Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Harley Davidson  (Read 14422 times)

Offline Offshore

Re: Harley Davidson
« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2020, 01:23:36 pm »
My 2003 Deuce, what a Pleasure.

Eendag as ek groot is.  Bliksem, dis mooi daai!  Die kleur is ook pragtig.  Wat kan jy vertel oor daai dryfbelt @Offshore? Stil, lang lewe?
Ek  hou baie van 'n Dryfbelt @Dorsland, hulle is stil en duursaam. Ek ry die Bike nou al 17 Jaar maar min Kilo's omdat dit nie 'n Tourer is nie. Op 30000 KM's is die Belt nog nie bros nie en ook nie gerek nie. Hulle se mos mos jy meet the nicest People on a Honda, maar ek kan oorvertel dat ek al meer as een keer by 'n Plek kuier en as ek vertrek klim daar n wildvreemde Vrou agter op. Ek moet bieg dat my Vrou meer van die Honda Mense hou. ;)
Current Bikes
KTM 790 R Rally
KTM 990
Harley Davidson Deuce
Aprilia Moto 65

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2020, 01:32:00 pm »
Wow Mother, this is an eye-opener of a thread.

You tell a photo-story of real passion and enthusiasts.

Is Harley's not for posers only?

:pot:

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • What me worry?
« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2020, 02:00:14 pm »

Indeed. This morning on my lil ride I rode extra slow through town so I could check myself out in the shop windows.
Born to lose, live to win!!

Offline lukestrugnell

• Vendor
  • Vendors
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
    • Ecological Logistics
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2020, 02:00:50 pm »

Indeed. This morning on my lil ride I rode extra slow through town so I could check myself out in the shop windows.
Hahahaha

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

www.ecologicallogistics.co.za
Facebook: @EcologicalLogistics

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2020, 02:23:56 pm »
I suppose I can see, in a way, what some people find attractive about Harleys, but for me they're just not my cuppa tea. They are too old fashioned, overweight and under powered.

Not at all like my 1150GS.  ;) :snorting: :lol8:
Succumb not to the erosion of those born of unconsecrated union.

"Two Wheels, an engine and a place to sit." What more do you need?

Still Here - amazed and lucky.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2020, 02:41:35 pm »

But I do that too, and I am only on a Yamaha. :ricky:

Offline subie

• Local Mods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • Liberalism is the ideology of Western suicide.
« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2020, 04:06:32 pm »
Beautifull bikes  :thumleft:
As time washes by, our footprints are all for naught

Offline hugh101

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #147 on: May 17, 2020, 06:49:54 pm »
https://youtu.be/EOwxxsPaogY

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

"a wise man has money in his head but not in his heart"-Johnathan Swift
Bmw 1150 GSA
Bmw  RnineT
Honda CTX 200 bushlander "bosbulletjie" sold
F 650 gs

Offline BuRP

« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2020, 02:46:52 am »
Sorry chaps....

Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #149 on: May 18, 2020, 07:31:37 am »
About 5 years back, I decided to check what the Harley fuss was all about. I rode most of them and even me and Kykdaar went on a roadtrip with 2 of them.

I really struggled to like them because I was comparing them to my then KTM 990R in terms of suspension and power. They rode really hard and the only bike that I enjoyed in terms of comfort was the Roadking classic.

Harleys needs a complete mindset change before riding and buying them. If you buy them with your head, you will probably end up hating them. I mean why would you pay massive money for a slow, uncomfortable bike with almost no suspension? And then it vibrates the whole time and makes you tired riding any decent distance.

You buy a Harley with your heart. You either love them or you don't.
Trust that little voice in your head that says 'Wouldn't it be interesting if...'; And then do it.

Offline Mother

• Bike: Harley Davidson (all models)
  • ...anything with an engine an 2wheels
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2020, 07:45:31 am »
one thing nice about harleys they make nice project bikes to custom

this is an old road king my mate had customised into an army bike

work was done by caves customs

Very nice Mother, like the red spot and the matching siren.  Do they work?  Are those Volksie tyres?

hi yes everything works......and the tyres are old school harley tyres hard to find but they are available
mother ....only half a word ;-)

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2020, 07:47:03 am »
Sorry chaps....

Die seun het bietjie huiswerk gedoen. Goeie video.
Trust that little voice in your head that says 'Wouldn't it be interesting if...'; And then do it.

Offline Mother

« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2020, 07:47:10 am »
My 2003 Deuce, what a Pleasure.

Eendag as ek groot is.  Bliksem, dis mooi daai!  Die kleur is ook pragtig.  Wat kan jy vertel oor daai dryfbelt @Offshore? Stil, lang lewe?
Ek  hou baie van 'n Dryfbelt @Dorsland, hulle is stil en duursaam. Ek ry die Bike nou al 17 Jaar maar min Kilo's omdat dit nie 'n Tourer is nie. Op 30000 KM's is die Belt nog nie bros nie en ook nie gerek nie. Hulle se mos mos jy meet the nicest People on a Honda, maar ek kan oorvertel dat ek al meer as een keer by 'n Plek kuier en as ek vertrek klim daar n wildvreemde Vrou agter op. Ek moet bieg dat my Vrou meer van die Honda Mense hou. ;)

:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

net so

Offline Wild Hearted Son

• Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
  • Sandton
« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2020, 07:54:03 am »
Yissee man, that man-cave !
That to me, is paradise.
@Mother, your friend is a lucky,  lucky man.

