed a great party!!!  :)
... “There might be a few bumps ahead in the road, but luckily you are well trained in off road riding!” ... PS: for sure, I'm a lot tougher than I look!! ;)

Offline Lourens ツ

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2008, 08:42:29 am »
Yep, nice one everybody.  It seem to have been a great trip. :thumleft:
Lourens de Lange

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2008, 08:51:29 am »
Hey all, what an awesome bash this year was. Venue awesome people even better and a LOT of beer was consumed....

I don't have many pics (forgot the camera in the bike hehehe) but will post the few I have later.

I have the meanest sunburn you can imagine.. My shoulders and back are tomato in colour. Respect to LS who rode the DRZ400 all the way from Cape Town.

Popi thanks for the ride down, even though I got soaked leaving PTA on Friday morning. And to AdvMX, Plothond, Popi and Kilroy thanks for the ride back. I think I was pissing and moaning all the way back but can only put that down to maybe a bit of sunstroke and too much alcohol over the weekend.

Thanks all for an awesome bash and the venue was better than it looks in the pics..

+1 on the sunstroke and beer!!
A founding member of the Witwatersrand Anchor Society.

Offline Briekmerk

• Previously CJ
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Durbanville
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2008, 09:05:19 am »

Smaak my dit was 'n rowwe party, lyk soos iemand se broek! :imaposer: :imaposer:

Offline Smithey

• RIP
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Njam Njam Njam
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2008, 09:06:48 am »
Beautiful setting for what looks like an excellent party.

Didnt you lads take sun tan cream, eeiisshhh some eina looking pink legs there  :o

Offline buzzlightyear

• I'm Buzz Lightyear. I come in peace.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • To infinity and beyond
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2008, 09:08:11 am »
Thanks everyone, looks like it was a nice party!  :thumleft:

Adv MX, that KLE looks sexy, please create a thread with the mods you have done if you don't mind.  8)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Offline IDR

• <insert bias disclaimer here>
  • Administrator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2008, 09:09:45 am »
I only took 77 photos over the 4 days - just goes to show how photos weren't on the list of priorities at all!

shark_za and I started on Thursday morning EARLY - I was on the road at a smidgeon after 5 - the plan being to shoot down to Lesotho on tar to meet up with Groenie, CrazyPorra and DeepBass9 at the Monantsa border post.  Shark had a bit of a tail light problem, which almost caused me to rear-end him while we were trying to get out of the JHB traffic, so we stopped in a small town.  Hell knows what it was called, I don't remember.

Turns out it was a wire to the light which had dislodged, so a quick repair (after a handful of seperate purchases at the local hardware store) and we were on our way again.  Tar all the way which was a little boring, but the promise of a ride through Lesotho to keep the spirits high.

Finally, arriving at the border post, where the other 3 were awaiting us.  I had a bit of a nervous ride up to the border post, the D606s being brand new, I had to get to grips with the way they grip off road.  Turns out very predictably, and I was EXTREMELY grateful that I didn't fit the Anakee as I was considering.

First beer stop, 5 km into Lesotho  ;D

And the road down from the border post

Moving swiftly along, a smoke break (CrazyPorra, shark_za and DeepBass9 in the background)

At this spot

And then, after a long ride, with few beer stops as we pushed to get there before dark, we arrived at Ramabanta, to a spectacular setting, cold beer and bobotie for dinner  ;D

Plottie and the okes arrived quite late in the dark and the rain, and sidetrack and LouisXander even after that, having ridden to the wrong Ramabanta (there are three) - and you saw earlier what they had to ride through, and LX being on a Strom with slick Anakees.  RESPECT!

Then we were off the next morning with the bash venue as destination.  Lesotho has some truly awesome riding - everything from dirt highways, to technical passes, all surrounded by breathtaking scenery.  Very few photo stops along th eway here too, as it was a rush to get through the mileage needed for the day.

A water crossing, check that Strom move!  :ricky:

Then we all followed Plottie blindly up a climb to a lookout point.  Luckily there was no drop-off at the other end, otherwise there were some Kawasakis and KTMs lying smashed in a ravine in Lesotho  :o  Was wothwhile for the photos though:

Then, arrived at the Bash, unpacked, and got into the beer.  These photos are from both days there.  What a jol! :thumright:

Capies arriving

Ganjora striking a pose

I want one!!!!!

Big party on the first night

Firebucket was there

shark_za, popipants and Kaboef

As was MetalJockey.  I don't know what Kilroy is on about.

And that's about all I have.

Thanks again to all!  It was awesome  O0
The three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40 and a hammer.  If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40.  Otherwise use the hammer.

