Traditional Triumph Connection, Edenvale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiganDaft

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 900 Scrambler
I’ve been riding Triumph Motorcycles from 1997, bought my first Tiger 900 from Primrose Motorcycles.
Back in those days Mandy and I went on many bike rallies.
On the way back from the Paradise Rally that was held in Hazyview this strange bloke came up to us and timidly handed me a card to join the RAT Group.
This I eventually found out stood for Riders Association of Triumph.
From the small beginnings in a little shop in Sebenza all the way to the shop we all eventually called home for our social get togethers I have supported Traditional Triumph Connection and later on Traditional Motor Co.
Because of the RAT outings I have met many good friends and we had many, many adventures together.
The cracks started to show when Triumph |Factory started demanding that the dealers have this type of décor and that type of structure to be able to sell their motorcycles.
This would have cost way more money than was feasible in the South African economy.
This is when Triumph South Africa took over the role of supporting Triumph as the smaller shops could not get any more factory support.

My friends and I have sat and discussed why we feel so strongly about the demise of the smaller dealers and I believe it boils down to the simple fact that the dealer does not understand the passion that goes into buying a motorbike.

As a rider, you bond with the machine, it becomes and represents how you see yourself and how you would like to be seen.

Over the years I have owned 13 Triumphs, from Tigers, Bonnie Scramblers to Steed triples, all bought new, all ridden hard, and all enjoyed.

Unfortunately, in the new world, the only thing that is of any importance is the bottom line on the balance sheet.

I believe, but hope that I am wrong, that Triumph Motorcycles is going to go the same way that Aprilia, Moto Guzzi, Ducati and all the other small brands are going to go, supported by a few Die Hard followers that battle to get support.

We, as old Triumph riders and supporters, have lost an Icon in the Motorcycling world when Traditional Mo Co shut down their motorcycling doors.

It is a sad day indeed.

The best of luck to the guys that are losing their jobs and income.