Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Harley Davidson  (Read 18713 times)

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
Re: Harley Davidson
« Reply #400 on: February 28, 2021, 09:59:13 am »
Well that's what makes us unique. The world would have been a boring place if we all liked the same models.
Each to his own and good on you.
I prefer a big displacement Harley thank you  :3some:
Most of the Soft tale range will do but the Fatboy tops my likes.

I also am a FatBoy fan, love the solid wheels.

Offline JFE

« Reply #401 on: February 28, 2021, 02:30:15 pm »
Me too, me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Blikkies1

« Reply #402 on: February 28, 2021, 06:53:13 pm »
Took the hogs for their 1st spin today, went to Betty's Bay via Clarence Dr, I am in love! Such a freeing feeling compared to my 990, just easy riding with whaling exhausts.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 06:54:29 pm by Blikkies1 »
It's the end of the road as we know it and I feel fine.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #403 on: February 28, 2021, 08:28:21 pm »
Took the hogs for their 1st spin today, went to Betty's Bay via Clarence Dr, I am in love! Such a freeing feeling compared to my 990, just easy riding with whaling exhausts.
Nice rides

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.

Offline Mother

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Harley Davidson (all models)
  • ...anything with an engine an 2wheels
« Reply #404 on: March 01, 2021, 11:39:45 am »
Personally love my Harley.....its my most comfortable bike ever.....yesterday the wife and I returned from a 1000km one nighter to Mossel Bay ....doesn't feel like it
mother ....only half a word ;-)

Offline Odd Dog

« Reply #405 on: March 01, 2021, 11:46:18 am »
That's really nice, love the color scheme. Next time you come through to MB give myself and Tony the Bony a heads up we'll buy you a frosty.
If You're going through hell, keep going.

The following users thanked this post: Mother

Offline Mother

• Race Dog
« Reply #406 on: March 07, 2021, 09:06:11 am »
a more detailed video on the Pan American HD

https://youtu.be/7ri6jNNu5cA

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #407 on: March 07, 2021, 12:02:13 pm »
Beautiful engine.

The headlight I find atrociously ugly, and the tank profile looks old-school H-D, perhaps intended.

It does look like a lot of thought has gone into this model.

Online Tom van Brits

« Reply #408 on: March 07, 2021, 03:21:12 pm »
Beautiful engine.

The headlight I find atrociously ugly, and the tank profile looks old-school H-D, perhaps intended.

It does look like a lot of thought has gone into this model.

+1  :3some:

Offline Bundu

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #409 on: March 07, 2021, 05:14:19 pm »
The Pan American HD specs look impressive and I would consider the bike, but I suspect service and spares will be a problem

Online Tom van Brits

« Reply #410 on: March 07, 2021, 08:05:16 pm »
The Pan American HD specs look impressive and I would consider the bike, but I suspect service and spares will be a problem

Now here I can jump in and say rest assured it will not be a problem.
I have worked with a guy in Midrand who has been a big Hog man, and he was building up and restoring HD as a hobby.
He told me that anything you want or need is either immediate available or ordered and delivered swiftly.
What I gathered is that HD has got exceptional service in SA.
As always some branches may be better than others.

Who can still recall Mean Machine in Menlyn Pretoria? When Mrs Lolly was the owner she was awarded every year as the best KMSA dealership in the country. I only rode Kawa those days. Sadly when she got old and sold the shop it went South and my last experience whilst buying my last Triumph was sadly a joke....they have made me sick of Triumph in SA.

Offline Blikkies1

« Reply #411 on: March 07, 2021, 08:17:14 pm »
Bucket-list item ticked off, piloting a Harley through Chapman's Peak, what a kiff day!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 08:31:52 pm by Blikkies1 »

The following users thanked this post: big oil

Offline Bundu

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #412 on: March 07, 2021, 08:27:05 pm »

I have worked with a guy in Midrand who has been a big Hog man, and he was building up and restoring HD as a hobby.
He told me that anything you want or need is either immediate available or ordered and delivered swiftly.

Who can still recall Mean Machine in Menlyn Pretoria? When Mrs Lolly was the owner she was awarded every year as the best KMSA dealership in the country. I only rode Kawa those days. Sadly when she got old and sold the shop it went South and my last experience whilst buying my last Triumph was sadly a joke....they have made me sick of Triumph in SA.
that's good to hear!
I've had my present 1290 for nearly 6 years now and still love it to bits, but am feeling an itch, so I'll demo the new 1290 and the Harley.... if I can

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #413 on: March 08, 2021, 07:56:44 am »
Blikkies, thats what its all about. Ek is sommer jaloers.
I sold my Harley because it was a waste in my little hometown. No nice flowing roads with scenery to enjoy the moment.
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Offline Roadhawg

« Reply #414 on: March 08, 2021, 09:15:21 am »
I have such a hankering for a Dyna Wide Glide,  or the newer Dyna or Softail Low Rider S. 

What year did Harley sort the cam chain tensioner story out on the big bikes?

Offline Wayne

« Reply #415 on: March 08, 2021, 09:44:10 am »
I have such a hankering for a Dyna Wide Glide,  or the newer Dyna or Softail Low Rider S. 

What year did Harley sort the cam chain tensioner story out on the big bikes?
Love my Wide Glide. As far as I know the 96" and 103" engines are solid. The 96" ended beginning 2012 and the 103" came in end of 2012.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.

Offline Mother

• Race Dog
« Reply #416 on: March 08, 2021, 10:29:57 am »

that's good to hear!
I've had my present 1290 for nearly 6 years now and still love it to bits, but am feeling an itch, so I'll demo the new 1290 and the Harley.... if I can

I hate to tell you that after sales service at Harley is not as hot as lead to believe......many dealerships have closed and one fellow owns the east rand one Goldrand he also recently Acquired the Tygervalley branch which is now called Winelands and he already owns Cape Town.......the two independent dealerships left are ROC in Alberton and HD Durban all other official dealerships have closed.
Another thing Harley Africa the regional office has closed in Century City and any dealership issues in South Africa will need to report to overseas now.....
I challenge you to order something especially in the Cape and see if you wont be frustrated.......
Ive been riding Harleys and dealing with various dealerships since 2006......things have deteriorated at HD at a rate of knots...

My 400k CVO Ultra blew its motor at 57000km it was a known issue on the 110 motors......no recall or assistance from HD I took a 150k bath on this.......google problems with 110 motor it is a known issue to do with pushrods
Then i bought (had no choice really) trade in my broken bike on a new model Milwaukie 8 as they are called......this was a 500k bike........then at 10800km it started sumping.........google this too.....the oil pump doesnt pump the oil into the whole motor and lies in the crank......result overheating and total loss of power

It was/is a known problem and they still went up and down with it took forever....i insisted on a new motor......eventually they apparently ordered a new motor......and so far so good after 6000km no issues......they are from what i have researched on their 4th generation oil pumps now???!!!

The new CT dealership has not taken over any records of the previous dealership and i hate to know what back up i will still have if any further issues going forward

I do not trust the HD brand in SA one bit after my experience .......their bikes break and longevity in relation to what you pay is ridiculous and absurd

Good luck to anyone buying the new Pan America.......because when or if the shit hits the fan you going to need luck

The following users thanked this post: Bundu

Offline Blikkies1

« Reply #417 on: March 08, 2021, 10:39:11 am »
Hi Mother, take your bike to James Mundey at Quattro Technic once out of warranty, he left Tygerberg and went on his own when they got bought and is from what I've been told, the only Harley master tech in SA.
https://www.facebook.com/quattrotechnicmotorcycles/
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 10:40:12 am by Blikkies1 »

The following users thanked this post: Mother

Offline madmax

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Rotax (all models)
  • I may be MAD but it MAX no difference
« Reply #418 on: March 08, 2021, 10:54:44 am »
i havent used dealership (any) since who knows... i deal with a small shop inedenvale ..robyn seems to bring in his own spares mostly and i have had no issues.. my 08 evo single cam running strong.. my 2014 l03 water cooled ..touch wood no issues (bought 2nd hand) ... i now live in george area and will i guess use the dude in knysna ... i bought my 103 from goldrand like 2 years ago and havent actually had issues regarding spares but every thing it seems must be ordered
fornicate the proletariat

Offline Wild Hearted Son

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
  • Sandton
« Reply #419 on: March 08, 2021, 05:25:00 pm »
@Mother : the same chap also owns H-D Msanzi at the old Harely JHB premises & also S4 Lifestyle.
I agree, H-D in SA is not what it used to be.

"...I was born to the city
But I longed to roam free..." - The Cult, Wild Hearted Son, 1991