What oil for my 1190 Adv?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROSSI

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
About to change my oil and trying to avoid paying a R1000 for 4L of Motorex 4T 10w60.  :'( BTW ... I see KTM dealer put this viscosity into all big twins.

I know it's good oil...but at R1000 for 4 liters, that's a lot of mula and I'm not sure it's any better than some other good oils out there.  Companies are influenced by a LOT of other factors in addition to what the engineer thought was best when making an oil recommendation, some of them have nothing to do with engine protection and longevity. They want you to just buy whatever they say....it's better for them....not necessarily better for you. :question:

Currently i use Castrol Power 1.  Had no issues with it but i had a cam chain tensioner sticking once ... so i would like to try something else. Where i stay exotic oils are not so available ... Slummies  :-[  Motul 7100 10W50 is unavailable in here and in PE as far as i inquired.

Anyway.... I know oil threads can get stupid fast. So let's just keep the responses to whether or not you've tried something other than the Motorex 4T 10W50 and if so, how well did it work for you and did you stick with it or go back?