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Pretoria
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2008, 09:12:54 am »
Some more damages on Saturday evening. :biggrin: 1 of a few such dumping areas. :biggrin:

And good stuff to all! Floors complimented us in the way we all cleaned up. He said we are most welcome if we want to go there again!

Well done!  8)
He who angers you, controls you.

Offline Kaboef

• Jedi Knight
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2008, 09:32:40 am »
I did 1700 k's there and back, most was tar, as time was limited.

Met up with Sot and Luckstricker at Aberdeen on Friday morning.

From there we rode to Nieu-Bethesda to go check out the famous Owl House.
Entrance was R25, so we just looked over the wall like bergies outside a liqour store.

From there we stuck to the dusty stuff, and came upon this disgrace: :eek7:

LS showing his distaste for the Orange brand.. notice the monkey butt due to DRZ seat.... :biggrin:

Stealing some petrol from Sot's KLR. The DRZ is a very lekker bike, but tank range and seat has to improve somewhat... Me and LS took turns riding it. I really enjoyed it, but everytime I got back on my 1200, I grinned like a pig in shit. Its a couch. Yes. But a f***ing fast one...

Early Saturday morning.
Our tents on the riverbank. The peace of waking up at sunrise next to a flowing river in the crisp morning was soon shattered by the crisp sound of beers being opened.  :biggrin:

Our fearless leader practicing the subtle art of making a sandy ditch look like a couch.

IDR looking smug after covering us all in sand with his spinning back wheel.
And LS showing his sore thumb. ;D

Welshie comtemplating having another beer.

But settled on fetching firewood from the far side of the river instead. Camelwelsh.

More wood arriving.

Mrs Metaljockey, Metaljockey, Mrs Michnus, and Ganjora.

Lucky draw and getting ready for another kuiering session.

Sot, LS, and me at Bethulie  - Sunday morning on the way back.

LS riding the DRZ. I think he might have broken the record for the longest distance ever on a DRZ.. Maximum respect. 8)

Crossing the Orange river close to the Gariep dam.

We were caught in a moerse thunderstorm just outside Colesberg.
We were soaked, but a nice Wimpy breakfast sorted us out.
Here we then split up, with me taking the N9 home to George.

A last piccie just outside Uniondale.

Thanks for the organisers of the bash, it was great as always.
Thanks to my riding buddies, and thanks to all the great people that I met at the bash and had the priviledge to hang out with.
Next year - West Coast!
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

Offline ROOI

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • XR650R YZ 250 2t WR AKA Red Rider
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2008, 09:34:12 am »
Michnus say you just have to wait.   :biggrin:

I'm fooked. Just arrived back. Two flatties in two days. ::)

Fok maar hy is dik ;D :laughing4:
Hy kon my  broer gewees het  :imaposer:
FTS

Offline Jacko

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Hildebrand & Wolfmuller (all models)
  • "Don't be a hater, yo." Riaan Cruywagen
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2008, 09:36:57 am »
Fokkit guys, I am so jealous. Looks like a good time was had by all.

I really regret not having been able to attend.  >:(

And let me add: Ek laaik tubes fokkol. But their owners are okay. Just so everyone knows. :biggrin:
"The test of a man is not the forum nor the field; not the marketplace nor the amen corner, but at his own fireside. There he lays aside his mask, and you may judge whether he be imp or angel, king or cur, hero or humbug." -  William Cowper Brann

Bospadda

« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2008, 09:46:20 am »
Now this I find in really bad tast   >:(

and, judging from all the bragging about the amount of alcohol consummed (well supported by photographs published), I have a question: 

" Is the WD Bashes degrading to the level of all the other biker rallies such as the Buffalo Rally?"

No one is being a purist here, but remember this forum can be viewed by anyone, and the above mentioned images do not enhance the imamage of Wild Dog Adventure Riders.

Adventure MX

« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2008, 09:57:39 am »
Now this I find in really bad tast   >:(

and, judging from all the bragging about the amount of alcohol consummed (well supported by photographs published), I have a question: 

" Is the WD Bashes degrading to the level of all the other biker rallies such as the Buffalo Rally?"

No one is being a purist here, but remember this forum can be viewed by anyone, and the above mentioned images do not enhance the imamage of Wild Dog Adventure Riders.

You just weren't there............ you won't understand.

No amount of explaining can help you here.

Offline Kaboef

• Jedi Knight
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2008, 09:58:05 am »
Bospadda, I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Yes, we partied.
No, we did not behave recklessly.
No-one was forced into anything.
The mood was relaxed and wonderful, and everyone had a great time.

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."