Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Advice needed please  (Read 2107 times)

Online fixit

Re: Advice needed please
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2020, 09:24:23 am »
What definitely works is adding a bit of 2 stoke oil and some slick50.  Your engine will last another 200 000 kays and power will be up by at least 10- 20 % :thumleft:
Happiness is not getting what you want, but appreciating  what you already have.

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2020, 10:03:40 am »
Be very careful about what you pour into your engine. There are rumours that 'they' are sending round teams of investigators empowered to examine all motorcycles.

If your engine has not been filled with preservation oil this will be taken as evidence that you have been using the bike and you can be liable for a very hefty fine.  :deal:
Succumb not to the erosion of those born of unconsecrated union.

"Two Wheels, an engine and a place to sit." What more do you need?

2021 a milestone. 60 years a biker.

Offline DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • ChrisL .. aka...Chris Louw
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2020, 10:39:23 am »
At least bitch jy nie meer onophoudelik oor die lock down nie.  Waar het jy die olie gekoop?

John Deere olie by Kooperasie.
Volg jou eie raad want dis die beste, John Deere olie is Fuchs 15W40 jou Twin sal dit love tot 200 000 en verby. :thumleft:
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Online Dorsland

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Opsaal kerels!
    • Patriot Boerbokstoet
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2020, 11:21:59 am »
Dankie vir al julle raad en advies kÍrels.  Ek is amper klaar. 

I had to remove all the aerofoils and ailerons before starting anything.  I had to remove the flux capacitor first before being able tor each in and loosen the powerband.  These damn bikes. 

Ek hoop net my vrou kan my dorpsklere voor Maandag weer skoonkry. 
'Tis the timeís plague, when madmen lead the blind.

King Lear

Online Dorsland

• Grey hound
  • Opsaal kerels!
    • Patriot Boerbokstoet
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2020, 11:24:36 am »
Te Koop. Verskeidenheid boute, moere en wassers.  Ook 'n paar rubber dempers.  Slegs een keer losgedraai.  Mooi met olie bewaar sodat hulle nie roes nie.  Maak my 'n aanbod asseblief.

King Lear

Offline Blou Zebu

• Alika voalohoany eto i'Madagasikara
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Justice, mercy and humble obedience.
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2020, 11:32:07 am »
Ek het n Japanees-Malgassiese mechanic met franse invloed. Hy is 'n expert. Die rumour is hy kan n valve so vinnig ruil dat die ander wiel nie eers afblaas nie.

Die geheime spy kamera wat ek in garage ge-installeer het, het net een keer gedeeltelik getransmit voor n magnetiese gold dit laat uitbrand het.

Maar ek is bereid om te deel.

Die ou gebruik die downfard facing dog posisie voor en na die tyd.
XT 350 STOLEN!!!!
DR650SE 2006 Ek en die Dominee gaan orals!

Let me know if youre ever in Madagascar.
Die paaie is lank, wild en woes!

Online Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2020, 11:59:00 am »
Onthou as jy olie aftap moet jy nuwe valve clearances ook insit. Kyk sommer of daar slytasie op die powerband ook is. Baie ouens vergeet dit dan verstaan hulle nie hoekom die bike nie perform nie  :thumleft:

Hierdie is baie belangrik   :thumleft:

Onthou om die nuwe valve clearances in te sit soos Kortbroek sÍ.   PÍl van my het dit nie gedoen nie, toe val sy ou valve clearance regdeur die blok onder tot in die
sump.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 01:15:08 pm by Operator »

Offline MildlyWild

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2020, 02:05:01 pm »
I know this has been briefly discussed on the forum before so please excuse me for posing the questions again.  I know these issues are a matter of life and death and I'd really like to get the experts' opinion.

1. What oil should I use in my bike.

Please keep your replies on topic and no bitchy comments.

Dorsland, I dont know much about 1. and 2., but can offer some advice as to the the question of what oil to use. Without knowing what bike you ride and what result you are after I will offer you the options I normally consider:
a) You ride a thumper with stock seat and rear suspension, with tyres pumped to 2.5 bar, and are planning a long tar trip
   -> use Arnica oil - it will permeate through the whole bike, smooth out the vibrations, massage your ass while you ride and you will finish the ride feeling like a young man just returning from the massage parlour
b) You are over 50, and your bike looks a little abused, with numerous surface scratches. Your skill is also not good enough to make the ladies look your way anymore
  -> use Bio Oil - it will work its way all over, magically smoothing out wrinkles and other saggy parts, while also removing scratches from the bike,  leaving both of you looking 10 years younger
c) You ride a super expensive bike, kinda want a new bike already again, money is no issue for you, but your wife might think it unnecessary and withhold a bit of love at home
  -> use Pr*long oil - this way you are supporting clever entrepreneurs who can sell ice to eskimos, and when engine blows while demonstrating to your mates how you can actually drain the oil and keep riding through the 40deg Tankwa heat you can at least educate the other people around you, also having a legitimate excuse to buy a new bike

Side note - oil readily transfer properties of mechanical parts it has previously come into contact with:
  -> oil from a Land Rover will make your bike sick as well, causing a permanent discharge and making you the centre of all jokes forevermore
  -> oil from a Ferrari, Land Cruiser, etc will make your bike better

Good luck with the work, and let me know it worked out for you after lockdown
As a man thinketh, so he becomes...

