Clanky Gears (which I did not have before)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krokonoster

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Ok, I *know* everyone talk about the GS (mine a 2017 GS A) gears being clanky,  but I never understood mine was OK

Until it approached about 30k it started being clanky, sometimes not go into gear or fall out. 
Serviced at Bavaria and all was honky donky again.

Late 30k's it started again,  and this time to save time, I took it in for a service at a dealer more nearby for the 40k service.  (rather leave out names0
Got it back...same.  Blamed the dealer assuming they did a bad job.

50k service took it to Bavaria (also for some cosmetic accident repairs.  did an awesome job) but .. still clanky. 
Also still have an issue that sometimes the engine jsut dies when I pull in the clutch (obviously unrelated)

Is there a job I can request for making the  gears work nice again?  Or is this just age and I have to live with it and bitch like everyone else

Don't mind spend a few bucks.  Especially falling out of 2nd can be a pain if you pull away hard and when you open up after shifting the revs scream like mad, and you have to keep the throttle closed a 2,3 seconds for the revs to come down so you can shift without grinding gears.