Ann's Villa to Winterberg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanF

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR 750S
Well actually PE to Winterberg. We went via Nanaga and then through Addo park towards Addo. Saw plenty of Elephants and other game right next to the road. I was filming with my cell phone which involved lots of switching on and off and therefore missed most of the good stuff. from Addo over the spectacular Zuurberg pass to Anns Villa where we spent the night. The history of Anns Villa and Zuurberg pass has been written about here recently, so I'll leave that, but will add that it is a great place to stay. Basic and rustic but with everything you need. Next morning we hit the gravel via Alicedale towards Riebeeck East and were rewarded with some spectacular scenery and roads as you climb over the mountain. From there via Bedford and up into the Winterberg were we stayed at an awesome little spot owned by a farmer I know. Wedged between some sheer cliffs and the river, we had an enjoyable evening there. Our original plan was to go over the Winterberg and then onto Katberg and Hogsback via Mitchells Pass but factors beyond our control meant we had to head back early. Next time.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/rL5pTJZrtj4[/youtube]