Online silberfuchs

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2020, 02:56:14 pm »
Julle weet almal nie warvan julle praat nie!

Hy het laas week sy bokke teen hondsdolheid ingeent en het homself raakgesteek.

Ek het net nie geweet die goed steek oor die internet aan nie. :peepwall: :pot:

Offline goodtoogo

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2020, 03:31:48 pm »
Guys please be aware that we are in the midst of a lock down.  Now before attempting any maintenance on your boney wear a mask wash your hands and don't chew with your mouth open.{coz your mother says so}. Exposing the internals of your bike to the atmosphere is a no no. The virus will cause your rear wheel to lock up (air filter totally blocked due to infection) .Now you will suffer  5G symptoms.  Bad news this. 5G symptoms are identified by  server chest pains as the rear locks up and you connect the handle bars with your chest at +5G,s . True I read it on the interweb 5g is killing us.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Serf

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2020, 03:55:52 pm »
Guys please be aware that we are in the midst of a lock down.  Now before attempting any maintenance on your boney wear a mask wash your hands and don't chew with your mouth open.{coz your mother says so}. Exposing the internals of your bike to the atmosphere is a no no. The virus will cause your rear wheel to lock up (air filter totally blocked due to infection) .Now you will suffer  5G symptoms.  Bad news this. 5G symptoms are identified by  server chest pains as the rear locks up and you connect the handle bars with your chest at +5G,s . True I read it on the interweb 5g is killing us.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I doubt Dorsland still has a boney at his age

Sent from my SM-J250F using Tapatalk

Offline LouisXander

• Lesotho (K)night rider.
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Member of the Secret Sazook Society...
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2020, 04:04:58 pm »
Hy het een, maar di bike staan in Secunda..... Hy ry seker bok of iets :imaposer:
Don't dress for the ride,........dress for the fall!

Online Dorsland

• Grey hound
  • Opsaal kerels!
    • Patriot Boerbokstoet
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2020, 06:40:17 pm »
Hey! You young Ďuns can come learn a few things about biking from the ou manne here OK. Like I have a lot of advice to offer on oil changes, tyre pressure and stuff now.

I have my faithful Bushlander plaasdonkie still. Plus, I can still ride it while you guys are under lockdown. So thereís that.

En jy Mnr @Serf, ek hou jou dop met jou ďat his ageĒ. 

King Lear

Offline LouisXander

• Lesotho (K)night rider.
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Member of the Secret Sazook Society...
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2020, 06:59:59 pm »
As ek nou nice was Dorsie, sou ek aanbied om di scoot tot in jhb te kry, dan glo ek dit sal makliker vir jou wees om hom da in boegoepo@$fontein wa jy bly te kry... :peepwall:
Don't dress for the ride,........dress for the fall!

Offline Oubones

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2020, 07:08:47 pm »
Hey! You young Ďuns can come learn a few things about biking from the ou manne here OK.
En jy Mnr @Serf, ek hou jou dop met jou ďat his ageĒ. 
Johan, die jonges soek mos lekker skoor! :imaposer: :pot: :pot: :peepwall:
Dakar 650
SR 500

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2020, 02:10:40 am »
Ek het ook n vraag. Hulp asb.

Offline BuRP

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2020, 06:40:32 am »

Dis maklik!
Jy het die regte ding gedoen maar tjek die prentjie...... jy soek n ketting wat nie 'ON' is nie maar 'OFF'.
So kry eene, dan sal dit werk  :thumleft:
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020, KTM 890 Adv R Rally 2021

Offline Serf

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2020, 07:27:02 am »

Dis maklik!
Jy het die regte ding gedoen maar tjek die prentjie...... jy soek n ketting wat nie 'ON' is nie maar 'OFF'.
So kry eene, dan sal dit werk  :thumleft:
Hierdie is n universal ketting. Dit moet net omgedraai word na "No" toe dan is dit dieselfde as die off kettings.

Sent from my SM-J250F using Tapatalk

Online Dorsland

• Grey hound
  • Opsaal kerels!
    • Patriot Boerbokstoet
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2020, 07:45:40 am »
Ek is bly as my fred darem vir ander ouens ook kan help.

King Lear

Offline 73 Peanut

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2020, 08:08:04 am »
After reading all the technical information that you guy's have given I now feel that my bike will ride smoother , faster and be more reliable.  I feel that it will complete the tsat in a few months without to many breakdowns.  You guys are the best source of information to keep a motorcycle on the trailer.