Maiden Trip "for work"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woestersous

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
This was my first solo trip, with a little bit of luggage on the bike.  I had to attend a team building exercise in Clanwilliam so I thought it would be a great idea to get a gravel "business mileage claim" >:D

I left Worcester early Friday morning with the sound of U2's Desire in my ears when a got a very rude wake-up call, some dumbass in a zooped up citi Golf tried to overtake a truck on the Ceres rd, he ended up on the gravel shoulder next to the road, I was very lucky, must admit that the past 18-months in Worcester has definately improved my sign language ;)

My route took me up Gydo Pass, past Op die Berg, Algeria up to the Olifants river, I followed the banks which eventually flows into Clanwilliam dam, the road leeds into main rd Clanwilliam.  I followed the same route on Saterday but crossed the laagwaterbrug over the Olifants and turned left on the N7 towards Citrusdal.  I followed the R303 that goes through Citrusdal to Ceres via the Middelberg Pass, the R303 is a mixture of tar and gravel.

I realised that I need much, much more gravel time, nerves was a definate issue with the solo thing, no cell reception and the minute amount of luggage on the bike all playing a part.  I was much more relaxed the second day, the copious amount of red wine still in my blood might have added to the illusion though :p  The ride was great though and the XR purred like a kitten :ricky:

Ps. KTM - riders were by far the friendliest riders ito greeting on this trip :peepwall:

Attachments

• Cederberg start1.JPG
    Cederberg start1.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 297
  • Winding .JPG
    Winding .JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 299
  • self.JPG
    self.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 295
  • Olifantsrivier1.JPG
    Olifantsrivier1.JPG