Lesotho quicky, another Losper epic (updated 7Jul)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m0lt3n

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
The house minister allows me one trip a year, and it's 2020 so motif, alibi, cause and effect whatever its called... It was time...

And who knows, the year barely started, maybe I can get two trips in 2020.

Yeah, I am domesticated like that.

Anyhow, Losper was helpful as ever with a great track, bikes were loaded and Friday after work we set of to Bethlehem. Myself with the newly refurbished 1190 and Pieter with a dandy 690. He was new to the group/Lesotho so super excited, to the point of not sleeping well. The rest of us slept well cause we knew what was coming...

We slept over in Bethlehem at Henk, a 990, and Johann also joined also on a 990. If you mention anything other than 990 to these guys you are going to have to explain what you are talking about, there exists no other bike... (they did great though, again)

Losper warned us that we can expect full days so we set off early to the Maseru border post. Immediately exciting Bethlehem we hit mist, which I haven't experienced in a while, lekker wake up call to focus, and then shortly after another wake up call.... That I am out of my bubble, this weekend we will be RIDING, there will be no 'conserving nobbies and doing 110kmph' on this trip. This will be a short RR, RIDING was the theme of the weekend, not taking pictures.

Through Maseru we went a bit in on tar where after in typical Losper fashion you just turn off on this random single-track to nowhere. Shortly after technical riding started,and the first incident, first of many, occurred.

We had to descend down a steep bank, I went through and thought we should probably start taking pics or vids, and immediately Pieter decided to make the vid worthwhile, and missed his footing and fell down the embankment. I will load vid later. It was a big fright actually, but fortunately there was another single tract at the bottom of the incline so he could just guide the bike to that and rejoin us. Very good thing, there was no going up that embankment.

Soon after there was some more tar before the next technical piece came. I could tell I was not riding fit, but was still having great fun.

Attached is a screenshot of the route.
Don't try to just go without the track though, there is a lot of instances where you will get properly stuck if deviating just a little.

Attachments

• IMG-20200314-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200314-WA0000.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG-20200314-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20200314-WA0012.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 617