One of my dad 's neighbours has got 20 odd Harleys & probably the same again of BMWs.
He doesn't have a setup like this though, his are just parked in a normal garage(s).
"...I was born to the city
But I longed to roam free..." - The Cult, Wild Hearted Son

Offline Mother

« Reply #154 on: May 18, 2020, 08:27:16 am »
About 5 years back, I decided to check what the Harley fuss was all about. I rode most of them and even me and Kykdaar went on a roadtrip with 2 of them.

I really struggled to like them because I was comparing them to my then KTM 990R in terms of suspension and power. They rode really hard and the only bike that I enjoyed in terms of comfort was the Roadking classic.

Harleys needs a complete mindset change before riding and buying them. If you buy them with your head, you will probably end up hating them. I mean why would you pay massive money for a slow, uncomfortable bike with almost no suspension? And then it vibrates the whole time and makes you tired riding any decent distance.

You buy a Harley with your heart. You either love them or you don't.

i agree with the last comment and some of what you say......not that its a debate

let me explain

harley has a name brand lots of people i think aspire towards........

some reasons may be....

its a dream to own a harley ....weather it was because of a sense of freedom it paints .......or financial achievement  or because it depicts an alternative to the system..... or even weather its the chrome and sound...or to own a status symbol because its been around for so long......or to own a connection with the original bikers from when harley started so many years ago.......even to own a piece of American legend

who knows each person has their own reasons

i think many people buy these bikes for posing reasons ...absolutely..........that is why you will pick up a bargain if you shop around second hand for a bike with no or little km on the clock........if you in cape town pop into metal heads and you will see bikes in new condition with absolutely no km on the dial...........i never get why people buy bikes like this and dont use them

i belong to a few harley forums in the states and when i tell the guys how many km i do on my CVO they surprised as this is seen there as a poser bike not a riders bike ........(Just a general observation)

this i guess is where the poser comes in.......the person with lots of cash has the desire to ride but is not really in his or hers blood so will take the bike on the odd occasion to show it off

also to Burps post and i havent even looked at it but i bet it goes down the lines

harley have these big expensive motorcycles and all their riders are getting old so as they die so does the harley market
personally i dont think harley will ever die .....the brand is too strong.......

they have come close to losing the plot in the early years but there will be people to bail them out again......even in the future........maybe the new german ceo will come up with something.....ironic he is german

yes they need to get in line with suspension and handling and reliability.......have seen this improvement over the years but no where like it should be.....

i think if they want to entice younger riders they better get their act together as their entry level bikes are f#$% ugly

talk about comfort briefly

the most comfortable bike i have owned is the Harley Ulta limited tourer.....i have ridden from Cape Town to Pretoria in a day no problem
most of the comfort is from the big seat the ability to stretch ones legs because of highway pegs and the big screen protection
yes the shocks are not fantastic but they are adequate for the tar road

i used to own a bmw LT and once rode down to Montagu for thew weekend from Pretoria....the knee position killed me

also i have owned many motorcycles in my life ridden tons of km

ridden many uncomfortable bikes.....too

but for distance riding i get why they call the Ultra a Couch

and an absolute cruiser it is.... if thats what tickles your fancy..... :biggrin:

it does mine  O0
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 08:27:56 am by Mother »

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2020, 08:39:57 am »
turning into a great thread this. Please continue to share Mother?

My Harley was sold over the weekend, it really felt like saying goodbye to an old friend. I will get another if I ever move away from our small town in the middle of nowhere.

I agree that you need a different mindset when on a Harley. The suspension and brakes are not good, but the engine, and specifically the sound is epic. I have said so previously but its the closest I will ever get to tasting all, and more, of what a old school muscle car offers. That was my approach.

Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2020, 08:43:37 am »

But I do that too, and I am only on a Yamaha. :ricky:

But 2SD, with the Harley the decision to ride slow wasn't made for you..... :peepwall:
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Offline Dorsland

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Opsaal kerels!
    • Patriot Boerbokstoet
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2020, 08:53:03 am »

Is dit 'n Harley of 'n Hoover daai? :lol8:

Dis indrukwekkend daai myle op so 'n belt Offshore. Moet hy verstel word van tyd tot tyd?
'Tis the time’s plague, when madmen lead the blind.

King Lear

Offline Grunder

« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2020, 09:07:03 am »

NC700 F800GS

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #159 on: May 18, 2020, 09:18:18 am »

If you were to actually read the thread and not just troll you would see that it has been posted. Not even pages back - on the same page  :pot:

:peepwall: