A trip around Lesotho with a car without wheels, wedding ring and double bed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JACOVV

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
This RR is long overdue, but having plenty of time to catch up on writing (?) my stories, I have no more excuses……  As said before in other RR’s – this is just a normal trip, nothing serious.  I would also like to thank [member=4807]Losper[/member]  for sharing the route with me and told me to change the settings of my GPS to tracks – think I would still be lost in Lesotho if I didn’t change it 😊  😊

Ou Bees had to go to Melbourne Down Under for 4 weeks during August 2017 and she agreed, on condition that she may have a week extra as she wants to visit the kids that lives in Sydney & Brisbane.  They have moved to Aus a year or what before that.

“So gese en so gedaan” and off she went and I decided that it is the ideal time for me to go on a trip around Lesotho and “my brother from another mother” had time on his hands and a date of departure was planned.

Just want to give you some info regarding the heading of the trip.  We got married in 1985 and soon after that, I stopped wearing my wedding ring and I would only wear it when we had a fancy event.  The ring used to be in the cupboard for years and her being away, I thought of wearing it as – ja, it is true – I started to missed her.  Not nice coming home after a day at work and there is nobody to talk to or even nobody to listen to you.  The car without the wheels and the double bed is in the story……just follow 😉

We would leave about the 2nd week after she was gone and although we are used to this sort of lifestyle where I was a lot away when we were younger on work related trips it was now her turn.  Often she would be away for a week or two either to Pretoria or Germany.  We got used to it, but 5 weeks is a very long time……

The Friday night I packed the bike, and because it was raining I parked the car in front of the bike so that no one can see the packed bike.  Ou Bees’ car (which is a company car) was parked outside as space was limited.  I went to bed and the following morning it was still raining and I was getting excited as a dream trip is gonna happen today.

After a good shower, putting on my riding gear, I walked passed the packed bike and car, opened the gate and saw the one rim of the car is on a brick.  “Now what do we have here” I thought.  This can be sorted, but as I came closer the car, I saw that all 4 wheels were stolen and the car is put nicely on bricks!!!!  How kind of them ☹

Now where do I go, I thought by myself.  I am in big trouble….  Phoning Ou Bees (remember there is an 8 / 9 hour time difference), but couldn’t get hold of her and tried to get hold of one of the kids, but no luck at all.  In the meantime Toby, the German guy that is renting the house and works with Ou Bees comes out and he gave me a number at their work which I called and being a Saturday, no luck.  By luck I could get passed the car on bricks and went to the local Police Station to report the matter and to get a Case Number.  At least – that is all I could do.

At this time everybody is phoning me and David mentioned that I must go to his place and we wait for the rain to stop.  At least I can do nothing more.  While we were waiting for the rain to stop, we decided to go past Queenstown to Matatiele via Elliot.

And so the trip started………….

Kiekies were taken by David and Myself.