My new bike... Triumph Scrambler XE 1200

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redwolf

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Adventure R
So, the day has come that I bought a new bike. But let’s give some background first. I am a bit of a bike slut and have owned in the region of 45 bikes in the last 15 years. Those who know me knows that roughly the last 15 bikes were all KTM’s. From Super enduro, few 990R’s, 1190R and even one or two smaller orange machines. I have also owned a GSA and normal 1200Gs in the past as well and several Honda XR650R’s, Vstroms, YZ250’s, RD350, few super bikes, few Vespas, few vintage bikes etc..

Anyway, I sold my last bike about 2 years ago just before my 4th child was born and has ever since rented bikes for trips when the occasion presented itself.

To be honest, I was actually bored with all the bikes on offer and hate how everything just became a race for bigger, faster, more plastic, more bling and did I mention more plastic? In a way bikes got more ‘sex appeal’ but lost their soul with the modern types on offering.

And then the 1200XE scrambler came along. Something out of the ordinary and almost no plastic. Brushed aluminium fenders, metal tank cap and old school retro look, but without the hassle and shit of old bikes. I was instantly in love. I have always loved naked bikes with a round light and they have always been my favorite style of bike. Since the launch last year, I drooled over the bike, but tried to convince myself NOT to buy it as it is always cheaper just to rent a bike for my next trip.

Anyway my excuses ran out and this happened:

Attachments

• img-20200225-wa0077.jpg
    img-20200225-wa0077.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 905