Medicine commonly known as “Guss”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rouxman

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
It was around a hairpin bend on the steep loose gravel of the Koedoesberg pass (know by the locals as “Chrystlers” pass) that I managed to ride over the only loose boulder on this section.

Ollie bucked up violently like a wild Siberian stallion with a broken left rear leg.
Before I knew, Ollie was port side down.
Now sporting a broken cylinder guard, front left indicator, scratched crash bars and tank.

Immediately my sentiment for the bike floated past the string connecting my two ears to surface and started beating me over the head with a 10 pound mallet. It was entirely my fault, all four times I came of that day. I haven’t had an off in years and to have four on one section of road in one day makes one think about all sorts of things.

Since returning home from that day on 26 Jan 2020, I’ve not ridden Ollie at all.
Maybe I have an unhealthy amount of  sentiment for these objects but the experiences I have on them partly shapes who I am as a person.

With Ollie tucked away, still licking his wounds whilst sporting karoo dust, my apprehension grows ever stronger by the day as March 2020 approaches at warp speed.
With another adventure planned, and part of the route including the Koedoesberge, I’m still looking for a cure for the sentiment al mallet.

5e8997420ed15ac4a687424b9fc10eac.jpg

Fast forward today...

The captain just stepped out of the cockpit to use the boys room. He’s a friendly chap. The kind of oke that sets you at ease, even in his absence from the cabin. He gives me a big smile and nods a “hello”
I’m seated in 1C of ZS-WCX, flight MN 456 from Cape Town to Johannesburg.

74ac64ddd74baf6c461c8a411894ef3c.plist

Eugene will be collecting me from Lanceria airport. Apparently he drives a charcoal grey 90 Series Defender with a roof rack. That’s how I’ll know it’s him.

I’m on my way to fetch my prescription.
Dr. Naught Lozchick is great!!!
He has a way of identifying with your deepest emotional struggles. He knows how to make sense of all these un-filed & unresolved thoughts. After weeks of consultations he’s come up with a prognosis.
Apparently there is a little understood phenomena that predominantly occurs in a small percentage males of all ages called, losbabophelia. (Logic Says Buy Anothe Bike.....Helia)

What the phuck is “Helia”?!!!

Anyhow, the almost un-legible prescription reads:
“2007 BMW X Challenge, to be taken at least every other weekend in full dosages. Warning!! Over dosing may lead num bum syndrome and in severe cases, kazonke nuts”. This particular derivative of medicine is more commonly known as”Guss”......;)

I have great faith in Dr. Naught Lozchick and from what I understand, his prescribed medication should help me deal with the severe feelings of sentiments towards Ollie.

We’ve started our decent into Lanceria and have been prompted to switch off all electronic devices.
I’ll catch up with you later after my first administration of “Guss”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk