Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Nou hoe kry ek hom hier met lockdown.(updated)  (Read 16131 times)

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
Re: Nou hoe kry ek hom hier met lockdown.(updated)
« Reply #420 on: June 03, 2020, 10:45:44 pm »
And that is the reason I dont want to restore them myself, I rather buy one in stock trim, or one that has been restored already  :thumleft:

As long as you are knowledgeable to recognise a well-restored bike from a coffin.

I have seen restored bikes that needs full rebuilds, yet are very shiny.

Any model is at it's most valuable in stock, unrestored trim, given it is spotless of course. Any bike is only original once, after a rebuilt, it can be re-rebuilt many times.

For many the true joy lies in doing the rebuilt themselves.

But if one properly, it can nevr be a money-making business. Not anymore, anyway, with classic price now.

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
« Reply #421 on: June 03, 2020, 10:49:26 pm »
Ek het gister na n Yamaha TZR 250 3MA gaan kyk.
Als oorspronklik, maar eish.... en weer nog n eish..... het trane in my oe gekry en weggeloop  :'(

Elke liewe nut and bolt is geroes op die bike ook nog  :'(

Offline Dux

« Reply #422 on: June 04, 2020, 06:25:30 am »
And that is the reason I dont want to restore them myself, I rather buy one in stock trim, or one that has been restored already  :thumleft:

As long as you are knowledgeable to recognise a well-restored bike from a coffin.

I have seen restored bikes that needs full rebuilds, yet are very shiny.

Any model is at it's most valuable in stock, unrestored trim, given it is spotless of course. Any bike is only original once, after a rebuilt, it can be re-rebuilt many times.

For many the true joy lies in doing the rebuilt themselves.

But if one properly, it can nevr be a money-making business. Not anymore, anyway, with classic price now.

I spent years judging the concours at the Toy Run and Beaver rally and I used to be amazed at the bikes , there are the guys that do a full bolt and nut rebuild , but there is no petrol or oil in the engine , sorry but no running no points , the other lot are those that bolt on a whole bunch of accessories and think they have a winner ,  there are the guys that do an amazing rebuild but fuck it up with ND bolts , gutter bolts , rusted bolts and the worst for me is the rusty rear brake  spring .
Then the one that scored highly with me , the original unrestored , well used and neat bike , there was a Z650 at the Toy run that won for a few years  , original apart from a set of stainless silencers , the bike was in daily use and had high mileage but was very neat , in my eyes a winner .
Needless to say there were lots of pissed off people , especially at the Toy run , the one year a concours competitor complained to the organisers , so the late Keith Bright was brought in to do a second judging , same result solved the problem .
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389 / 065 967 4661
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

Offline boere

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
« Reply #423 on: June 04, 2020, 06:38:50 am »
Nee asb nie, ek try nog die petrol reuk op my hande gewoond raak  :imaposer:
Immers vervang die petrol reuk die geld reuk op jou hande :peepwall: :peepwall: :peepwall: :peepwall:

Of hoe se ek "Mafriek"

Offline DirtRebell

• Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #424 on: June 04, 2020, 08:52:35 am »
Nee asb nie, ek try nog die petrol reuk op my hande gewoond raak  :imaposer:
Immers vervang die petrol reuk die geld reuk op jou hande :peepwall: :peepwall: :peepwall: :peepwall:

Of hoe se ek "Mafriek"

:imaposer: