Where do you get a new tire in Oudtshoorn on a Saturday afternoon? Ask me how

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I was on my way back to GP from George when just before De Rust, I got a cut in my rear tire about 5cm long :mad:. I think it was on the section where they are working on the road. Anyway, after 5 plugs and two bottles of sealant, I could not fix it. Pumped the tire to 4 bar and high-tailed back to Oudtshoorn. As I came into Oudtshoorn , I spotted two guys on bikes at the petrol station. They told me there are two bike shops in town which are both closed (Saturday 16:00!) and would not carry tires for a 1200 GS anyway. Sigh! Followed them to Die Smitswinkel as the owner is a big biker, but he couldn’t help either. After a few Doubles, one of the okes in the bar gives me a phone number to call. This gets me in touch with Neville from Eden Bike & Tire in George. It is now almost 17:00. Neville says he is actually having a braai at his house, but jumps in his bakkie anyway to drive across the mountain to come and get the rear wheel which I already removed.
Next morning (Sunday) 6:30, Neville is back in Oudtshoorn with a new tire fitted and I can get going again.
So, there you have it, where to find a tire on a Saturday afternoon, phone Neville.
This is just a shout out to Neville for going out of his way to help me.